What's new

The Newest Mortal Kombat (9) Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRKFIEND

Noob
I COMPLETELY disagree with Stryker as being 'D' tier. I had a long winded post to go with my reasoning. But none of that shit matters. Stryker as "D" tier is wrong.

Tolkeen

/wrists
I COMPLETELY disagree with Stryker as being 'D' tier. I had a long winded post to go with my reasoning. But none of that shit matters. Stryker as "D" tier is wrong.
Stryker: Cage, Cyrax, Ermac, Freddy, Kabal, Kenshi, Kung Lao, Liu Kang, Noob, Raiden, Reptile, Smoke

Which of these are not bad matchups, and why? Give a good explanation and it may be changed. Just saying it, doesn't make it "believably" true.

*edited for grammar.*

galindo

Noob
Thanks wrist, why don't you go to egp

Also there's some archived stream from yesterdays tourney of me losing to a baraka while I used shang,

Also I have some videos of me that I will upload of me using baraka, beating wonder chef and krayzies ermac in casuals

Robotic

Gentleman.
Thanks wrist, why don't you go to egp

Also there's some archived stream from yesterdays tourney of me losing to a baraka while I used shang,

Also I have some videos of me that I will upload of me using baraka, beating wonder chef and krayzies ermac in casuals
Truth time: I don't think I'm good enough.

CRKFIEND

Noob
Stryker: Cage, Cyrax, Ermac, Freddy, Kabal, Kenshi, Kung Lao, Liu Kang, Noob, Raiden, Reptile, Smoke

Which of these are not bad matchups, and why? Give a good explanation and it may be changed. Just saying it, doesn't make it "believably" true.

*edited for grammar.*
I could go on about specifics that could take about a freaking hour of my time - but I'll tell you over Mic if you want me to rant about it for hours... So I'll just break it down for a couple fighters...

Stryker Vs. Smoke. - The smoke pellet or whatever you call it doesn't track strykers roll in the mid-way through end animation.

Stryker Vs Kabal - No with patch 1.05 Stryker's bomb animations are just as quick as others allowing trading with kabal. Stryker's low bomb stuffs Kabal's EX dash. Kabal's projectiles DO NOT stuff Stryker's roll.

I could go on with more puzzlers... mainly liu kang and ermac being far better then Stryker... But I feel it's because most people don't play high level Strykers. I really am too lazy to write a long winded response. Stryker is better then D-tier.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
yep, Baraka used to be one of the underdogs before .... now his full potential is being explored, that's fine .... hope the same stuff happens to dear Sheeva

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Before we go completely off topic...Best ATHF story I have...
I was completely, blissfully unaware of the play on words in the sentence "I Am Sofa King We Todd Ed."
Then one day, while working SKULL MOUNTAIN at Six Flags, I convinced an entire train full of people to say it.
Nobody bothered to tell me until I got home and told Lady Box the story that she gently informed me I'd just made about 28 people call themselves fucking retarded in front of about another 200 people. My jaw dropped. My favorite episode, and I was totally clueless. I thought Billy Witch Doctor Dot Com was literally just getting them to say they were Sofa King We Todd Ed. It's Aqua Teen, for christs sake.
Didn't get fired. Didn't get caught. How NOBODY was around for that, I have no idea.

Back to the tiers...Stryker can't beat Kabal. At least not without some scientific precision.
And I <3 me some skilled Stryker play, but without Meter, he's a sitting duck. All the crispy one has to do is get inside and start tricking him up. His distance play is definitely improved, but his grenades leave him wide open for EX Dash, his Gunshot, cancelled or not, leaves him open for the Wheel, which leaves Kabal enough time to Dash in and go to work. He's got the EX Roll to try and use against iAGBs, but if Kabal reads it right, he can touch down and block just in time, or if he's got a comfy life lead, just take the Roll and resume zoning against a now meterless Stryker.

Baraka is naaaaaaasty. One of the most dangerous midscreen/corner forces in the game.
Imagine, if you will, if the Spin was a pop-up instead of a knockaway, and he could chain it like Lao's Spin?
Tarkatans would be all over the damn place...

Robotic

Gentleman.
I was completely, blissfully unaware of the play on words in the sentence "I Am Sofa King We Todd Ed."
Then one day, while working SKULL MOUNTAIN at Six Flags, I convinced an entire train full of people to say it.
Nobody bothered to tell me until I got home and told Lady Box the story that she gently informed me I'd just made about 28 people call themselves fucking retarded in front of about another 200 people. My jaw dropped. My favorite episode, and I was totally clueless. I thought Billy Witch Doctor Dot Com was literally just getting them to say they were Sofa King We Todd Ed. It's Aqua Teen, for christs sake.
Didn't get fired. Didn't get caught. How NOBODY was around for that, I have no idea.
hoohohohoohoohooohohohoohooo!! You say, funny thing!!

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
I could go on with more puzzlers... mainly liu kang and ermac being far better then Stryker... But I feel it's because most people don't play high level Strykers. I really am too lazy to write a long winded response. Stryker is better then D-tier.
Thats the problem with this whole tier list, all of the characters in the lower tiers are the characters we dont see much of. That doesnt mean that they're bad it just means that they either dont have a good representative or they are unexplored. Skarlet for sure is not F tier with all the crazy shit she can do but hey.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
hoohohohoohoohooohohohoohooo!! You say, funny thing!!
"What if we needed something else brought back, say, bigger than a chicken?"

"Perhaps Mega Ultra Chicken...NO, SHH, He is legend!"

Skarlet is so fucking weird. I really like her, the Dagger Slashes, best Slide in the game as far as its usefulness, but she is weird.
Nerfing the daggers was her death knell, though. The Throw had to go, the Slide Slash could be lived without, but killing the dagger damage was just silly.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta

Back to the tiers...Stryker can't beat Kabal. At least not without some scientific precision.
And I <3 me some skilled Stryker play, but without Meter, he's a sitting duck. All the crispy one has to do is get inside and start tricking him up. His distance play is definitely improved, but his grenades leave him wide open for EX Dash, his Gunshot, cancelled or not, leaves him open for the Wheel, which leaves Kabal enough time to Dash in and go to work. He's got the EX Roll to try and use against iAGBs, but if Kabal reads it right, he can touch down and block just in time, or if he's got a comfy life lead, just take the Roll and resume zoning against a now meterless Stryker.

Baraka is naaaaaaasty. One of the most dangerous midscreen/corner forces in the game.
Imagine, if you will, if the Spin was a pop-up instead of a knockaway, and he could chain it like Lao's Spin?
Tarkatans would be all over the damn place...
Lol dude... i swear. I had the same thing happen.. but I was like 10.. and it was written on a shirt and was on display in a mall. So I was standing there saying it to myself... then I said it out loud a few times and my mom was like "OMG we have to leave now!!!"

But I will have to politely disagree with Baraka. He isn't that good. His spin can be poked and his normals are slow as balls. His corner game is weak because he can't lock you down there, simple d4's will blow up spin and everything string leaves at neutral or worse (except that u4).

Stryker is bad. He doesn't do damage. He can't zone out zoners, and he has a hard time keeping rush down off of him. He has good tools, but nothing spectacular. They obviously wanted him to be more like Freddy, and it just didn't happen. Tis a shame.

I want to see this Skarlet stuff. I really do. I've wanted to try and main her, but I can not find HC strings to effectively make her good. What is she? How do are you supposed to play her.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Lol dude... i swear. I had the same thing happen.. but I was like 10.. and it was written on a shirt and was on display in a mall. So I was standing there saying it to myself... then I said it out loud a few times and my mom was like "OMG we have to leave now!!!"

But I will have to politely disagree with Baraka. He isn't that good. His spin can be poked and his normals are slow as balls. His corner game is weak because he can't lock you down there, simple d4's will blow up spin and everything string leaves at neutral or worse (except that u4).

Stryker is bad. He doesn't do damage. He can't zone out zoners, and he has a hard time keeping rush down off of him. He has good tools, but nothing spectacular. They obviously wanted him to be more like Freddy, and it just didn't happen. Tis a shame.

I want to see this Skarlet stuff. I really do. I've wanted to try and main her, but I can not find HC strings to effectively make her good. What is she? How do are you supposed to play her.
He is definitely sluggish as hell, but at least now post-patch he's got a fighting chance for those who know how to manipulate his pointy tools of pain.
Stryker's lack of damage is a big achilles heel...the Gun cancels would be so much better if he had a Jax-ish lightning-quick attack to jump on you with, but just motioning the pistol alone leaves you open to all number of shenanigans depending on your opponent.
If this were Space Jam, Jax would be Michael Jordan, and Stryker would be Bill Murray.

Your question on Skarlet is one I'd really like to see answered. I have no idea what to classify her as.
She's a fucking mystery and a half, man, especially post-patch. There's victory somewhere in there.
Somebody call Japan. If those guys can assassinate in SF with the worst of characters, I'm sure one of them could figure out Skarlet.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
CRKFIEND said:
Stryker Vs Kabal - No with patch 1.05 Stryker's bomb animations are just as quick as others allowing trading with kabal. Stryker's low bomb stuffs Kabal's EX dash. Kabal's projectiles DO NOT stuff Stryker's roll.
None of the things you said make sense to me. The fact is that Stryker has no answers for iaGBs and buzzsaws. Imagine Kabal being full screen away: if you roll, you either get hit by the buzzsaw, which has an instant start up, or you duck under the first iaGB yet eat the second as you recover. Bombs are not an issue for Kabal. Bombs are too slow. By the time you throw a bomb, someone like REO or Master D. will already have two iaGBs on the screen. Stryker is a zoning character. How is he beating a character who not only outzones him but also beats him up close? He has the same issues as Noob does in the match up. 7:3, and I am probably being generous.

Matix218

Get over here!
I could go on about specifics that could take about a freaking hour of my time - but I'll tell you over Mic if you want me to rant about it for hours... So I'll just break it down for a couple fighters...

Stryker Vs. Smoke. - The smoke pellet or whatever you call it doesn't track strykers roll in the mid-way through end animation.
Just because the smoke bomb does not hit stryker mid roll has nothing to do with why this is a bad matchup for stryker.

IMO the main reason why this matchup is bad for stryker is because stryker is a zoning type character and smoke has one of the best (if not the best) anti zoning tool with is shake move.

Basically the same reason why almost every zoning focused character struggles against Smoke

M2Dave

Zoning Master
OneBoxyRobot said:
Your question on Skarlet is one I'd really like to see answered. I have no idea what to classify her as.
She's a fucking mystery and a half, man, especially post-patch. There's victory somewhere in there.
Somebody call Japan. If those guys can assassinate in SF with the worst of characters, I'm sure one of them could figure out Skarlet.
REO mentioned something about 1,1,2 xx EX dagger cancel, 1,1,2, which supposedly jails. I have yet to test this, but I am not sure whether it matters as her best tool has been toned down too much. Take anything Foxy says with a grain of salt.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Lol boxy

For the record Ive wanted to change my name so many times to "the wisdom cube"

I can quote the cube 100%

Robotic

Gentleman.
Lol boxy

For the record Ive wanted to change my name so many times to "the wisdom cube"

I can quote the cube 100%
Ha! If there was enough space in PSN for "The Cybernetic Ghost of Christmas Past from the Future" It would have been on and poppin years ago!

I definitely hit you with a smoke bomb while you were rolling sometimes. It's inconsistent. Anyways I wouldn't assume that it's a good matchup for Stryker just because you blew up my Smoke; matchup charts assume perfect play from both players, but you're way better at this game than I am.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I want to see a Stryker player get blown up by a Kabal and just start yelling "MY DAD OWNS A DEALERSHIP!"

Either that or I'm gonna play out the entire NEC tournament/casuals in a Master Shake suit.

Try keeping your game face on when you're fighting a giant fucking milkshake. Go on. Try.

Maybe this has already been talked about but how is one of SZ's bad match ups NOT Kitana?
I'd say it's because she can't really break his turtling, and any attempt she makes to get in/fly in with the Square Wave and so forth end can end in Ice Clones & Slides/EX Slides.
A defensive ninja Sub is gonna be playing keep away all day, and she can't break him without leaving herself open.

Status
Not open for further replies.