What's new

The make-or-break of MKX for me is still unanswered

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Quality of online play. Will it be Killer Instinct quality or MK9? It's unfortunate but I gotta say that if MKX doesn't have KI's quality of online play then I can't justify buying it.

Have there been any substantial, definitive releases of info from NRS regarding online play? I know they've said they care and whatnot about the competitive scene, but caring doesn't really mean anything. I'm sure they cared a lot about MK9 too and we all know how horrible the online was.

BS3OOO

Noob
I know people were paranoid after the region lock information. They feel like NRS is saying that don't have any faith that they're online will be any good.

But I wish I had that type of discipline lol. I MUST HAVE THIS GAME

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Im 100% sure you'll buy it whatever the case may be. :16Bit
Nah, I'm serious. I have Killer Instinct which is essentially the perfect fighting game (read: mind games being valued way higher than technical execution) with incredible online play.

Edit: To get ahead of derailers, KI also looks awesome and has a fluid, fast-paced feel. There's more to it than just valuing mind games over execution, but that's an extremely important variable.

xX_Atrocitus_Xx

Blood & Rage
Honestly injustice online was riddled with online issues and mkx will be no differnt. If it was they would be bragging about it and they are not. So expect the worse and hope you will be presently surprised.... I really doubt online issues will make anyone stray from mkx.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
The ability to play online effectively grows the competitive community much faster than requiring local play so if they say they care about the competitive community...
I was half joking. Anyway, there really isn't a excuse for having a horrible online experience at this point regardless. The fighting games that are receiving high praise for their netcode right now are the ones incorporating rollback. I don't understand why NRS avoids that or even talking about the net play.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
To answer your question, no, there hasn't been any information (to my knowledge) on online play or netcode. I along with others have asked via twitter and TYM, and we've yet to get anything concrete. Which to me is incredibly worrying that they haven't even commented on it, especially considering how much they talked about it with Injustice.

As of right now, I'm not expecting a good netcode. I'm not being pessimistic, I'm just basing my assumptions on the lack of information.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
To answer your question, no, there hasn't been any information (to my knowledge) on online play or netcode. I along with others have asked via twitter and TYM, and we've yet to get anything concrete. Which to me is incredibly worrying that they haven't even commented on it, especially considering how much they talked about it with Injustice.

As of right now, I'm not expecting a good netcode. I'm not being pessimistic, I'm just basing my assumptions on the lack of information.
At least you live in a area that has like 5 weeklies or some shit lol.

xX_Atrocitus_Xx

Blood & Rage

Exactly. If they created some seamless netcode they would be bragging about it and at least talk about it a few times but...they haven't X_X

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
For the Current Gen, I'm pretty sure you have nothing to worry about. Playing Injustice on PS4 netcode compared to PS3 netcode was way better.

But the only way we all will really know is when we have the game and play online to be sure. But I don't think the netcode is going to be as bad as Mk9

Montanx

Thats why they call this thing bloodsport, kid.
Its a big worry/concern for everyone but it will not swing the buying decision of anyone. At most It will just make that purchase less exciting. If your on this forum, your going to buy the game. If your on the fence about buying the game, you prob dont even know that this forum exists.

trufenix

bye felicia
What could they possibly say that could answer this question? No one has planned it on anything other than a QA connection.

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
How do you respond to the OP? Most people interested in MKX and online play are wondering how it will be...sooo....now what?

The answer for that question won't be available until the game comes out, and maybe not even fully settled until after a few patches in the weeks after the game's release. If you don't want to commit to buying the game pre-release because you are concerned with online play, that is fine. If you don't want to buy the game after release due to online play not being up to par that is fine to, but what is the point of discussing / speculating about something you literally know nothing about (talking about the quality of the online) which will ONLY ultimately lead to some being upset after working themselves in to a frenzy either on one side of the issue or the other?

I hope the quality of the Online play is good in MKX. IMO, in my speculation, it will be probably better than Injustice, but not nearly as good a Killer Instinct. I'm setting my expectations relatively low in the hopes that I will be pleasantly surprised. I would suggest you do the same.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Honestly injustice online was riddled with online issues and mkx will be no differnt. If it was they would be bragging about it and they are not. So expect the worse and hope you will be presently surprised.... I really doubt online issues will make anyone stray from mkx.
Ps4 igau online is fine. If we get that at the least ill be fine.