What's new

The Official Kabal Crybaby Thread

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
But if we ban Kabal like some people want, wouldn't they just go to Kenshi? And if we ban Kenshi, then they will go Sonya?

Fuck it, ban everyone. Mortal Kombat tournaments will now be best of 5 staring contests.
NO. Kenshi is nowhere near Kabal's level. Kenshi can't end every single combo in a safe overhead/low mixup. Kenshi can't pressure and rush you down. Kenshi doesn't have an armored move that is a combo starter. Kenshi is good at zoning, not good every single aspect of the game like Kabal. I will gladly fight Kenshis all day instead of fighting Kabal. Nobody in this game is near Kabal's level, if he was nerfed the game would be alot more balanced. He is the single only character that has no bad matchups

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
u should try to use him ur kung lao aint doing it
Yo.... there are tons of Kabals out there, that choose him just to win. To be honest I don't play this game seriously as I use to, I just play for fun every now and again. I go to tournies and majors with the mindset of just having a good time, not so much just to place 1st. I'm not gonna pick up Kabal like 90% of the Kabal players out there did just to find the easy way out of winning more.

I'm content with being like one of the only 2 Kung Laos out there placing high at every single tournament I go to.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Tone down Kabal? I still say tone down Smoke and remove the reset.

I suggest Freddy versus Kabal. 2 xx NDC is dumb and should be patched, but Freddy is the only character who can control the pace of the match versus Kabal. Why? Freddy is the only character who completely bypasses Kabal's zoning yet can also chunk and mix up fireballs without getting EX dashed.

I go even with Master D., who plays my Freddy all the time. I went even with REO at MLG. I beat Soonk because he does not know the match up. I have yet to play DetroitBalln. But if you try to use Kabal on me and you are not one of the very best Kabal players, I will blow you up.

Why do ppl.always say how hard Kabal players have to work? You don't think forever king, thtb, m2dave, 16bit etc. All work hard? The difference is the potential pay off. Kabal has more potential than everyone else, which leaves you more room to play less perfect with him.

Tone down the IAGB that is really all that's needed aside from the infinite.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Lulzlou

Noob
Kabal has more potential than everyone else, which leaves you more room to play less perfect with him.
This is where you are wrong. You need to play kabal perfectly at a high level. With high level play, one mistake and you'll eat a big punish. Believe it or not Kabal has so many ways to fuck up compared to other characters, which is why there aren't a lot of kabals at reo's level. I feel like a lot of kabals are afraid of doing a lot of footsies and pressure because of the high risk/reward.

I mean look at kabals at recent tournaments,
Kevo going to Johnny and Sonya in some matches
Soonk going to Sub against Reptile
MasterD going to Sonya

Not saying they aren't good. I respect each of them and MasterD was one of my influences for my kabal. If kabal has more room to play less perfect in every single match up, you wouldn't see kabals switching. Yes kabal has easy MU's but he still has some that he can't even scratch his nose mid-match.

That still doesn't give kabal the excuse to have all the tools he has though.

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser
If iagb's healed the opponent they would still find something to complain about. Try other fighting games, its the same story most of the time. See Super Smash Bros. Melee: Fox and Marth and others, Brawl: Metaknight, SSFIV: Fei Long, Tekken6: Bob, SCIV: Hilde, SCV: Natsu, SFxT: the whole cast, The only difference is other communities decide to deal with their game instead of complaining about the best characters tools. Just deal with it cause its never going to end, either that or find your so called balanced fighting game, and good luck with that.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
NO. Kenshi is nowhere near Kabal's level. Kenshi can't end every single combo in a safe overhead/low mixup. Kenshi can't pressure and rush you down. Kenshi doesn't have an armored move that is a combo starter. Kenshi is good at zoning, not good every single aspect of the game like Kabal. I will gladly fight Kenshis all day instead of fighting Kabal. Nobody in this game is near Kabal's level, if he was nerfed the game would be alot more balanced. He is the single only character that has no bad matchups
Kenshi is only slightly less stupid than Kabal. If you're fighting him with KL most of the time that's why he doesn't seem stupid to you.

Also, Kenshi does have an armored move that's a combo starter AND it's safe on block

Tone down Kabal? I still say tone down Smoke and remove the reset.

I suggest Freddy versus Kabal. 2 xx NDC is dumb and should be patched, but Freddy is the only character who can control the pace of the match versus Kabal. Why? Freddy is the only character who completely bypasses Kabal's zoning yet can also chunk and mix up fireballs without getting EX dashed.
Kano's Knives eat through Ex Dash, and i'd imagine the second Sareena knife would too (i mean Skarlet).

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Make him the antithesis to quan chi, make all of his moves especially gas blast give less meter then every other character. Make him work much harder for his breakers then everyone else.

Remove the armor on EX ND

Fix 2 xx NDC

Maybe nerf the start up and recovery of Buzz Saws, but keep them low.

I would like them to nerf kabal with out sucking all the fun out of him, like they did with Kung Lao, who is a shell of his former self.

This is where you are wrong. You need to play kabal perfectly at a high level. With high level play, one mistake and you'll eat a big punish. Believe it or not Kabal has so many ways to fuck up compared to other characters, which is why there aren't a lot of kabals at reo's level. I feel like a lot of kabals are afraid of doing a lot of footsies and pressure because of the high risk/reward.

That still doesn't give kabal the excuse to have all the tools he has though.
And it's not easier and more detrimental to fuck up with Noob?

All due respect, Lulzlou, but I'm just sayin'.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Kano's Knives eat through Ex Dash, and i'd imagine the second Sareena knife would too (i mean Skarlet).
You're definitely right about Skarlet, but Kano's knives can be EX dashed on reaction at a certain range. So can Freddy's glove toss. But the difference is that Freddy can mix up glove toss, finger, and mid spike at mid range to keep the Kabal player guessing when to EX dash.

As a Freddy player, the only thing I dislike about Kabal is 2 xx NDC, which is related to the poor block mechanics in the game. You already know the deal, so I won't complain about it.

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser
Kenshi is only slightly less stupid than Kabal. If you're fighting him with KL most of the time that's why he doesn't seem stupid to you.

Also, Kenshi does have an armored move that's a combo starter AND it's safe on block
and to make matters even worse, instead of 50/50s he ends all his combos/strings in frame/tech traps and he is very capable of rushdown. he isnt rushdown oriented but he can pull it off

Spletty

Grandmaster
Make him the antithesis to quan chi, make all of his moves especially gas blast give less meter then every other character. Make him work much harder for his breakers then everyone else.

Remove the armor on EX ND

Fix 2 xx NDC

Maybe nerf the start up and recovery of Buzz Saws, but keep them low.

I would like them to nerf kabal with out sucking all the fun out of him, like they did with Kung Lao, who is a shell of his former self.
i think itd be funny to nerf the living hell out of him. Take the fun out of him. Take the bs out of him. Take any chance he has of being good and just rip it out of his ass. Then we wouldnt have anymore "KUH-BALL NEEDZ NARFS" threads.

Ps. He doez needz narfs.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

You're definitely right about Skarlet, but Kano's knives can be EX dashed on reaction at a certain range. So can Freddy's glove toss. But the difference is that Freddy can mix up glove toss, finger, and mid spike at mid range to keep the Kabal player guessing when to EX dash.

As a Freddy player, the only thing I dislike about Kabal is 2 xx NDC, which is related to the poor block mechanics in the game. You already know the deal, so I won't complain about it.
At a certain range, brotha :) Still works very nice vs Kabal.

Skarlet can also d3 Kabal's normal dash from full screen. So can a few other d3's i think.

AC1984

Kaballin!
Yo.... there are tons of Kabals out there, that choose him just to win. To be honest I don't play this game seriously as I use to, I just play for fun every now and again. I go to tournies and majors with the mindset of just having a good time, not so much just to place 1st. I'm not gonna pick up Kabal like 90% of the Kabal players out there did just to find the easy way out of winning more.

I'm content with being like one of the only 2 Kung Laos out there placing high at every single tournament I go to.
What a stupid read....

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
Fuck Kabal
#salt
#OP
#Broken
#Fuck Kabal
He's too good. lamelamelamelamelamelamelamelamelamelamelamelame
You should feel terrial if you play this fighter
your soul burns in the depth of the nether realm
your testicals are going to shrink and eventually diassapear.
Fuck Kabal.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
I don't think Kabal is as bad as people make out, sure he has some crazy MU's were he can walk it and disregard a footsie game altogether by just staying away.

There is a ton of dumb stuff in this game that need's to brought to attention, and Kabal isn't the be all and end all of it. I welcome any Kabal player, I do my thing with Kung Lao, and you do yours with Kabal, and may the best man win, basically.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations

Kenshi has zero mobility at all, and in high level play, all his "safe" armored options are huge risks to jump ins and crossovers. Kabal's shit gets him out of any situation anytime. Kenshi is AMAZING, true. But putting him anywhere close to Kabal is craaaaazy talk.

This game is not as balanced as people think. OK, there aren't any unwinnable MUs, but the difference from #1 to the rest of the cast is too big. And again, there are no unwinnable MUs, but there are some fucked up ones (Jade vs Kenshi, Sheeva vs Mileena).

I'm not saying that the game is not balanced, I'm saying that it could be a lot more with some changes.

And IMO a character that has no bad MUs and most of his MUs are at least 6-4 is not balanced. You can complain about Kenshi or Sonya, but at least you have more than one option to counter pick them.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
I find Kabal boring to watch. But yeah, Cage is dumb. Cage players are getting away with murder with how simple it is to play him....like seriously. I wish Reo would pick up someone new to keep it fresh...we all know he can and will win with ANY character...:)