What's new

General/Other - Mileena The Mileena General Discussion Thread (All Variations)

Premonitionist

Call Me Premo - Mileena, D'Vorah, Cassie, Kitana.
I find F1 pretty good at stuffing wakeups and some armoured wakeups. The fastest wakeup I was able to stuff with F1 was Sub Zero's EX Slide (timing is super hard) and Mileena's EX Roll. I haven't tried any other wakeups faster than those yet
Yea the F+1 to stuff armored wake ups is something that definitely needs to be explored more...If the F+1 stuffs an armored wake up that's a full combo, would be nice to figure out some set-ups for the timing too.

Premonitionist

My agenda: Whiff Normals for delayed wakeup setups. D4 into string timing etc.
Reversal wakeup setups
My agenda will be the same but I also want to mess around with that teleport stuff.

I'm also thinking about making a punish video for each character in the game to show what Mileena can punish on that character and how to do it. Maybe do a character a day. I'm sure it will be really time consuming for me but I'm also sure it would help a lot of people, and I'll be learning in the process. I think I'm gonna do it lol.

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
My agenda will be the same but I also want to mess around with that teleport stuff.

I'm also thinking about making a punish video for each character in the game to show what Mileena can punish on that character and how to do it. Maybe do a character a day. I'm sure it will be really time consuming for me but I'm also sure it would help a lot of people, and I'll be learning in the process. I think I'm gonna do it lol.
My friend did this with Scorpion on the day it came out. Some of it was amended due to incorrect frame data but he essentially spent time and made videos for every single character and what can Scorpion do to punish them. He said while it took quite a while to do the long term benefits is worth it.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Yea the F+1 to stuff armored wake ups is something that definitely needs to be explored more...If the F+1 stuffs an armored wake up that's a full combo, would be nice to figure out some set-ups for the timing too.
in piercing after b21 2+4 ender, b1 will stuff alot of wakeups, i need do more testing on frames to see what limit is though.
nice thing about that it if they delay wakeup they still will have to block the b4 of f12b4.

21u4 ender when not in piercing seems to be doable with adjusted timing also

My agenda: Whiff Normals for delayed wakeup setups. D4 into string timing etc.
Reversal wakeup setups
thats cool about the f134, nice find. just checked it in corner there and can you do the same thing u can do after 21u4 where u dash forward and your standing right in middle of there knocked down body. both f1 and 2 handy enough to end a combo with in corner aswell so good times

Premonitionist

My friend did this with Scorpion on the day it came out. Some of it was amended due to incorrect frame data but he essentially spent time and made videos for every single character and what can Scorpion do to punish them. He said while it took quite a while to do the long term benefits is worth it.
Yea I was going to practice all the punishes anyway but I'm still debating on recording because I don't have a computer to edit with at the moment and the Xbox One only lets you record 15 clips into 1 video. I can see that being challenging for some characters because I know some will have more than 15 punishes, I might just have to make part 1 and part 2 for some.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
in piercing after b21 2+4 ender, b1 will stuff alot of wakeups, i need do more testing on frames to see what limit is though.
nice thing about that it if they delay wakeup they still will have to block the b4 of f12b4.

21u4 ender when not in piercing seems to be doable with adjusted timing also

thats cool about the f134, nice find. just checked it in corner there and can you do the same thing u can do after 21u4 where u dash forward and your standing right in middle of there knocked down body. both f1 and 2 handy enough to end a combo with in corner aswell so good times
There are midscreen setups as well tho. Those are what I want to flesh out.

If we can control/delay to pick what side we stay on, it's going to force the opponent to turtle up which just gives us a free mixup. I'll provide more detail after my afternoon lab session :). The midscreen setups are completely safe to. Even if the opponent guesses the right side (wakeup reversal) we can block.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
There are midscreen setups as well tho. Those are what I want to flesh out.

If we can control/delay to pick what side we stay on, it's going to force the opponent to turtle up which just gives us a free mixup. I'll provide more detail after my afternoon lab session :). The midscreen setups are completely safe to. Even if the opponent guesses the right side (wakeup reversal) we can block.
oh my bad i thought you were talking corner only, ye if theres midscreen stuff even better :D

Aww I missed the Mileena boner talk ;_; I'd be her sex slave husband any day :oops:. In all seriousness tho, am I the only one who prefers her main costume (as in, her main MKX costume) over the others? Vampiress looks kinda cool and I havent seen Empress(?) but I've seen Klassic and I have the other one but dont care for them.

@Arkayne I cant see your video but reacting to a point blank roll sounds impossible. Unless this is another "MK's frames dont mean the same thing they do in other FGs," reacting to a 7f move with grab would mean you're actually visually confirming in under 6/60 of a second (assuming throws are at least 1f). I won't outright say that's humanly impossible but that's something 90% of the population probably wouldn't be able to do.

Last edited:

TheGabStandard

Aww I missed the Mileena boner talk ;_; I'd be her sex slave husband any day :oops:. In all seriousness tho, am I the only one who prefers her main costume (as in, her main MKX costume) over the others? Vampiress looks kinda cool and I havent seen Empress(?) but I've seen Klassic and I have the other one but dont care for them.
When you mean Empress I assume you mean the Khanum costume which is this one:

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I just got home and grabbed my notebook.

About to head into the lab, but any BNB into F44 teleport will cause wakeups to be reversed if properly timed. This setup is techable, but can be tacked on to pretty much any standard BNB.

A more reliable setup is Starter into Roll into B34~teleport kick The b34 is a hardknockdown, the teleport kick whiffs and causes a reverse wakeup.

Going to lab and see if I can increase the damage, because a BNB into a ambigious wakeup non techable knockdown into then a string 50/50 sounds awesome.

Sulfur

Winning feels better when you take a little damage
I love mileena, she seems to be turning into a better character every day :)

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Great night in the lab.

First of all, Mileena is very safe string wise. If you don't agree, go look at kittys lol.

So many midscreen options. F24 (safe due to pushback against 99% of the cast), B21, 21, B12 all safe.

Other than toying with some of her ambiguity, I have been trying to learn the Sonya matchup.

Some of my findings:

Sonyas B12 (overhead low) ~ MS ~ cartwheel string.

This is Sonya's main starter. We blow it up for free. Block the overhead low, and then input a regular roll. 30% punish. It forces sonya to commit to the low option of her MS cancels, which do not combo midscreen. Huge tool to take away and we don't have to spend meter.

B33~MS~Cartwheel = same as above.

This takes away her main combo potential from midscreen. It wont save us in the corner since she can follow up the low options there, however her low kick option is INSANELY unsafe. We get a free ~35% everytime she has to resort to that option.

Also, I think Mileena's B3 is terribly underrated. I like it more than her U3. Sonya has one of the best jump in punches in the game (J1). It's active for days, auto corrects, and has massive range. Shinnok has the same punch as well as a few other characters. B3 beats it clean. Even up close it trades VERY well. I think it's one of the best anti-airs in the game.

B3~telekick~sai F23~roll B12 2+3 = 35% and is VERY easy to land.

Each conversion off the b3 nets you 35%. B3 will also beat out dive kick, but the dive kick would have to be hella telegraphed. Fantastic Anti Air.

Lets see here, her short range punishes (10f or less) are 29%(ball starter 8f) and 32% (21 starter 10f) meterless which is great.

Midrange punishing (11f) (b12) nets 34% meterless.

And Ball can cover 3 quarters of the screen for insanely punishable things as well.

Universal strategies for dealing with wakeups that I found are:

D4 = if it whiffs, dial in F21B4 This takes care of pretty much any options the opponent has off a delayed wakeup.

If It's blocked, you are safe at -4 and you didn't eat armor.

If it hits, do a string of your choice.

It also lowers her hitbox tremendously.

You can also do D4 whiff 3 as well. It results in another HKD, but it's more difficult to time and doesn't give you the mixup at the end of the F21B4 string.

Great night in the lab.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
One last thing. You can save your meter for ex sai blasts to cover your telekicks.

Regular telekick into an ex sai shortly before you hit the ground is completely safe. Kung Lao's Ex Tempest spin can't punish it.

Just be wary, because if your opponent is expecting it, they will start pressing buttons to uppercut you/jab you out of the sais.

Currently, a lot of people wait for her to hit the ground to punish her, and this provides a completely safe way to cover your ass if you have to.

Last edited:

Premonitionist

One last thing. You can save your meter for ex sai blasts to cover your telekicks.

Regular telekick into an ex sai shortly before you hit the ground is completely safe. Kung Lao's Ex Tempest spin can't punish it.

Just be wary, because if your opponnent is expecting it, the will start pressing buttons to uppercut you/jab you out of the sais.

Currently, a lot of people wait for her to hit the ground to punish her, and this provides a completely safe way to cover your ass if you have to.
I like that sai blast before u hit the ground thing, and everyting else u said :)

Also that B+3,4,Tele-Kick set up is pretty awesome lol. Here's a video of me messing with it against Jason.

Apparently if you do the B+3 too early their wake ups come out correctly, so be sure to keep it low everyone :)

I also have another vid I'm about to post showing that u can use Mileena's F+1,2,B+4 string to blow through reptiles armored 6 frame slide, works on most of the cast except for kung lao's ex spin and kano's ex up ball so far.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I like that sai blast before u hit the ground thing, and everyting else u said :)

Also that B+3,4,Tele-Kick set up is pretty awesome lol. Here's a video of me messing with it against Jason.

Apparently if you do the B+3 too early their wake ups come out correctly, so be sure to keep it low everyone :)

I also have another vid I'm about to post showing that u can use Mileena's F+1,2,B+4 string to blow through reptiles armored 6 frame slide, works on most of the cast except for kung lao's ex spin and kano's ex up ball so far.
When you play against real people and they catch on to what you are doing, they will start reversing their wakeup inputs. That's when you start REALLY messing with them lol.

Low = in front Mid to high = behind on the B34 :)

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
Loving all of the HDK tech being posted!

Is there a downside to the opponent doing a delayed wakeup each time they see you end a combo with Telekick?

Also, is it impossible to stuff Kano's EX Upball with f+1,2? My main training partners use Kano and Liu Kang, and I've been able to stuff Liu's EX wakeup attacks, but not Kano's. Perhaps my execution is off, but it seems much more difficult.

Premonitionist

Loving all of the HDK tech being posted!

Is there a downside to the opponent doing a delayed wakeup each time they see you end a combo with Telekick?

Also, is it impossible to stuff Kano's EX Upball with f+1,2? My main training partners use Kano and Liu Kang, and I've been able to stuff Liu's EX wakeup attacks, but not Kano's. Perhaps my execution is off, but it seems much more difficult.
I've tried Kano's and it trades or loses a lot, Kung Lao's ex spin beats it everytime. Works on Reptile's armored 6 frame slide though, and a lot of the cast including Kung Jinn and Sub-Zero which I'm happy about lol. Here's a vid of the F+1,2,B+4 against Reptile -

Arkayne

Jade Mod. Poison Ivy
@Premonitionist I've been recording lots of punishes through the cast. I'm 4 characters in, we'll have to talk and share notes back and forth.
@TakeAChance Glad someone else is doing this, I had put this in my early combo video but mainly with Ethereal but it works in every other variation.
Also, it works very well against Sub and Erron Black. Those are the two I've tested it against the most.

*edit* If they delated wakeup on the B3,4 ~ TeleKick Mixup you can walk forward and see what they do, then get a free option to set the pace.

Sub Zero:
It Auto corrects Subs EX clone and makes it Freeze
Slide Whiffs
AntiAir Blast will be blocked on the otherside
If they do Freeze for whatever reason the freeze goes the complete opposite way.

Erron Black

Slide Will completely miss you.

Ermac:

You will land behind him to completely punish Tele Lift
If he does EX teleport if you buffer Run (when you think he's going to do this one your charcater will run the opposite direction and make the EX port go to where you last input the buffer. (This also works with certain strings, they will make him turn around and you will be able to punish with part of the string going the opposite direction.

Last edited:

TheGabStandard

@TakeAChance Amazing stuff man! That B34 wake up tech is great and the Sonya matchup notes are very handy. I'm going to mess around with B34 xx telekick to see what kind of damage can be done ending combos in that way.

@Premonitionist Nice video with the F1 beating Reptile, I wondered if F1 can stuff 6 frame speicials and you proved it can :) I'm not sure whether EX Spin or Getaway Flip can be stuffed though, they might be too quick.

@Arkayne Your video showing Roll being thrown didn't work for me, can you possibly reupload again or onto YT?

Last edited: