What's new

The "Let's Be Serious Here" Podcast Episode 6, featuring DarthArma and Playing To Win

What do you think about the latest "hotfix"?

• Total voters

coolwhip

Noob
@CrimsonShadow listen to my segment and get back to me too
@coolwhip
Love the idea. But this requires serious planning/capital/dedication/etc... I do think it needs to start on a smaller scale and take it from there. Would love to hear something more detailed as you start figuring things out with input from others. I really hope it doesn't end up being one of those cool ideas in theory that never materialize, though I understand the complications that might arise. However, it would be fitting to see all the passion and dedication in this community channeled into making something like this happen.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Also, to clear up the banning situation once and for all:

He was not banned for what he said he was. He private messaged a female mod and told her she was "trying to prove how big her wang was". Then private messaged the owner of the site and told him he was a "f****ing idiot" over something that he was not involved in. When he didn't get his way, he changed his name to "Whoareyou" and started trolling and flame baiting all over the forums.

He shows constant disrespect to people in all community roles -- including the developers of the game, who are cool enough to interact with the community.

I don't care who you are, if I showed up to any internet community and started acting that way, I'd get a fast boot out the door.

So yes; here on TYM we take out the trash. If you want to play in the dumpster, don't complain when you end up in the landfill.

Last edited:

He was not banned for what he said he was. He private messaged a female mod and told her she was "trying to prove her big her wang was". Then private messaged the owner of the site and told him he was a "f****ing idiot" over something that he was not involved in. When he didn't get his way, he changed his name to "Whoareyou" and started trolling and flame baiting all over the forums.

He shows constant disrespect to people in all community roles -- including the developers of the game, who are cool enough to interact with the community.

I don't care who you are, if I showed up to any internet community and started acting that way, I'd get a fast boot out the door.

So yes; here on TYM we take out the trash. If you want to play in the dumpster, don't complain when you end up in the landfill.
DDDDdDDddddddDDDD DAMMMMMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN lol.

coolwhip

Noob

He was not banned for what he said he was. He private messaged a female mod and told her she was "trying to prove her big her wang was". Then private messaged the owner of the site and told him he was a "f****ing idiot" over something that he was not involved in. When he didn't get his way, he changed his name to "Whoareyou" and started trolling and flame baiting all over the forums.

No one is safe from the P2W hatemail.

GRieVeR_SKeiTH

bad player
..16 Bit, I think we really need to crown him as our best promo guy. That was pure emotion. Gotta respect the passion. ...
@K7L33THA I propose KTP have a hypest promo cut throughout the year, separate from Biggest Popoff for the awards show and nominate @GGA 16 Bit. Absolutely Mick Foley-ian level.
(contender for Bit's second place most impassioned promo: http://www.twitch.tv/thewoolayshow/b/321928455)

Will be working on my "Whatiya have to say to that Arma?" for FR

Glass Sword

Nobody
Yes! @Perfect Legend put words in my mouth! Go find the quote where I said Brads the best, I train with him, etc.

@DarthArma I love you. But the batman mu is not in his favor. Sure he has bats and it let's him get in in certain situations but it's not a complete get in for free card. This match up feels 5-5 as fuck in practice and on paper. @FOREVER KING agrees! Blocked soul crush let's you get in for free because you can release a bat & if I push a button I die but otherwise I can keep zoning you pretty well even with the threat of bats and if you do get in, I have meter to pushblock you back out. And if Batman gets opened up it's over. Knockdown 50/50s that take 40%+ everytime. I feel like I could argue the mu is in Raven's favor too! Raven is so fucking awesome.
I agree with the Batman matchup.

coolwhip

Noob

Icy Black Deep

Still training...
Cross-posting:
Pig & MLG discussion starts ~210 minutes in.

"He said 'Do they have personalities?' and I said, 'Yeah' and he said, 'Are they competitive and fired up?', and I said yes. And he said 'Is there a storyline that you can tell? Do some of them win or lose? Is there a Yankees and a Red Socks?' and I said, 'Absolutely' and he said, 'I don't really care about video games--that's what I care about.' And that's what makes it a spectator sport."

Quote:
M2Dave: (KTP) is mad because we get more ratings, we get more traffic, we get more views.
P2W: But dude they have a T-shirt, they're legit.

Oh please, this podcast wishes it was cool enough to have a shirt design by me. :p

@AK Pig Of The Hut I'm *desperate* for the kind of show you're describing to exist. It sounds like this is an idea thats only just gestating in your mind right now, but you mentioned the need for 3D stuff. Just wanted to say that if it ever gets that far I'd love to help out.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
I believe P2W is a psychopath. His disgusting behavior succeeds that of your regular store-bought asshole, he is something else. When a lot of people see or hear the word 'psychopath' they think it means an insane person, but it means that said person has a personality disorder for those who don't know, and I think he shows all the signs.

In my opinion, it is a pretty bad idea to allow him to have a voice in this community in the way he has at the minute. I'm fairly certain that if the community could vote to kick him out then they would.

I believe P2W is a psychopath. His disgusting behavior succeeds that of your regular store-bought asshole, he is something else. When a lot of people see or hear the word 'psychopath' they think it means an insane person, but it means that said person has a personality disorder for those who don't know, and I think he shows all the signs.

In my opinion, it is a pretty bad idea to allow him to have a voice in this community in the way he has at the minute. I'm fairly certain that if the community could vote to kick him out then they would.
Oh please, he's not a psychopath. He's a high functioning Sociopath. Do your research.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Quote:
M2Dave: (KTP) is mad because we get more ratings, we get more traffic, we get more views.
P2W: But dude they have a T-shirt, they're legit.

Oh please, this podcast wishes it was cool enough to have a shirt design by me. :p

@AK Pig Of The Hut I'm *desperate* for the kind of show you're describing to exist. It sounds like this is an idea thats only just gestating in your mind right now, but you mentioned the need for 3D stuff. Just wanted to say that if it ever gets that far I'd love to help out.
And that's largely because of PL, Brady, and pretty much everyone other than P2W and Dave. Let's be serious here.

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
For the record KTP gets hella more views than this and every other podcast on TYM. The numbers are there for anyone to see. When you think of NRS podcast you think of KTP. Nothing will ever change this. Our legacy is already cemented and has been for over 2 years. Accept no substitutes. :cool:

PS: I don't think these people know what a podcast is. Live chat shows are way different from something designed to put on a mp3 player etc.

Last edited:

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
For the record KTP gets hella more views than this and every other podcast on TYM. The numbers are there for anyone to see. When you think of NRS podcast you think of KTP. Nothing will ever change this. Our legacy is already cemented and has been for over 2 years. Accept no substitutes. :cool:

PS: I don't these people know what a podcast is. Live chat shows are way different from something designed to put on a mp3 player etc.
I cannot like this any harder without breaking keys on my laptop.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Cross-posting:

"He said 'Do they have personalities?' and I said, 'Yeah' and he said, 'Are they competitive and fired up?', and I said yes. And he said 'Is there a storyline that you can tell? Do some of them win or lose? Is there a Yankees and a Red Socks?' and I said, 'Absolutely' and he said, 'I don't really care about video games--that's what I care about.' And that's what makes it a spectator sport."
@STORMS
@CrimsonShadow

This video is a very important front page material post

He basically said everything I said. Good to know MLG gets it

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Cross-posting:

@Walkinwithjesus did u see this video??

M2Dave

Zoning Master
More views? Fool, your views are done by 30% ever since LBSH began.

I cannot like this any harder without breaking keys on my laptop.
What are you butt hurt about? Was it because you uploaded an MP3 of the podcast on your account and Perfect Legend said something? I told you that it was no big deal.

OG Mannimal

OG "OG Mannimal" Mannimal
KTP is where you go to hear about Injustice for 30 minutes, and then shenanigans the next hour and a half.

LBSH Podcast is where you go to listen to Injustice talks for 95% of it then 5% something related to Injustice.

They are both good podcasts and I will continue to listen to both for as long as Injustice is played.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual

What are you butt hurt about? Was it because you uploaded an MP3 of the podcast on your account and Perfect Legend said something? I told you that it was no big deal.
Nah man I'm not that petty. I'm responding to the comment shitting on KTP. Albeit I haven't gotten far enough in the podcast to hear the context so I don't how playful it is.

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies

Interesting because your shows views have dropped by 50 percent in just 6 episodes by YT views. Granted u usually have 150 ppl during the live show. I like listening to other podcasts and am happy to have inspired them. But don't go around making claims that you are beating KTP in ratings with zero facts to back it up. Especially since all the numbers are public.

KTP does very well in viewership sir.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Interesting because your shows views have dropped by 50 percent in just 6 episodes by YT views. Granted u usually have 150 ppl during the live show. I like listening to other podcasts and am happy to have inspired them. But don't go around making claims that you are beating KTP in ratings with zero facts to back it up. Especially since all the numbers are public.

KTP does very well in viewership sir.
Perfect Legend has not been uploading the LBSH podcast to YouTube regularly because most community members prefer to listen to an MP3.

The LBSH podcast gets its name from an expression popularized by 16 Bit. The "inspiration" ends there. If it were up to me, the podcast would be called the Phantom Zone Broadcast.

Our podcast format is very different from KTP's. Perfect Legend does not want the guests to talk about anything but Injustice.