What's new

The Official Kabal Crybaby Thread

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
I think RampaginDragon has a good idea here. Have tournies specified to each tier? Now we can have lesser characters and lesser players streamed more often for entertainment, and then the higher tiers for more competitive fights.

I see two problems thou:

We have to make an actual tier list. Thats something we all arent still in full agreement with. Tom Brady's is very close but i fell like some people will still bitch about some character placements and matchups. Until we get that sorted out we dont have a place to start.

Second, having multiple tier tournies rather than just one seems like an organizational nightmare.

Kayamek

On a break
Every day a top player makes a thread bitching about this community... Tom Brady must be infectious.
I take top players bitching because they want to improve the community than what happens on other community's and srk that not a single top player post there.

If Kabal won all match ups 7-3 minimum I'd be worried of everyone maining him, until someone do the same thing they did with akuma in super turbo just picking up the character and winning every single tournament I'd believe he is broken and would actually doing bad to the community.
I just like to watch MK9 so character variation and low tier picking is definately enjoyable to watch, I saw Chris G winning with noob it was very cool.
Cdjr don't fix what's not broken you're winning several tournaments maybe just counterpicking against Cage and other character that might bring you trouble

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
For all the player familiar with CoD let me make this analogy:

From CoD4 to MW2 on the second perk slot people would mostly use stopping power would they not?
Then comes Black Ops then stopping power disappears and now people bitch about Ghost/Cold Blooded.Yet that perk was around since CoD 4.

Don't you feel it's the same here in MK9 with Pre-patched Kung Lao and Kabal?

My suggestion: All balance changes go back to v1.04 but keep the glitches out.Tom Brady will be very happy and stop the character roller coaster , I'll be happy with my awesome elbow dash and awesome Raiden teleport and PL will have a chance to win tournaments again.

MKK hanzo

Also, you have far more to lose from Kabal being banned than ANYONE out there, so it behooves you to err on the side of caution imo. Go Jax, bro.
Lol its like implying that REO cant win with any other character? Hello? Evo 2011 Mileena giving Lao a bad time?

Its the skill of the player what matters fuck ppl entertainment. We are no clowns, WE PLAY TO WIN.

I did in its time kabal mirrors in Umk3 online against Crazy Dominican like 80 fights. No complaints of any of us. BUT if I even rematch Kabal to any random player online: rage quit + hate mail.

Lol

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk 2

CJKRattlehead

Two men enter, one man leaves!

From CoD4 to MW2 on the second perk slot people would mostly use stopping power would they not?
Then comes Black Ops then stopping power disappears and now people bitch about Ghost/Cold Blooded.Yet that perk was around since CoD 4.

My suggestion: All balance changes go back to v1.04 but keep the glitches out.Tom Brady will be very happy and stop the character roller coaster , I'll be happy with my awesome elbow dash and awesome Raiden teleport and PL will have a chance to win tournaments again.
Yes, give me dat 1.04 Freddy back :p

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Meh, I'm going over to play VF5FS. :p

>.> <.<

In all seriousness, the only thing stopping Kabal from dominating right now is because he still requires you to actually learn him to compete at higher levels.
I can't wait to play it next week

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

IDYLEHANDZ

Slave to burgers
I am about to go to my first major, and first event period.. I'm bringing my favorite- skrew the tier system.

If it comes down to me loosing to (for example) kabal and skill isn't the deciding factor, it will suck. I will likely not attend more events after.

This because I had my char picked before release! I have zero interest in kabal. ZERO, his char is super boring to me and i think he looks hella dumb. (IMO)

But to the point: NOT ONE BIT of this should matter to REO, or any of the other people out there playing Kabal. From the winning a major a week warrior,, to the online jockey.
If this is a true game breaker for 1 or 2 broken tier toons, then yeah It's bad for the game. I turn streams off when I see to much Kabal, he is that boring to me. I can't be the only one.

Who's problem is it? NRS. If kaballin kills MK dead? The top players will go on to play another game, and prolly do well due to their higher than average ninja finger skills.

Sure a problem. Just not CD ect ect ect's problem. Keep playing to win. God knows if I don't like the scene, I will just keep playing casual and have fun :)

I sincerely hope y'all are having fun too, It's arguably the entire point of playing a game.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
You think the top players in this game would still win or place top 8 on a regular bases with fighter below top 10?
If your argument is that a top player should be able to pick the worst character in the game and still be able to win tournaments consistently against top-level players.. I'd say that's fairly silly.

As far as top8: Is it really a problem that people use good characters against other good characters in a tournament setting? In the last few top8s we've seen Ermacs, Jaxs, Kitanas, Sub-Zeros, Smokes, Kabals, Jonny Cages, Sektors, Jade's, Quan Chi's, Reptiles, Kenshis, Freddy.. Am I missing something?

And as far recent winners..
Toryuken - Kabal
SummerSlam - Freddy
Final Round - Kabal
PowerUp - Sektor
MLG Winter - Jax
Spring Arena - Jax (the same Jax that lost to a Cage player earlier in the tournament)

Seems to me that it's been far more about who's actually beyond the joystick.

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
If your argument is that a top player should be able to pick the worst character in the game and still be able to win tournaments consistently against top-level players.. I'd say that's fairly silly.

As far as top8: Is it really a problem that people use good characters against other good characters in a tournament setting? In the last few top8s we've seen Ermacs, Jaxs, Kitanas, Sub-Zeros, Smokes, Kabals, Jonny Cages, Sektors, Jade's, Quan Chi's, Reptiles, Kenshis, Freddy.. Am I missing something?

And as far recent winners..
Toryuken - Kabal
SummerSlam - Freddy
Final Round - Kabal
MLG Winter - Jax
Spring Arena - Jax (the same Jax that lost to a Cage player earlier in the tournament)

Seems to me that it's been far more about who's actually beyond the joystick.
Kabal, Freddy, Kabal, Jax, Jax. And you think that is souly because the person behind the joystick is good???

And no. I never said, or hinted, or infered remotly that the best players should be able to win with the worst fighters.

Espio

Kokomo

No thank you, Kung Lao still beats most of the cast and instead of simply beating them, he'd be destroying them really bad.

Reptile's dash is 6 frames, 6 it does not need to be any safer than it currently is now.

Also if a player is going to be winning tournaments...they'll be winning anyway.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Kabal, Freddy, Kabal, Jax, Jax. And you think that is souly because the person behind the joystick is good???

And no. I never said, or hinted, or infered remotly that the best players should be able to win with the worst fighters.
The two Kabals were the same person. The two Jax's were the same person. Wins from other people were with other characters (Ikizzle - Sektor, m2dave - Freddy). Do you see the pattern?

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
No.

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
If I was a competitive player, I wouldn't care what stream monsters say or want, and I wouldn't care if my matches are streamed or not. I'd go to tournaments to win cash, and return home. If the game dies....I move onto something else.

It's worse seeing top players complain about what casuals say. Just shows that their words get to them.

Noserfatu

My eyes! The goggles do nothing!
Lol its like implying that REO cant win with any other character? Hello? Evo 2011 Mileena giving Lao a bad time?

Its the skill of the player what matters fuck ppl entertainment. We are no clowns, WE PLAY TO WIN.

I did in its time kabal mirrors in Umk3 online against Crazy Dominican like 80 fights. No complaints of any of us. BUT if I even rematch Kabal to any random player online: rage quit + hate mail.

Lol

You misinterpreted me; see my samurai comparison. REO is a stud, but a stud is more studly with a bazooka than with a knife, wouldn't you agree?

smh

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
The two Kabals were the same person. The two Jax's were the same person. Wins from other people were with other characters (Ikizzle - Sektor, m2dave - Freddy). Do you see the pattern?
Yes. The best players with the best fighters win tournies.

I think you are completly misunderstanding what I am saying. I want other fighters and players to have a chance to win, so we can stop seeing the same fighters over and over again. Instead of seeing REO and Jr win over and over again with the same 2 fighters (now the same 1) gets boring really fast. I never said they were bad, or just winning because of their charecter selection, though I do think it has a pretty big influence, more so than I would like, which is why I posted. Right now all other fighter get shut out because of the top 5/S tier.

Are you getting at something or are we going to continue babaling?

KRYS9984

Noob
Everyone has to realize that there is money (and bragging rights) involved in competitive play.

REO is doing nothing wrong by sticking with Kabal and abusing the characters to his advantage.

If everyone attending high level tournaments feels that Kabal is their best bet at succeeding, so be it. We (the community) are in no position to demand changes and any animosity towards the situation will just end up killing Mortal Kombat 9's hype.

I wouldn't mind seeing Kabal mirrors in grand finals because in the end, it's high level play and that's what I enjoy watching.

MKK hanzo

You misinterpreted me; see my samurai comparison. REO is a stud, but a stud is more studly with a bazooka than with a knife, wouldn't you agree?

smh
But isnt the bazooka available to everybody? I still think that REO is the better one handling that bazooka then (that reads.... Weird).

But im 1000000% sure that they both will put to test EVERYONEhere with the "knifes".

Go CD jr and REO !! Dont stop the tier whoring! XD

Yes. The best players with the best fighters win tournies.

I think you are completly misunderstanding what I am saying. I want other fighters and players to have a chance to win, so we can stop seeing the same fighters over and over again. Instead of seeing REO and Jr win over and over again with the same 2 fighters (now the same 1) gets boring really fast. I never said they were bad, or just winning because of their charecter selection, though I do think it has a pretty big influence, more so than I would like, which is why I posted. Right now all other fighter get shut out because of the top 5/S tier.

Are you getting at something or are we going to continue babaling?
Guys if you dont want to see REO or CDjr winning all the tourneys then LEVEL UP AND DEFEAT THEM.

Thats all you have to do. It doesnt matter the character you use.

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
Guys if you dont want to see REO or CDjr winning all the tourneys then LEVEL UP AND DEFEAT THEM.

Thats all you have to do. It doesnt matter the character you use.

Boy would I love to go to majors. But I cant really travel anywhere and I have no local scene :( At least I dont think. Fuck Kansas.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
I don't understand where you got that other fighters didn't have a chance to win. It's like you didn't watch the fights and you just complain after the results. Did you actually watch MLG matches come down to the final hit, or CDJr lose to Curbo at the fighter arena, or the Ermac matches?

All I can say is, better fighters are winning.. And there's little evidence to suggest that there's a character problem to blame for it.

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
I don't understand where you got that other fighters didn't have a chance to win. It's like you didn't watch the fights and you just complain after the results. Did you actually watch MLG matches come down to the final hit, or CDJr lose to Curbo at the fighter arena, or the Ermac matches?

All I can say is, better fighters are winning.. And there's little evidence to suggest that there's a character problem to blame for it.
The only problem is that Kabal is a God amongst mortals in this game.

Im not trying to complain, I love watching these tournaments. Really, I do. And MLG was an amazing watch, but it was still the same fighters. Do you see what I am saying?

Your right, there is little evidence to show, because the winners of tournaments are usually on top of what they think are the best fighters in the game from the begining. I really do think with enough revisement (even a word?) and preporation, mk could benefit very well from a pokemon like set-up.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Then why are you here?
I suppose because I have some false believes that NRS will get their shit together one day. I like the game, but on a 'play to win' mentality, this game is bland as fuck. MK9 is going down the same slippery slope Tekken went down. Bob killed Tekken.

MK9 at launch - KUNG LAO vs KUNG LAO
MK9 now - KUHBALL vs KUHBALL

Fuck it, they should've just left Kung Lao the hell alone. Then we'd have two 'tournament viable' characters. At the next MLG/EVO we're going to see all of VSM, Detroit, Pig and all the other prominent players playing KUHBALL. Game's dead unless NRS does something.

Now here's why people bitch, and everyone with a pure play to win mentality needs to understand this, especially for MLG because it runs off viewers. You want a check from MLG on a regular basis? Well, playing Kabal vs Kabal vs Kabal vs Kabal vs Kabal is a surefire way that nobody's going to watch the thing and in turn, there goes MK from MLG's list of games because it all runs off views and promoting advertisements to the viewers. That's where the money comes from. So yes, ultimately Kabal being nerfed/banned from tournament play will extend the lifetime of this game.

It's shooting yourself in the foot to play this character if you're in it for the money because that money is not going to exist much longer outside of the majors which don't have the massive payout that MLG does.

Don't worry guys, at least half of the top 8 at evo won't be kabal. It will have glues kung lao, mustards cyrax, ketchups sektor and f0xys sonya/cage/kung lao.

aj1701

Noob
Skarlet is actually way harder to use than Kabal. But this is not the point. People are complaining about HIGH LEVEL matches when they insist to constantly watch tournaments and the such. You'd think if they can't stand Kabal, they'd go watch other low level streams that are not at the highest level.
Well this is esports right? That means fans are an important part if the equation. No fans, no sponsors, no tournements. Ya its the games fault, so dont blame fans when they get bored either.