What's new

General/Other - Mileena The Mileena General Discussion Thread (All Variations)

The only combos that seem to be affected are b3 teleport combos after a roll. The teleport takes way longer to come out and sometimes doesn't even hit the opponent anymore. B34 combos are unaffected.

Weird nerf.
Are any other telekick combos harder? Like Jump kick into Telekick? I'm wondering if they just nerfed Telekick speed itself.

Jiendo

Noob
I'm new to Mileena what would be advised for her variation?

I've tried all 3 and I'm leaning towards piercing as the low sai is nice and the added range on a few moves is also I nice touch.

Ravenous is also good.

Ethereal I'm finding very lackluster.

What's widely considered her best variation? If I'm gonna go hard in the lab I'd like to use her highest potential

Thanks

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano

I've tried all 3 and I'm leaning towards piercing as the low sai is nice and the added range on a few moves is also I nice touch.

Ravenous is also good.

What's widely considered her best variation? If I'm gonna go hard in the lab I'd like to use her highest potential

Thanks
Piercing

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me

Ravenous is also good.

Thanks
Either Piercing or Ravenous would be good to go with. I personally think Piercing is better due to more range and speed in some strings in the neutral game. I also find it easier to apply oki on knockdown with Piercing than the other two. All this is just personal though and I'm sure others can give a good argument for Ravenous being the best. So whichever you prefer out of those two should be the one you should go for.

ExpiredCodes

The Yankees blew a 3-0 lead in the 2004 ALCS.
I haven't been able to play with the hotfix yet so could someone give me a summary of what's wrong with B3? The patch notes made it look like it was buffed so I'm confused right now.

I haven't been able to play with the hotfix yet so could someone give me a summary of what's wrong with B3? The patch notes made it look like it was buffed so I'm confused right now.
What it seems like they did was make B3's current hitbox more consistent, so the actual hitbox isn't changed it just hits where and when its suppose to. In the process (idk if it's actually a stealth nerf or not) they made it so after Mileena lands a raw roll and goes into B3 that the float state of the opponent is decreased.

So after Roll xx B3 the opponent is lower to the ground and falls faster(so basically less hitstun, more hitstun deterioration), but Tele-kick's hitstun naturally lifts the opponent higher into the air so Mileena can do an air sai for an extended combo. The problem with this is because of B3's decreased hitstun you have to IMMEDIATELY input Tele-kick, otherwise the air sai will whiff. Also I don't know if Mileena could before but with Roll xx B3 xx Tele-kick xx Air Sai xx B2,1,2+4 she can't make the B2. So if she could before she lost the extra damage from that string.

Honestly all the more reason for air sai to have less recovery and for tele-kick to be faster. She shouldn't have to trade off for a 15f AA that leads to 35% or one of her most damaging combos off roll. Maybe im just salt but I don't really like the change. I think this was their way of balancing Mileena out. Faster normals for basically decreased damage off roll.

Last edited:

Jiendo

Noob
Either Piercing or Ravenous would be good to go with. I personally think Piercing is better due to more range and speed in some strings in the neutral game. I also find it easier to apply oki on knockdown with Piercing than the other two. All this is just personal though and I'm sure others can give a good argument for Ravenous being the best. So whichever you prefer out of those two should be the one you should go for.
Thanks. As I said ive been liking piercing so I'll probably lab with that. Just wanted to check there wasn't some hidden nerf or buff that made rav really strong or piercing really crappie.

TheGabStandard

So after Roll xx B3 the opponent is lower to the ground and falls faster(so basically less hitstun, more hitstun deterioration), but Tele-kick's hitstun naturally lifts the opponent higher into the air so Mileena can do an air sai for an extended combo. The problem with this is because of B3's decreased hitstun you have to IMMEDIATELY input Tele-kick, otherwise the air sai will whiff. Also I don't know if Mileena could before but with Roll xx B3 xx Tele-kick xx Air Sai xx B2,1,2+4 she can't make the B2. So if she could before she lost the extra damage from that string.
The combo you posted wasn't possible to do midscreen before this patch, only in the corner. I haven't been able to play around with the new changes but from the sounds of it, I'm not going to like ithis change in particular.

Method

Full Combo Punishable
I was doing raw B3 xx telekick (wait) air sai consistently, but as noted, it required me to delay the air sai. Simply buffering everything results in sai wiffs dependent on where the B3 connects (practicing on a bot jumping in). Not sure if that's applicable.

Either way, I feel bad for the day 1 Mileena's that need to relearn the timing. Easier to adjust for someone barely out of his first week.

ExpiredCodes

The Yankees blew a 3-0 lead in the 2004 ALCS.
What it seems like they did was make B3's current hitbox more consistent, so the actual hitbox isn't changed it just hits where and when its suppose to. In the process (idk if it's actually a stealth nerf or not) they made it so after Mileena lands a raw roll and goes into B3 that the float state of the opponent is decreased.

Honestly all the more reason for air sai to have less recovery and for tele-kick to be faster. She shouldn't have to trade off for a 15f AA that leads to 35% or one of her most damaging combos off roll. Maybe im just salt but I don't really like the change. I think this was their way of balancing Mileena out. Faster normals for basically decreased damage off roll.
Well, looks like I have to learn the B34 run cancel bnb's.

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
I'm going to start getting involved in the YOMI gatherings. Mileena, Kitana, & Scorpion are my focus. I'm still debating whether or not if I can muster Sub-Zero & Kung Lao. It's really too many characters, honestly but I like them all. The 3 that I mentioned 1st are my strongest with Mileena probably being the undisputed best.

Does anyone use the B34 xx Air Sai xx Ball Roll starter? Is that still viable after the patch?
I'll have to get back to you on this.

armani

Noob
can you guys compile a list of kit's option selects? I think it's extremely important to her meta being that she is so easily blown up lol

Does anyone use the B34 xx Air Sai xx Ball Roll starter? Is that still viable after the patch?
B3 as a starter is fine. It's just after a raw roll is when it's more difficult to combo. So lets say you AA with B3, you can do B3 xx Tele-kick xx Air Sai xlandx xrunx run cancel F2, 3 xx Roll xx B2,1, 2+4. That combo does 35%, pretty good damage esp. for a meterless AA. As for B3, 4 xx Air Sai it still works fine into a 29-33% combo by itself. And after a raw roll it works pretty ok, you just got to space it correctly and not cancel the B3, 4 string too early into Air Sai. After I did that combo for a bit the other B3 into Tele-kick combo doesn't seem too bad. However, even though simply delaying the Air Sai does seem to alleviate the problem it sometimes leaves you too far for the B1, 2, 1+3 to connect.

Last edited:

Nu-Skoool

Feel the nerf of despair
Everyone seems to really like b123+4 and b212+4 as enders but I won't lie I really like 21u4 instead. Keeps you right in the opponents face, lots frame advantage, easy to combo into, and the damage is pretty good. For example I like to pressure with f12 the confirm into b4xx roll, b34xx sai, run cancel 21u4 for 31%. What do you all think?

TheGabStandard

Everyone seems to really like b123+4 and b212+4 as enders but I won't lie I really like 21u4 instead. Keeps you right in the opponents face, lots frame advantage, easy to combo into, and the damage is pretty good. For example I like to pressure with f12 the confirm into b4xx roll, b34xx sai, run cancel 21u4 for 31%. What do you all think?
If I know my opponent has fast armoured wake ups (any below 15f) then I use 21U4 as an ender equally as much as the B12 or B21 enders. As you said using that ender you have enough advantage to do F1 to stuff the wakeup. If the wakeups are super easy to stuff (eg Quan Chi) then I always go for max damage with B21 enders.

Last edited:

Nu-Skoool

Feel the nerf of despair
I was going to mention that part about slower wakeups. I'll have to come up with a list of characters where b212+4, f1 works.

I'm curious though, you listed Subs slide as 15, I thought it was 9?

TheGabStandard

I was going to mention that part about slower wakeups. I'll have to come up with a list of characters where b212+4, f1 works.

I'm curious though, you listed Subs slide as 15, I thought it was 9?
I'm planning to do that as well at some point, maybe after Evo when I have more time.

Lol I guess that part wasn't clear, when I said sub 15f I meant any wake-up that has startup frames which is below 15, will edit that now :)

Flow

Bound by the Blood Kode
I love how suggestive the intro dialogues between Mileena and Tanya are. :oops:

1) "Ready to work off a sweat?" --- "However shall we do that?" --- "Here's one way..."
2) "Mileena Khanum." --- "I love when you use my title." --- "Enough formalities."
3) "You freed me from prison..." --- "...and will help regain your throne." --- "It would be a shame to lose you."
4) "Dearest Tanya." --- "Shall we proceed, empress?" --- "It will be my pleasure."

Has anyone figured out a use for B3,4,34? or whatever that string is? (The one where she comes down with an overhead cartwheel)