What's new

Guide - Kotal Kahn The post-patch B1 metagame

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
The in-game frame data is way off then if it's -17. :confused: I believe it says it's -10 in-game.
As in the b14 string? No. But that string is -17 on block so you should always do a fast armored move and you'll punish it either way regardless whether they canceled it into a special or not.
It is -17 on block.

As such, the gap between B14xxEX Sunstone is so big that you can actually straight up jab him out of it with any normal up to 11 frame startup.

GOOD DRAGON

Awesometacular
Really? I remember reading it's like -16 in-game. On the frame data website it says -17.
Its minus enough to be punishable lets just say we know that much- but im pretty sure it says its -17 in the actual game frame data. On to the lab to find out i guess.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
It is -17 on block.

As such, the gap between B14xxEX Sunstone is so big that you can actually straight up jab him out of it with any normal up to 11 frame startup.
Yeah and Sun God can tick a cmd grab off that string, but the opponent shouldn't let him do that.

E

Eldriken

Maybe I was looking at the wrong string in thinking that it's -10. Oh well. Either way, it's punishable, lolol.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
lol when you get conditioned by being hit with enough d4's then you will have to block low at some point.
Yeah but I mean as soon as your opponent blocks a B14 they should go for an armored launcher, and not let you get away with a grab.

Parasurama

Dragon
It is -17 on block.

so an uppercut should work too? But full combo would be good too. If it is a war god opponent as it usually is, they could do a mix up instead of ex prokectile what would be the window then?

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
so an uppercut should work too? But full combo would be good too. If it is a war god opponent as it usually is, they could do a mix up instead of ex prokectile what would be the window then?
You can armor out of B14 overhead sword, and jump out of B14 low sword into full combo

E

Eldriken

I'm pretty sure I've still been tagged by the 2nd hit of EX Overhead for trying that, might've been from a different string though.
Were you midscreen or in the corner? I could see it whiffing on the second hit midscreen, but not in the corner.