What's new

The Kombat Tether Updates from EGX in London including character dialogue

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
Hmm, that is a viable theory his eyes do glow(which we've never seen with Sub-Zero before outside of concept art), perhaps Sub-Zero is filled with the souls of Bi-Han and Kuai-Liang among others?

Or as you said perhaps he could be apart of Ermac some how in an alternate form. Can't wait to play storymode!
Maybe subby is the merged souls of bi han and kuai-liang? Just a guess
Against scorpion doesn't he say I tire of defending our innocence?

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
He does yet at the same time if he refers to himself as "Our" why would he say "their power"?
Good point. He might mean an enemy. I'm still thinking noob gets fixed by the soulnado and somehow got kuais soul from quan chi. Maybe in exchange for his alliance. Subby might be neutral like scorpion in this game though.

LinKueiLegend

The true Grandmaster
Good point. He might mean an enemy. I'm still thinking noob gets fixed by the soulnado and somehow got kuais soul from quan chi. Maybe in exchange for his alliance. Subby might be neutral like scorpion in this game though.
Very true. This Sub-Zero gives off a less friendly vibe than Kuai Liang

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
Very true. This Sub-Zero gives off a less friendly vibe than Kuai Liang
For real. When I saw his x-Ray i was like man I know sub-zero has a spine fetish but stabbing someone in the eye with it is like way messed up, but his clan did go to crap, so I don't blame him for being angry lol. IMO X-Rays are a good display of a characters personality. And if this is Bi Han, raiden allowed his brother to die so I don't expect him to trust raiden as their "protector".

Atriox

Here... I am a god!
All of that speculation aside, that Raiden/Subby dialogue is kinda weird.. why would they fight after that? There's no hate or aggression in that dialogue. Doesn't fit in my opinion.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Is Scorpion a little bit one dimensional? The story is set 25 years later, some serious shit has gone down and everything has moved on, yet Scorpion's still harping on about his families honor as if anyone gives a shit anymore...

trufenix

bye felicia
All of that speculation aside, that Raiden/Subby dialogue is kinda weird.. why would they fight after that? There's no hate or aggression in that dialogue. Doesn't fit in my opinion.
If Sub Zero is allied with "their" or even acting as a double for Raiden, it would make sense in a sorry to have to do this sort of way. 25 years later, their could literally be anyone.

Is Scorpion a little bit one dimensional? The story is set 25 years later, some serious shit has gone down and everything has moved on, yet Scorpion's still harping on about his families honor as if anyone gives a shit anymore...
Well he's only a zombie because he wants revenge. If he actually did let it go, theoretically his soul would be at peace and he'd permanently move on. He knows that he must not let that happen. Ed Boon would be traumatized, for one.

trufenix

bye felicia
Well he's only a zombie because he wants revenge. If he actually did let it go, theoretically his soul would be at peace and he'd permanently move on. He knows that he must not let that happen. Ed Boon would be traumatized, for one.
To be fair, we don't actually know what Scorpion's plot is in this game. The fact that he hates Sub-Zero / wants his family back is never going to go away, but he could be in the game to accomplish something else.

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
I'm confused.. how can I hear the tone of their voices in a text? :p Or are you just trolling again? lol
Oh my bad I thought you watched it because you said there was no hate or aggression in the dialogue. I think sub-zero is working with the bad guys, but is forced to fight raiden but doesn't want to and is warning him. I'm going to feel like a night wing if everything I'm saying is false.

Atriox

Here... I am a god!
Oh my bad I thought you watched it because you said there was no hate or aggression in the dialogue. I think sub-zero is working with the bad guys, but is forced to fight raiden but doesn't want to and is warning him. I'm going to feel like a night wing if everything I'm saying is false.
Haha I hear ya, that would make sense. I guess we'll have to wait to find out.

Atriox

Here... I am a god!
If Sub Zero is allied with "their" or even acting as a double for Raiden, it would make sense in a sorry to have to do this sort of way. 25 years later, their could literally be anyone.
Yeah true, it's just that this dialogue doesn't make it look like they have any kind of rivalry going on, or even that they're down on each other/don't like each other. That's why I meant fighting after said dialogue feels weird to me. But we'll see.