What's new

General/Other - Mileena The Mileena General Discussion Thread (All Variations)

So uh... @TakeAChance @Premonitionist I don't mean to sound like a downer here, but as cool as the Telekick stuff is, is it really worth sacrificing the few points of damage to use? Reason I ask, is currently my own wakeup game (when I'm knocked down), usually consists of
1. Attack with Roll/EN Roll (loses to block)
2. Delayed Wakeup (invincible on ground, loses to delayed setups)
3. Throw (to counter people bracing themselves for Roll)

So I'm just curious as to how much this tech helps since the opponent can still use the Throw option and Delayed wakeup options regardless of side? I'm not opposed to mixing it into my strategy every so often, but wouldn't you be better off ending combos with B21,2+4 every time instead? (Piercing only of course)

I do like the use of Standing 3 and F1 to blow up armor though, because it will beat both wakeup attacks AND wakeup throws.

Premonitionist

Call Me Premo - Mileena, D'Vorah, Cassie, Kitana.
So uh... @TakeAChance @Premonitionist I don't mean to sound like a downer here, but as cool as the Telekick stuff is, is it really worth sacrificing the few points of damage to use? Reason I ask, is currently my own wakeup game (when I'm knocked down), usually consists of

So I'm just curious as to how much this tech helps since the opponent can still use the Throw option and Delayed wakeup options regardless of side? I'm not opposed to mixing it into my strategy every so often, but wouldn't you be better off ending combos with B21,2+4 every time instead? (Piercing only of course)

I do like the use of Standing 3 and F1 to blow up armor though, because it will beat both wakeup attacks AND wakeup throws.
Yea I think I would rather have the damage too, but that set up is really cool and I might throw it out there from time to time.

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me

I would say while most people would prefer to do damage combos its one of those setups that when mixed into your strategy can be quite effective when used from time to time.

I'm actually liking standing 3 in general due to pushback on block. (Though shouldn't that move be overhead??)
Standing 4 looks like it should be amazing anti-air, but it wasn't working for me at all. And I officially declare 4,U3,1+2 the worst string ever.

Premonitionist

I'm actually liking standing 3 in general due to pushback on block. (Though shouldn't that move be overhead??)
Standing 4 looks like it should be amazing anti-air, but it wasn't working for me at all. And I officially declare 4,U3,1+2 the worst string ever.
It would be awesome if 3 hit overhead, I like using 4,U+3,1+2 to end my corner combos...love the animation.

Arkayne

Jade Mod. Poison Ivy
@TakeAChance Amazing stuff man! That B34 wake up tech is great and the Sonya matchup notes are very handy. I'm going to mess around with B34 xx telekick to see what kind of damage can be done ending combos in that way.

@Premonitionist Nice video with the F1 beating Reptile, I wondered if F1 can stuff 6 frame speicials and you proved it can :) I'm not sure whether EX Spin or Getaway Flip can be stuffed though, they might be too quick.

@Arkayne Your video showing Roll being thrown didn't work for me, can you possibly reupload again or onto YT?
Yeah, I'll definitely reupload it somewhere when I get a chance.

Also, The Mixup is definitely worth the sacrifice especially if you know they are wakeup happy. Because then you are able to cash in on double damage that will make them think twice about it. Then you can maybe hit them with your 36 frame overhead... -__-; ( Hyperbole). lol

Yoaks

A spaceman
Love that b34 tk wu reversal! Litte gimmicks like these are always great to mindfuck people.

@TakeAChance What do you think is a better aa? B3 or Roll?

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
4, U3, 1+2 is swag as hell in the corner.

Check the tail end of this video.

Also leaves you with great advantage when it's done. (the frame data is hella wrong)

Last edited:

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Love that b34 tk wu reversal! Litte gimmicks like these are always great to mindfuck people.

@TakeAChance What do you think is a better aa? B3 or Roll?
Depends. Roll is really good if they jumped from far out and you can time it, but often time I just roll underneath them. B3 has active frames for days and converts into 35%.

I'm pretty high on B3 at the moment.

TheGabStandard

So I was messing around with stuffing wake ups using F1 after @Premonitionist Reptile video. I should have recorded a video but you can also stuff Kung Lao's EX Spin in other variations. In Tempest where it's one frame faster it can be stuffed in the corner but not much luck midscreen. It might be possible and just need better timing but so far it's super hard. Was also able to stuff Cassie's Power Flip

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
Kung Lao's EX spin at midscreen hits her. I've tried every option. Best to block out against him. It's like I was stating in my post in the combo thread. The Ex/Armored wake ups vary while all of the other wake up options will succeed.

I haven't tried Ethereal, yet. I'm thinking Ethereal's fade specials would force a whiff & a guaranteed punish.

TheGabStandard

Kung Lao's EX spin at midscreen hits her. I've tried every option. Best to block out against him. It's like I was stating in my post in the combo thread. The Ex/Armored wake ups vary while all of the other wake up options will succeed.

I haven't tried Ethereal, yet. I'm thinking Ethereal's fade specials would force a whiff & a guaranteed punish.
Tempest EX Spin or EX Spin from other variations? I will see if I can record myself doing this another time (though timing is super hard). I do agree its probably best to block but if a consistent timing could be found then its a good thing to add to your arsenal

SaibotMk

Adrenaline
Her EX roll is so brutal, I feel bad when I have 3 meters saved, and am losing then come back with down poke to EX roll combos.

I am just saying, I feel like Sonya in MK9 but with insanely powerful zoning tools. Vs good players this kind of neither here nor their, but sometimes whether it is the lag in a match or just me sucking, I resort to EX roll mix ups to win. I am not use to playing a character that has this quick, powerful EX move that can obliterate someones face. What in MK9, your EX rolling maybe off a wake up in a corner (big maybe). I felt like her meter in MK9 was for being flashy (ugh I miss TKing 3 times within a combo though).

Last edited:

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
Tempest EX Spin or EX Spin from other variations? I will see if I can record myself doing this another time (though timing is super hard). I do agree its probably best to block but if a consistent timing could be found then its a good thing to add to your arsenal
I did with Buzz Saw & Tempst. Buzzsaw's Ex Spin in general beats the options on wake up. Tempest, I beat it out with only Ex Roll& Ex high & low sais.

Edit: Disregard that. Ex roll beats both Ex Spin variations.

Last edited:

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
Her EX roll is so brutal, I feel bad when I have 3 meters saved, and am losing then come back with down poke to EX roll combos.

I am just saying, I feel like Sonya in MK9 but with insanely powerful zoning tools. Vs good players this kind of neither here nor their, but sometimes whether it is the lag in a match or just me sucking, I resort to EX roll mix ups to win. I am not use to playing a character that has this quick, powerful EX move that can obliterate someones face. What in MK9, your EX rolling maybe off a wake up in a corner (big maybe). I felt like her meter in MK9 was for being flashy (ugh I miss TKing 3 times within a combo though).
I love EX Roll until I play my friend who mains Liu Kang, and then I hate it.

After his knockdowns, midscreen or corner, EX Roll is never an option. You have to delayed wakeup, or get relaunched again. Liu Kang makes me furious with his ability to constantly stuff it. Against any other opponent, it feels like a fantastic Ace in the Hole.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
So, last night I was doing some labbing against Sonya, tonight I chose Takeda.

Here are my notes: (legit, I have these written down lol)

B21: Takeda's main full screen string, at about 3/4 screen or less Takeda MUST cancel it into something safe. If he doesn't, Ex Tele for a full combo punish.

Takeda's usually cancel into the Kunai.

B21~Kunai gets blown up with EX Roll from 3/4 screen or closer, safe from max distance. (NOTE: Regular roll will not work against the kunai.)

If Takeda is smart, he will do B21~Teleport cancel which is safe from our reversal options, but he gains nothing from it as we get a free in.

Up close, Takedas fastest normal is a 11f F3 but it cannot combo (lunging kicks)

12F is his fastest comboable mid up close. (f2)

Mileena can D3 trap him with authority. He has no strings to combat it. The best he can do is trade on a frame perfect d3 of his own...Think d3 d3 d3 Ex Roll. He can jump away on a blocked D3 tho so be wary of that.

Air Tether is 100% full combo punishable anywhere that roll reaches on block.

His teleport is -17 the easiest punish is b12~roll.

NOTE: Ex Tele frame data is wrong. It is NOT 0. It is full combo punishable with B12~roll on block.

Takeda is absolutely free to Mileenas 3 after hard knockdowns. He cannot beat it. Not on option can get him out other than X-Ray. F1 is good too, but for Takedas options 3 is insanely easy to use to shut him down. Feel free to pressure/throw him all day once he respects this.

Extremely Important
Anytime Takeda does F3 (the double lunge kicks) to Mileena, his pressure ends. That's it. It's pretty much his only option in close and as soon as you block it, he has to hold a b12 or a roll. If he presses any buttons on ANYTHING, It's a full combo punish for him. He can't poke.

He can jump backwards tho. However, if you use B12 as a universal check, Jump Back~air spear will whiff and you get a free combo. B12 also covers his teleport (both versions), and makes his NJ whiff. Finally, it also punishes backdashes.

Takeda CAN cross you up and hit you with an air tether if you commit to the b12 string, however...seeing as it's his only option to really hurt you, it becomes complete NJP bait.

Basically, if Takeda does F3 to you, B12 him afterwards. There's not much he can do about it.

Last edited:

Loryuo

Noob
Mirror matches are probably some of the more intense matches i've had in this game. Too afraid to press buttons and when i do it's at the worst possible situations. Been getting away with a lot of teleport shenanigans though overall in my matches, besides one player that knew you could grab Mileena during teleport. Not 100% , but doing a block string into teleport, can probably get you a free EX ball if you think they are gonna try to hit you. Having meter will make them think you will Ex ball every time, so it gives you a chance to pressure if you want. Maybe certain combo string can be useful for this? Or it's probably worthless in the long run.

Premonitionist

So, last night I was doing some labbing against Sonya, tonight I chose Takeda.

Here are my notes: (legit, I have these written down lol)

B21: Takeda's main full screen string, at about 3/4 screen or less Takeda MUST cancel it into something safe. If he doesn't, Ex Tele for a full combo punish.

Takeda's usually cancel into the Kunai.

B21~Kunai gets blown up with EX Roll from 3/4 screen or closer, safe from max distance. (NOTE: Regular roll will not work against the kunai.)

If Takeda is smart, he will do B21~Teleport cancel which is safe from our reversal options, but he gains nothing from it as we get a free in.

Up close, Takedas fastest normal is a 11f F3 but it cannot combo (lunging kicks)

12F is his fastest comboable mid up close. (f2)

Mileena can D3 trap him with authority. He has no strings to combat it. The best he can do is trade on a frame perfect d3 of his own...Think d3 d3 d3 Ex Roll. He can jump away on a blocked D3 tho so be wary of that.

Air Tether is 100% full combo punishable anywhere that roll reaches on block.

His teleport is -17 the easiest punish is b12~roll.

NOTE: Ex Tele frame data is wrong. It is NOT 0. It is full combo punishable with B12~roll on block.

Takeda is absolutely free to Mileenas 3 after hard knockdowns. He cannot beat it. Not on option can get him out other than X-Ray. F1 is good too, but for Takedas options 3 is insanely easy to use to shut him down. Feel free to pressure/throw him all day once he respects this.

Extremely Important
Anytime Takeda does F3 (the double lunge kicks) to Mileena, his pressure ends. That's it. It's pretty much his only option in close and as soon as you block it, he has to hold a b12 or a roll. If he presses any buttons on ANYTHING, It's a full combo punish for him. He can't poke.

He can jump backwards tho. However, if you use B12 as a universal check, Jump Back~air spear will whiff and you get a free combo. B12 also covers his teleport (both versions), and makes his NJ whiff. Finally, it also punishes backdashes.

Takeda CAN cross you up and hit you with an air tether if you commit to the b12 string, however...seeing as it's his only option to really hurt you, it becomes complete NJP bait.

Basically, if Takeda does F3 to you, B12 him afterwards. There's not much he can do about it.
I love how you still write stuff down lol, great stuff with Takeda. I really like knowing that D+3 can be abused in that MU haha, I still kinda feel sorry for him, but then again I don't play him so screw that guy lol.

Also I've been messing around with some more of that F+1 to break armor and I found if you end combos with a roll then run up to them for pressure you can kind of loop the armor break. If they delay wake up they still get pressured because of how long the F+1 string is. They can tech roll to get out but if you think they're going to tech roll you can chase them and apply more pressure or bait a wake up. Here's a video demonstrating it against Sub-Zero's Icy Slide, In order of their wake up in the video it goes short delay, armored wake up, then long delay.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I love how you still write stuff down lol, great stuff with Takeda. I really like knowing that D+3 can be abused in that MU haha, I still kinda feel sorry for him, but then again I don't play him so screw that guy lol.

Also I've been messing around with some more of that F+1 to break armor and I found if you end combos with a roll then run up to them for pressure you can kind of loop the armor break. If they delay wake up they still get pressured because of how long the F+1 string is. They can tech roll to get out but if you think they're going to tech roll you can chase them and apply more pressure or bait a wake up. Here's a video demonstrating it against Sub-Zero's Icy Slide, In order of their wake up in the video it goes short delay, armored wake up, then long delay.

As I drool here for a minute, will it also catch a backdash?