What's new

The Metal Thread

Spinky

Neutral Skipper

(Pretty sure most of you will have already heard this one, but it's a fucking classic)

Dark_Rob

Noob
Haven't been on this big a death metal kick in a while, so some more intense shit.

I LOVED Entombeds early stuff. Left Hand Path and Clandestine were amazing. They kind of went a little weird for me after that but those two albums are classics!

I LOVED Entombeds early stuff. Left Hand Path and Clandestine were amazing. They kind of went a little weird for me after that but those two albums are classics!

Yeah, LHP is the kind of classic, dirty shit you just don't get much of any more. It's kinda depressing every time I get one of their later songs on Pandora and I just have to sigh at what could have been.

Dark_Rob

Noob
Yeah, LHP is the kind of classic, dirty shit you just don't get much of any more. It's kinda depressing every time I get one of their later songs on Pandora and I just have to sigh at what could have been.
Yea, years later I tried giving one of theyre newer albums a listen(Morning star or something like that) but it just wasn't the same. It was still in that Hollow man style which I hated. Left hand path just had this amazing disgusting detuned sound that Id never heard in my life. That was back in like 1990 before korn or slipknot or any of those nu metal bands were going that low. I wonder how many secret Entombed fans were inspired to detune by left hand path. I know I was.

yeah the combo of entombeds signature distortion pedal/settings (influenced all early swedish bands/bloodbath/etc) was really a revolution, left hand path is up there with the best of that kind of music

has anyone heard gorguts new album? obscura/wisdomtohate were really big for me back in high school and they just came out with a new album. everyone should listen to them
I know rev0lver does, since he wears a gorguts t-shirt like every day, lol