What's new

The Official Kabal Crybaby Thread

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Allow me to add my two cents, ladies and gentlemen...

Chris Rock once said something that stuck with me on the subject of single mothers raising children who claimed they didn't need a man to succeed..."Just because you CAN do it doesn't necessarily mean it's to be done."

That's exactly how I feel about Kabal. Especially Reo & Detroit's Kabals.
Just because they CAN be beaten, doesn't necessarily mean you stand a popsicle's chance in hell of pulling it off.

We are all single mothers convinced that we can raise our children ourselves and we don't need no man.

Kabal is reality.

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
Kabal excels in just about every department.

The nerf for buzzsaw was to restrict his runaway game... you could close distance on him quicker without having to dash block duck for fear of the buzzsaw.
Kabal's Ground Saw is not the problem. It's his iAGB and what he can do while you are trying to get in on him. If one iAGB hits 9%.. the second one hits 6% just from his projectiles alone while he has the advantage full screen to build meter so fast without even going near you. Then most players if they jump onto a iAGB, he gets a free Nomad Dash combo ending with his F4 knee reset which allows him free NDC pressure. NDC is not the problem if you can keep him away... it's dealing with his iAGB which gives him the F4 opportunity with his knee which allows him to NDC pressure you to death. If his Ex Nomad Dash was safe on block, I would complain but if baited it out and blocked it with the right read, Kabal deserves that heavy punishment, it's fine the way it is. Simple nerfs to iAGB recovery and remove NDC infinites. I would personally remove F4 knee that gives him more free pressure.

KevoDaMaN

The 6
This character beats everyone ATLEAST 6-4. There is only one character that could go 5-5 against him and thats reptile. Kabal is ridiculous. He can iagb at a low enough level to the point where you cant do anything but dash in, his iagb are low and fast enough to hit jax out of dash punch and keep any character from throwing projectiles at this character. A good player with good footsies SHOULD NOT lose to anyone with this character. Execution does not make up for how broken this piece of shit is. Autopilot kabals lose tournaments because they cant do anything BUT zone. The downfall of most zoners is that they put themselves in patterns, have a weak footsie game, and crack under pressure. If you play the MU correctly you SHOULD NOT lose a match with this character. Look at REO for instance, this dude has good footsies and knows how to deal with pressure and mixes up all the time. He not an autopilot and that is why he places in the top 3 for every tournament he enters. Who really beats him besides JR? REO overcame his fear of jax and will most likely start winning all the majors he goes to. REO and detroit are the only 2 tournament kabals that dont fall in the autopilot list. If detroit mained kabal him and reo would be 1st and 2nd every tournament. You guys cant compare autopilots to reo. REO is kabal at the highest level not Kevo, cat, or ac1984. Guys need to get real, REO isnt losing to any Jax player STOP saying jax is kabal's counter because its NOT.
You cant go a day without mention my name like cmon kid keep me out of ur mouth and everything u do

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
I'm not worried because Reo is the only one who brings him to his full potential and even he doesn't win every tournament. He's fine.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Yeah, I guess you can't count MKD and MKA ^_^
Nomad's Touch FTW.

Mavado > Kabal.

Yeah, I said it. Had less bullshit, a cooler backstory, a better henchman, 8-way nyah-nyah-you-cant-catch-me bungee chords, and his alternate costume was more badass than Kabal's, who somehow still has his old cop suit in spite of it being burned to bits before he got his gas mask.

Mavado for DLC.

I don't thinke Kabal should be banned or nerfed, I just fucking hate that character. He ruins all the fun :( (and yes I'm a big crybaby)

DoctrineDark

Too little, too late...
Kabal is fine, the already received their nerfs. the only thing it could be slow iagb.
2ndc ``infinite block´´ may be hit with d3, even when running 2ndc at full speed the next 2 does not hit this even in large hitbox.
You can jump, hit,ejecute ex movements in between many of his strings ndc...

Against Kabal have to take into account also can punish b1, 2 Kabal, not difficult few examples:

-jax: Elite Smash,
-raiden: teleport , xray, Shocker
-jhonny: nut punch
-ermac:Force Push (supposed)
etc...
*but in most cases ex movements*

note: technically b1,2,1 is neutralized and is punishable.

to consider:
-b1ndc, 2 (2 catches jumping)
-2ndc, f4 (f4 catches jumping and if you try d1 or d3, f4 connect)
-b1ndc,4 neutral (4 catches jumping)
-2ndc,b1,2ndc or b1ndc, if he resists and is expected 2ndc b1, 2 as I said above is punishable b1, 2

So you can easily jump or interrupt:
-f4ndc, f4 (kabal option: see the cross up and execute 1+2 its safe on cross up for the distance)
-f4ndc,2
-f4ndc,b1
-f4ndc,f3,2 (but f3,2 its safe on cross up for the distance)
-b1ndc,b1
-2ndc,f3,2
-f3ndc,b1
-f3,2ndc, b1,2,1

etc etc... Kabal is more vulnerable after f4ndc

The parry can be Intercepted with sequences in relation to the frames of the 2nd hit of the sequence, exaple:

kung lao 1.1 *, 2 spin ... Kabal first hit only resist with exndc-b1 *, 2,1 its not possible.
interception moment: *

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
Here is the fundamental divisor; do you think you could beat REO in general? Even if Kabal was toned down, do you guys honestly think that is what would help you win? I guarantee if REO was forced to learn another character he'd still kick all of our asses.
lol, he's already done it with Mileena and Kung Lao. You can't fuck with him no matter what character he uses.

lol REO has been arguably the best MK9 player since the release of the game. He has perfect footsies, spacing, damage, etc. Wanting to nerf/ban a character just because our community's best player is doing good with that char is a stupid idea. BTW REO is also dominates with Cage, Lao, Mileena.

exyle

Noob
^^Exactly, Reo has always been 1st/2nd best and he knows every character inside out. Nerfing Kabal won't stop him from winning.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I don't want Reo to stop winning. That's my favorite Italian since the guy who fucking invented pizza.

But this Kabal shit is just getting silly.

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
You cant go a day without mention my name like cmon kid keep me out of ur mouth and everything u do
STFU, you can't tell me what to do. I can't stop you from lying about you blow me up but I don't care. Ignore what I say if it really offends you.