What's new

General/Other - Mileena The Mileena General Discussion Thread (All Variations)

Flow

Bound by the Blood Kode
Huuuuuuge props to @YOMI RM SaltFace. Great showing at ECT! I'm so glad to see the empress in the top 4 of a tournament. Your matches were extremely hype. Really looking forward to X-Battles. I wish you the best of success! (Please destroy dat freakin Tanya next time.)

Btw I think your avatar needs more teeth :D

Endding

You picked a bad time to get lost friend
Yeeeeee

Salt face <3 your Harley was an inspiration to my friend, now you're an inspiration to me.

Keep at it my man.

SilverHaze

You will obey.
How can I become less predictable with Mileena? I currently use piecing but I would be willing to learn ravonous. Also how much should I be doing off of the common starters?

Flow

Bound by the Blood Kode
How can I become less predictable with Mileena?
General advise: Use ALL of her tools and don't overuse her roll/teleport. Play patient.

Some tips from a different thread:
a) Don't waste your meter on U3 mb or ex sais, unless it's going to kill them.
b) Use B12 and 123 more often.
c) Throws. Throws. Throws. Seriously throw the shit out of them, in order to strengthen your mix up game. (SCV tactics)
d) Use 21 and 21U4 more often. They offer good mix up opportunities.
e) More D3s and low sais. Give them a reason to duck and punish them for it.
f) Less ex teleports and more ex rolls.
g) Work on your kombos and air2air conversions. Make sure they suffer, if you manage to hit them.

If this isn't helpful, you could just watch some of SaltFace's matches and analyze his gameplay.

Also how much should I be doing off of the common starters?
About 30%. Depends on the starter/ender/setup. Check out the kombo-threads for more info.

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
How can I become less predictable with Mileena? I currently use piecing but I would be willing to learn ravonous. Also how much should I be doing off of the common starters?
Follow the post by @Flow as there is good advice in there. Mixing up Ex Roll with low enders in strings is also a good albeit risky way of being less predictable. eg F12 then either going Ex Roll (overhead) or B4 (low).

In terms of damage you should get around 30+ on most starters

Enigma

Noob
Okay, so this is something I've been having trouble with since the game came out.My moves just don't come out right. So many times when I try to EX roll, back dash comes out and when I use the regular roll, sweep comes out instead. What am I doing wrong? In MK9, I never had this problem. Is it a controller issue? I used to have the xbox controller in MK9 and now I have the new ps4 controller.

TheGabStandard

Okay, so this is something I've been having trouble with since the game came out.My moves just don't come out right. So many times when I try to EX roll, back dash comes out and when I use the regular roll, sweep comes out instead. What am I doing wrong? In MK9, I never had this problem. Is it a controller issue? I used to have the xbox controller in MK9 and now I have the new ps4 controller.
Firstly make sure release check and alternate controls are off. If that's not the issue I suggest going to training mode and practice the moves but each time you attempt the move look closely at your inputs and see exactly what you are pressing. There is a possibility if going to fast you are adding extra buttons which makes the move not come out right. Eventually your inputs will be cleaner.

As for the controller, it depends on the person. I personally dislike the ps4 pad but others say it's fine.

Ninjaguy446

all I have is the Green
  • Mileena - adjusted several hitboxes to hit more consistently
  • Mileena - Low Slash (down FP) no longer pushes opponents away before the active frames
  • Mileena - increased hit advantage on Rider combo (Away + BP, BP, throw) to 25 (up from -7)
  • Mileena (Piercing) - now goes into a ducking state during Low Sai
  • Mileena (Ravenous) - increased hit advantage on grab specials
  • Mileena (Ravenous) - doing the Quick Taste combo (Away + FP, BP, throw) will no heal her a small amount as she bites
Ravenous bite heals the Empress :):):)

Ninjaguy446

all I have is the Green
Sorry for double post, but ummmmm where are the Ethereal changes??

EDIT: WAIT NEVERMIND YAAS
  • Mileena (Ethereal) - Reduced the recovery on Vanish Away & Vanish Towards. Also allows for combos to continue afterwards

TheGabStandard

This is lovely, I'm assuming Mileena is now properly fixed with D1 and F12 hitting correctly if the top line is true. Rider Combo buff is good because it looks swaggy so having more advantage might make it more viable in something like Ethereal. Ravenous buffs are pretty sweet, tempted to say that its actually the best variation.

Also Ethereal, its a start but it depends on the type of combos that can be done after Vanish which from memory is the EX Teleport. Going to be a fun few days :D

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
What exactly were here hit box problems in ravenous. I only play piercing so all I know about is the b12 1+3 problems

iVital

Noob
May I ask how does having hit advantage on High/Low pounce buffs Ravenous? I played Ravenous week 1, but dropped it because Piercing was better at that current time.

Baconlord

May I ask how does having hit advantage on High/Low pounce buffs Ravenous? I played Ravenous week 1, but dropped it because Piercing was better at that current time.
It means she can run up and get knockdown pressure after she hits with one of these moves

iVital

Noob
It means she can run up and get knockdown pressure after she hits with one of these moves
That's what I had in mind before posting, but I wanted confirmation.

Yea, I think I'm going to start spending time with Ravenous. Hopefully they'll give her tick throws in the next update with low pounce, she needs it :(

Baconlord

That's what I had in mind before posting, but I wanted confirmation.

Yea, I think I'm going to start spending time with Ravenous. Hopefully they'll give her tick throws in the next update with low pounce, she needs it :(
She has tick throws already