What's new

General/Other - Mileena The Mileena General Discussion Thread (All Variations)

I have been playing this game for a while and i love mileena. My record is good online but thats not saying much. I still think i need quite a bit of help with certain things such as; how can i get out of cross ups, playing the neutral without getting blowed up, how to to trip guard (like ppl jump in all the time and i punish with roll sometimes but other times i knocked out it or they block it) and does she get out crazy pressure?

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I have been playing this game for a while and i love mileena. My record is good online but thats not saying much. I still think i need quite a bit of help with certain things such as; how can i get out of cross ups, playing the neutral without getting blowed up, how to to trip guard (like ppl jump in all the time and i punish with roll sometimes but other times i knocked out it or they block it) and does she get out crazy pressure?
Roll is the best answer against crossups and jumps in general, if you play Piercing you can perfectly play footsies with B12, she's actually really good at defending her space in Piercing, also trip guard with B12 as well.
In other variations playing footsies it harder since you don't have much, you can punish with roll some whiffed moves or sometimes even with B12 if you are really close.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
I don't even know what Trip Guard means.
example, scorpion does jump forward 3, its whiffs and you roll him right as the active frames end but while he still cant block.
theres different "landing recovery" frames when you cant block depending if you jump and press nothing or jump and press a button so its just a fancy term for whiff punish really

example, scorpion does jump forward 3, its whiffs and you roll him right as the active frames end but while he still cant block.
theres different "landing recovery" frames when you cant block depending if you jump and press nothing or jump and press a button so its just a fancy term for whiff punish really
Oh... well where the hell did the term Trip Guard come from then? lol. It's just a whiff punish.

LionHeart

Whisper within a sigh
Oh... well where the hell did the term Trip Guard come from then? lol. It's just a whiff punish.
Trip guard is just that, whiff punish attacks that come from jump ins with grounded combos/pokes/sweeps, not anti-air, air to air or anything like that.

Plain ol' whiff punish often refers to moves/strings whiffing while the opponent is already on the ground and punishing them for that, whereas trip guard is like tripping somebody who jumped in on you (common trip guards in SF for ex. are sweeps).

Hey does anyone know how the frames on Standing 3 on block? Had an idea for a new strategy with her in close, but if Standing 3 is unsafe then it won't really work.

Last edited:

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
I posted already on bug reporting thread but i'm afraid noone would notice so i repost here:
I did an interesting test with mileena air sai today:
In practice mode, pick Mileena vs Kotal Kahn (for big hit box) set reset position to a corner and make him jump
1. Throw instant air sai hitting kotal in the air and repeatedly press D2. The recovery on that air sai is so terrible that i can never hit one (the D2 comes out after kotal hits the ground)
2. Do jump kick air sai or telekick air sai then D2. It's very easy to hit and to combo off of that
Is that a bug or intended? Why does naked air sai has terrible recovery? To prevent spamming instant air sai al day?

Is that a bug or intended? Why does naked air sai has terrible recovery? To prevent spamming instant air sai al day?
Yeah this was known, raw air sai being comboable was something I've wanted for a while since it looks like a mistake. It MAY have been intentional, but you only get that awful recovery if the sai hits. On whiff, you can just do it again like normal. So it doesn't prevent "spamming", it just prevents the combo damage, lol.

Arkayne

Jade Mod. Poison Ivy
yeah after 214 or 3 there are very few wakeups that cannot be stuffed by F1. Scorpion's and Ermac's teleportcome to mind as does Cassie's Getaway Flip. Kung Lao's EX Spin in Tempest is another but you can stuff EX Spin in other variations, its just super hard to do lol. However, if in Piercing you can end combos with B212+4 and can stuff wakeups with F1 consistently that have around 15f start up or more
Jaxs ex knee and Takeda flurry.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Yeah this was known, raw air sai being comboable was something I've wanted for a while since it looks like a mistake. It MAY have been intentional, but you only get that awful recovery if the sai hits. On whiff, you can just do it again like normal. So it doesn't prevent "spamming", it just prevents the combo damage, lol.
Damn NRS what the heck was they thinking

ExpiredCodes

The Yankees blew a 3-0 lead in the 2004 ALCS.
Hey guys. Wanted to say hi & see how everyone is doing.

Also next week you guys will see me in action this upcoming weekend as Mileena will be at X-Battles. I'll do my best to represent her well.
You killed it at ECT man. Congrats.

Last edited:

MajinBerserker

My power equals yours!

Also next week you guys will see me in action this upcoming weekend as Mileena will be at X-Battles. I'll do my best to represent her well.
Congrats at ECT, as well as your other recent placements!
Good luck at X-Battles, dude.

Obviously the Mileena representation is hype. Great to see a player have faith in her and represent well.
Ravenous is fun to watch, too. The combos are so satisfying and funny, with her little hops and stabs. It's become my main variation now, too. Piercing is sidelined, for the time being.

You plan to ever use Piercing in tournament?

SaltFace NS

Ultimate Mileena Exterminator
Congrats at ECT, as well as your other recent placements!
Good luck at X-Battles, dude.

Obviously the Mileena representation is hype. Great to see a player have faith in her and represent well.
Ravenous is fun to watch, too. The combos are so satisfying and funny, with her little hops and stabs. It's become my main variation now, too. Piercing is sidelined, for the time being.

You plan to ever use Piercing in tournament?
Maybe for some particular match ups but I haven't decided.

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
I had to share this with the world

I get no sound from this video

Congratulations in all your recent performances, really repping the character well. I wish you all the best in X-Battles

Ninjaguy446

all I have is the Green
1min42seconds of silence?
I get no sound from this video

Congratulations in all your recent performances, really repping the character well. I wish you all the best in X-Battles

Fixed. I put the wrong link at first:confused:

Congrats! I always love watching your high level Ravenous play.