What's new

The King Of Fighters XIV

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Terry and some Dinosaur mask wearing wrestler (sounds like Tizoc) revealed

Is it me or does the game look more fun than SFV?
It looks great! The new stages and special effects (hit sparks, lightning, ice, fire, etc.) look really good. The cinematic camera angles during supers are also a welcome addition.

Finally get see more of Billy and King after so many trailers giving us a small clip of them. Terry, Tizoc and Clark look great. Also loved Benimaru's Thank you. We had a little bit of that kof personality in XII/XIII with a few moves but for the most part animations like that were not to the extent of their past games. Glad to see them back to fully showing their characters personalities.
Why is The Griffin a dinosaur now? :confused:
Looks like he is going heel this time around.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.

Also, Robert looks pretty good with his new mustache.

The character leak holds true so far:
  • China Team: 恶魇青年 (?), 糖葫芦 (Tung Fu Rue), 枕头少年 (?)
  • Japan Team: 草蕹京 (Kyo Kusanagi), 二阶堂红丸 (Benimaru Nikaido), 大门五郎 (Goro Daimon)
  • Fatal Fury Team: Terry Bogard, Andy Bogard, 东丈 (Joe Higashi)
  • Art of Fighting Team: 坂崎良 (Ryo Sakazaki), Robert Garcia, 坂崎百合 (Yuri Sakazaki)
  • K’ Team: K’, Maxima, Kula Diamond
  • Kim Team: 金家藩 (Kim Kaphwan), 他师父 (Kim’s Master), 他师母 (Kim’s Wife)
  • Criminal Team: 犯人陈 (Prisoner Chang Koehan), 犯人蔡 (Prisoner Choi Bounge), 新人囚犯 (Newcomer Prisoner)
  • Women Fighters Team: 不知火舞 (Mai Shiranui), King, Alice
  • Ikari Team: Ralf Jones, Clark Still, Leona Heidern
  • Psycho Soldier Team: Athena Asamiya, 椎拳崇 (Sie Kensou), 摸元斋 (Chin Gentsai)
  • Yagami Team: 八神庵 (Iori Yagami), Mature, Vice
  • Mexico Team: Ramon, Angel, Tizoc
  • Palace Wan Team: 脸谱女 (Acting Mask Girl), 电属性少女歌手 (Teenage Girl Singer with Electric Element), 神秘兜帽男 (Mysterious Hooded Man)
  • South Town Team: Geese Howard, Billy Kane, 营家新人 (?)
  • South America Team: 巴西忍者 (Brazilian Ninja), 残障拳击手 (Handicap Boxer), 拉丁美女 (Pretty Latin Girl)
  • Alternate World Team: 娜可露露 (Nakoruru), Love Heart, 龙娘 (Mui Mui)
  • Mid-boss: 俄罗斯富豪 (Russian Billionaire)
  • Final Boss: 人形态非人类物种 (Non-Human Species)
More rumors about the unconfirmed characters:
  • Alice looks like this:
  • "Acting Mask Girl" is in the style of Bian Lian, the Chinese Opera mask changing art. She is a stance character with each mask representing a different stance. Change mask = change stance.
  • "Mysterious Hooded Man" is somehow related to the ending of KOFXIII.
  • "Pretty Latin Girl" has a pet Toucan.
  • Love Heart uses a sword and gun.
  • "Mid Boss Russian Billionaire" is "half naked" but probably just shirtless like Krauser and Geese.
  • Final Boss is a "Mortal Kombat Soulnado" person who can travel through space and time and alternate realities and pull people. Apparently, that's how the Alternate World Team exists.
Source: Same person who was leaking most of the other details: https://www.reddit.com/r/kof/comments/4a113u/more_kofxiv_leak_info/

C-Sword

Noob
Kudos to SNKP for not being afraid to introduce a bunch of new characters, they look interesting. I don't see how anyone could have a problem finding their main team with a roster of 50 characters.

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
Hmmm, I heard this is a fan mock up, but it looks accurate to the leak. I might just have to main this South American team.
yeah i wasn't sure if this was real but where would they get the new unreleased character art from to do a mock up?

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
yeah i wasn't sure if this was real but where would they get the new unreleased character art from to do a mock up?
Yeah, I'm starting to think it's real and some of the art was not completely finished so there is some placeholder artwork on SNKP's end.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Looks real legit tbh, like who has the time to do something this clean for a fake?

I'm happy with this roster, the south american team characters look like they'll be on the crazy side so looking forward to that.
Geese's butler or w/e reminds me of the butler in HxH who was fuckin boss.
I'm also interested in how the female in Kim's team (his wife? Master's wife?), hopefully she has an interesting gameplay style.

Plus I have my 2k2 teams in this game as well (King/Angel/Vice and Joe/Ralf/Kensou) so I'm super stoked for this game. Can't come soon enough :D

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
The graphics aren't that bad, but, I think, as long as the gameplay remains more or less the same it's gonna be fine.