What's new

General/Other - Mileena The Mileena General Discussion Thread (All Variations)

Buffs/fixes:
- Fix X-ray issues
- Fix exTele issues
- Fix d1 issues
- Make her f3 faster (26 frames instead of 33 frames.)
- Make her tele (at least) +1 on hit
- Make her low Sai +11 on hit (same as her regular sai)
- Make her pokes a bit faster (Takeda says Hi...)
This. Times a thousand.

Kung lao variation specific low hat.... mileena variation specific low sai.... how is the advantage on hit even close to cconsistent?

I feel like that -8 has to be an unintentional oversight.

Premonitionist

Call Me Premo - Mileena, D'Vorah, Cassie, Kitana.
Buffs/fixes:
- Fix X-ray issues
- Fix exTele issues
- Fix d1 issues
Lol Takeda says Hi. I wouldn't argue with buffs to my main but I don't necessarily think she needs anything, I think she's fine the way she is. However I would like to see fixes with the EX Tele and D+1, I guess those could be considered buffs.

Loryuo

Noob
Yeah i just experienced the problems with EX Tele for the first time against someone today, and it didn't happen just once either. happened 4 times in a row. It was pretty ridiculous.

Arkayne

Jade Mod. Poison Ivy
what are you talking about, you can special cancel d4 :confused:

\
Do D+4 - Roll or D+4 anything and see what happens. Set the AI to autoblock and go see what I'm talking about.
It's fucking +21 on hit but when cancelled into anything NOTHING will combo, the AI will block EVERYTHING even when D+4 hits.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Do D+4 - Roll or D+4 anything and see what happens. Set the AI to autoblock and go see what I'm talking about.
It's fucking +21 on hit but when cancelled into anything NOTHING will combo, the AI will block EVERYTHING even when D+4 hits.
d4~anything doesnt combo for anyone, that not how frame data works in MK games.
+21 on hit means you have 21 frames of advantage, not 21 frames to combo into something.
combo cancel and special cancel are two different things.

+21 on hit means you have 21 frames of advantage, not 21 frames to combo into something.
I gotta admit, the way MK essentially changes the core definition/mechanics is a bit confusing while learning the game. I think a week or so ago I was trying to figure out why she couldn't link something when the move I was trying to link was faster than her frame advantage. The biggest mindfuck was playing against Takeda, he did a jip into a string and the jump punch hit, the next attack or two missed and then the third or fourth attack still hit. The only reason I can imagine that worked is bc MK games makes it so that if you input a jip into a string the way you're supposed to to make it combo, it locks the opponent. That would explain why jump-in punches seem to stun the opponent really long but don't combo afterwards unless you string together the combo you're trying to do immediately afterwards.

Not calling it bad game design just that it's a bit weird and confusing when coming from or going to other games.

Arkayne

Jade Mod. Poison Ivy

I've been playing MK games since MK2, I know how MK works man. The way has things worded and organized doesn't make even the least bit of sense in some of these situations. (If that's going to be your defense on Frame Advantage) So back to my originally point. If something is going to be special cancellable make it ACTUALLY specially cancellable. So by this logic thats like saying Ryu's Cr.Mk is special cancellable but the special doesn't connect? That's completely illogical and ass backwards. Now, there is no purpose or reason to punish anything with D+4(AKA one of if not her BEST normal.) because what's the point of even using the normal. I'm not sure how long you've been playing competitive fighters but something like this is either A.) A Bug or B.) flawed game design or C.) Ignoring something so important.

If something is special cancellable and has the frames on hit it doesn't matter, things in MK9 worked like they were supposed to SOMETIMES but if something was +21 and special cancellable the special wold connect. Also, in Injustice so why not in this game?

Just furthers to show Mileena is pretty bad, and I feel like they kind of made sure to do it. I went through other characters who have similar frame moves and their specials connect. So don't try to give me that. You're making an excuse for a CLEARLY ignored problem.

Combo Cancel aren't really two different in your logic of trying to explain this maybe, but in The Fighting Game world it's essentially the same thing. Because Special Cancellable would mean the Normal to Special Combos into a sequence of hits to do progressive damage.

Last edited:

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
I've been playing MK games since MK2, I know how MK works man. The way has things worded and organized doesn't make even the least bit of sense in some of these situations. (If that's going to be your defense on Frame Advantage) So back to my originally point. If something is going to be special cancellable make it ACTUALLY specially cancellable. So by this logic thats like saying Ryu's Cr.Mk is special cancellable but the special doesn't connect? That's completely illogical and ass backwards. Now, there is no purpose or reason to punish anything with D+4(AKA one of if not her BEST normal.) because what's the point of even using the normal.
MKX isnt SF or any other fighting game, your point is mute.
ill explained how things work in MK to you and you want to argue about thats it a bug and try talk down to me instead of saying thanks??

If something is special cancellable and has the frames on hit it doesn't matter, things in MK9 worked like they were supposed to SOMETIMES but if something was +21 and special cancellable the special wold connect. Also, in Injustice so why not in this game?
d4 into any special didnt work in mk9 either so i dunno what your waffling on about.
injustice isnt in the MK series so again a mute point.

Just furthers to show Mileena is pretty bad, and I feel like they kind of made sure to do it. I went through other characters who have similar frame moves and their specials connect. So don't try to give me that. You're making an excuse for a CLEARLY ignored problem.
again pure waffle, no d4~special combo's for anyone in the cast. so go back to the lab before you say im popping out excuses

Combo Cancel aren't really two different in your logic of trying to explain this maybe, but in The Fighting Game world it's essentially the same thing. Because Special Cancellable would mean the Normal to Special Combos into a sequence of hits to do progressive damage.
ill be clear then, combo cancelable is when you cancel a normal into a special move and it combos.
special cancelable is a normal that can be cancelled with a special but does not combo.

I'm not sure how long you've been playing competitive fighters but something like this is either A.) A Bug or B.) flawed game design or C.) Ignoring something so important.
trying to talk down to me (especially with nonsense your talking) will get you no where by the way, will only make you look a bigger fool. (examples above ^)

Buffs/fixes:
- Fix X-ray issues
- Fix exTele issues
- Fix d1 issues
Lol Takeda says Hi. I wouldn't argue with buffs to my main but I don't necessarily think she needs anything, I think she's fine the way she is. However I would like to see fixes with the EX Tele and D+1, I guess those could be considered buffs.
I still say regular Telekick should be HEAVY advantage. +7 at least. It's unsafe on block, no armor, throwable on startup, and makes you play defensive when you hit it? That's just... dumb.

Having said that, I do agree that Piercing at least seems the most complete as it is, but here's the things I'd like to see fixed/buffed.
- Have her be able to combo off of raw air sai. (As it is now, it's a pretty useless tool unless she's in mid combo).
- Have her "meterless" low sai attacks be neutral or slight adv. on hit. (EN version is already plus)
- Maybe make F3 + on block?

Fixes
- Telekick hit adv. (stated above)
- Fix D1 whiffing issue (I'm pretty sure this will be addressed)
- Fix X-ray whiffing issue (Not sure what causes it exactly, but this should be addressed also if possible)

Honestly I'm more for making logical changes, than just straight buffing any character to top tier. Ethereal, for example, appears to have zero reason to use EN Fade, as it seems no different than regular Fade.

Ninjaguy446

all I have is the Green
It'd be pretty cool if they made EX fade stun the opponent. Like if the sai hits the opponent when Mileena throws it, then they'll be stunned and Mileena can jump in for a combo.

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
What do you mean by cancel it? It's not an attack, so what would change?
I'm assuming this as an example. if you did Fade Towards currently you are committed to the teleport wherever the sai lands. What I think he means by cancelling it doing Fade Towards and choosing to go with the teleport or staying in place

Yea like theGabStandard said. Once you throw the sai you are committed to land there. I was thinking something like doing F344 xx fade away (to make it safe) and cancel it if the low 4 hits so you can stay on the opponent. Anyway it would open up some options. Maybe just give it to ex fade if it somehow turns out to be too good.

Yea like theGabStandard said. Once you throw the sai you are committed to land there. I was thinking something like doing F344 xx fade away (to make it safe) and cancel it if the low 4 hits so you can stay on the opponent. Anyway it would open up some options. Maybe just give it to ex fade if it somehow turns out to be too good.
fade not worth giving up the low sai for sadly
and the damage reduction

ill be clear then, combo cancelable is when you cancel a normal into a special move and it combos.
special cancelable is a normal that can be cancelled with a special but does not combo.
Not trying to start anything but randomly selected Scorp and EB and it appears they have D4's that have good adv. on hit and are also special cancelable but don't combo so I'm assuming this is a universal thing. Which begs the question, why is D4 special cancellable in the first place? Im legitimately asking bc IDK if NRS or a good player has ever addressed it or if this is even something that's always been in MK games. Even as a tool to make your opponent respect a mixup afterwards it falls short (so far at least) bc Scorp and EB don't have specials that can mix you up (they both only have low or mid/high specials) and while Mileena does, EX Ball is unsafe and Low Sai is always unsafe unless meter burned which I think is only safe on hit.
What do you mean by cancel it? It's not an attack, so what would change?
I think he means like a feint where she throws the dagger but then reappears in place. Not sure how good that would be unless the feint is super fast in which case I could her using it to bait something with a good amount of recovery and punish. But a question that's been on my mind; what exactly does teleporting for a mixup in this game accomplish? This variation seems like it would be a great style in FGs with crossups but it seems out of place here. As if they ported the style from a different game and forgot this had a block button.

I think he means like a feint where she throws the dagger but then reappears in place. Not sure how good that would be unless the feint is super fast in which case I could her using it to bait something with a good amount of recovery and punish. But a question that's been on my mind; what exactly does teleporting for a mixup in this game accomplish? This variation seems like it would be a great style in FGs with crossups but it seems out of place here. As if they ported the style from a different game and forgot this had a block button.
Ah I see.

As for teleporting for a "mixup", I don't think it was meant for crossing up as much as freezing up. It also flips the other guy's inputs, which I imagine would be more useful on knockdowns to screw up wakeup attacks. (You could do this with telekick and roll in MK9.)

Game Scavenger

Rage is true power!
For any who is wondering how to unlock Mileena Empress costume you just have to complete the endless tower objective which is win 15 matches in the tower and just lose the next match and you will receive it I have tested and confirmed it. I saw you staring.

Last edited: