What's new

The Metal Thread

Kzaoo

Noob
Anybody heard that Mastodon, Dillinger Escape Plan, Mars Volta and Soulfly super group?

3 of those bands are in my top 10 favourites of all time.

Line up:

Greg Puciato - Vocals/Guitar (The Dillinger Escape Plan)
Max Cavalera - Vocals/Guitar (Soulfly)
Troy Sanders - Vocals/Bass (Mastodon)
Dave Elitch - Drums (Ex-The Mars Volta)

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Anybody heard that Mastodon, Dillinger Escape Plan, Mars Volta and Soulfly super group?

3 of those bands are in my top 10 favourites of all time.

Line up:

Greg Puciato - Vocals/Guitar (The Dillinger Escape Plan)
Max Cavalera - Vocals/Guitar (Soulfly)
Troy Sanders - Vocals/Bass (Mastodon)
Dave Elitch - Drums (Ex-The Mars Volta)
Ill admit I expected a lot more out of that lineup, but it isn't bad.

Anyone else a The Contortionist fan? I loved their first two albums and are psyched for their third:

Could anyone recommend me any progressive metal bands? It's my favorite subgenre and I am always on the lookout for new stuff.

Kzaoo

Noob

Anyone else a The Contortionist fan? I loved their first two albums and are psyched for their third:

snip

Could anyone recommend me any progressive metal bands? It's my favorite subgenre and I am always on the lookout for new stuff.
There aren't many I could recommend outside of the really obvious (Like AAL and BTABAM)
But maybe Intervals? They're pretty well known, I know but whatever

Also, Corelia, who you've probably heard of

Zoidberg747

There aren't many I could recommend outside of the really obvious (Like AAL and BTABAM)
But maybe Intervals? They're pretty well known, I know but whatever

Also, Corelia, who you've probably heard of
I love intervals, never heard of Corelia. Ill check it out.

Edit: Corelia is pretty tight, good suggestion.

Error

DF2+R2
@Zoidberg747 Prog metal isn't exactly my forte, but these guys have caught my ear as of late.

They seem more tech death to me. Still dig them though.
Obscura could be called progressive death metal, since prog is sometimes used interchangeably with tech.
A more traditional prog/power metal band that I dig is Anubis Gate, great instrumentals and the vocalist isn't annoying(Dream Theater).

Yoaks

A spaceman

You and I should get married.

Error

DF2+R2
This video is so bad, and the production takes away from the heaviness, slam is probably the one genre that has to be heard live.

Ninequads93

Beware your Fears
[/quote] Could anyone recommend me any progressive metal bands? It's my favorite subgenre and I am always on the lookout for new stuff.[/quote]

CIRCLE OF CONTEMPT - FILTH (pre-production):

This song is pure filth definately one of my fav bands might take a few listens to get all the awesomeness that is going on

Zoidberg747

I wish I could post what I've been listening to recently but its mostly Jazz : p

I will say Ive been revisiting Revocation and have to say this is my all time favorite of them:

Also saw both these bands live last night(both killlllleeed it):