What's new

The King Of Fighters XIV

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
Guess the rumors of the graphics being downgraded to fit 50 characters is true. Kinda expected that for the dream match scenario.

Not complaining though at all.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
@Rip Torn

If it is I'm sure stuff will pop up on the dream cancel forums
Quoting this from the SRK article:

One of the biggest change is the replacement of King of Fighters XIII’s HD system with the MAX Mode mechanic from earlier installments. Activating MAX Mode costs one bar of meter and grants access to an unlimited number of EX attacks as long as the mode is active and MAX Desperation moves.

SNK Playmore has also seen fit to add auto-combos into the game. These Rush combos, as they’re called, are performed by mashing light punch, and can automatically cancel into Desperation Moves if the player has enough meter.

King of Fighters XIV reportedly borrows mechanics from other classic SNK games, including the Just Defend system from Garou: Mark of the Wolves. Somewhat similar to Street Fighter III’s parries, Just Defend previously lowered blockstun and allowed a defending player to recover faster, but may function differently in this new iteration.

Other new mechanics include King of Fighters XI’s forward roll on ground recovery and meter gain on character loss. Finally, Blowback attacks (performed with MP+MK) can set up wallbounces on counter-hit.

While these details come from knowledgeable members of the community, the game itself may have more mechanics that have yet to be discovered or revealed, and some are likely to change as development continues.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
I love KOF but they should have kep it 2D instead of 3D. The best one in my opinion is KOF 2001 ultimate match.

C-Sword

Noob
SNK Poormore does not have that kind of money for 2D sprites. Last Blade 2 is coming to PS4 with online play, hyped!

Nulak

http://www.youtube.com/user/Nulak
I wonder if this game will sell less than kof XII.
My god this game is ugly, the best thing they can do now is cancel it until they re-do the engine or maybe run it on a good engine like UE4. And plz stop with this shitty arena stage for god sake.

StealthyMuffin

Earth's Mightiest Knucklehead
Main concerns:
-Will the graphics improve?
-Are the new mechanics solid?
-Does Leona still whisper "sayonara" during her Climax?
-Is Kula's ass too cute?

These are important issues that I need answers to.

StealthyMuffin

Earth's Mightiest Knucklehead
I don't think anyone's actually posted the leaked roster.

• China Team: 恶魇青年 (?), 糖葫芦 (Tung Fu Rue), 枕头少年 (?)
  • Japan Team: 草蕹京 (Kyo Kusanagi), 二阶堂红丸 (Benimaru Nikaido), 大门五郎 (Goro Daimon)
  • Fatal Fury Team: Terry Bogard, Andy Bogard, 东丈 (Joe Higashi)
  • Art of Fighting Team: 坂崎良 (Ryo Sakazaki), Robert Garcia, 坂崎百合 (Yuri Sakazaki)
  • K’ Team: K’, Maxima, Kula Diamond
  • Kim Team: 金家藩 (Kim Kaphwan), 他师父 (Kim’s Master), 他师母 (Kim’s Wife)
  • Criminal Team: 犯人陈 (Prisoner Chang Koehan), 犯人蔡 (Prisoner Choi Bounge), 新人囚犯 (Newcomer Prisoner)
  • Women Fighters Team: 不知火舞 (Mai Shiranui), King, Alice
  • Ikari Team: Ralf Jones, Clark Still, Leona Heidern
  • Psycho Soldier Team: Athena Asamiya, 椎拳崇 (Sie Kensou), 摸元斋 (Chin Gentsai)
  • Yagami Team: 八神庵 (Iori Yagami), Mature, Vice
  • Mexico Team: Ramon, Angel, Tizoc
  • Palace Wan Team: 脸谱女 (Acting Mask Girl), 电属性少女歌手 (Teenage Girl Singer with Electric Element), 神秘兜帽男 (Mysterious Hooded Man)
  • South Town Team: Geese Howard, Billy Kane, 营家新人 (?)
  • South America Team: 巴西忍者 (Brazilian Ninja), 残障拳击手 (Handicap Boxer), 拉丁美女 (Pretty Latin Girl)
  • Alternate World Team: 娜可露露 (Nakoruru), Love Heart, 龙娘 (Mui Mui)
  • Mid-boss: 俄罗斯富豪 (Russian Billionaire)
  • Final Boss: 人形态非人类物种 (Non-Human Species)

EmoScoobyDoo

Maybe I'll have something to say ... Probably not
I don't think anyone's actually posted the leaked roster.

• China Team: 恶魇青年 (?), 糖葫芦 (Tung Fu Rue), 枕头少年 (?)
  • Japan Team: 草蕹京 (Kyo Kusanagi), 二阶堂红丸 (Benimaru Nikaido), 大门五郎 (Goro Daimon)
  • Fatal Fury Team: Terry Bogard, Andy Bogard, 东丈 (Joe Higashi)
  • Art of Fighting Team: 坂崎良 (Ryo Sakazaki), Robert Garcia, 坂崎百合 (Yuri Sakazaki)
  • K’ Team: K’, Maxima, Kula Diamond
  • Kim Team: 金家藩 (Kim Kaphwan), 他师父 (Kim’s Master), 他师母 (Kim’s Wife)
  • Criminal Team: 犯人陈 (Prisoner Chang Koehan), 犯人蔡 (Prisoner Choi Bounge), 新人囚犯 (Newcomer Prisoner)
  • Women Fighters Team: 不知火舞 (Mai Shiranui), King, Alice
  • Ikari Team: Ralf Jones, Clark Still, Leona Heidern
  • Psycho Soldier Team: Athena Asamiya, 椎拳崇 (Sie Kensou), 摸元斋 (Chin Gentsai)
  • Yagami Team: 八神庵 (Iori Yagami), Mature, Vice
  • Mexico Team: Ramon, Angel, Tizoc
  • Palace Wan Team: 脸谱女 (Acting Mask Girl), 电属性少女歌手 (Teenage Girl Singer with Electric Element), 神秘兜帽男 (Mysterious Hooded Man)
  • South Town Team: Geese Howard, Billy Kane, 营家新人 (?)
  • South America Team: 巴西忍者 (Brazilian Ninja), 残障拳击手 (Handicap Boxer), 拉丁美女 (Pretty Latin Girl)
  • Alternate World Team: 娜可露露 (Nakoruru), Love Heart, 龙娘 (Mui Mui)
  • Mid-boss: 俄罗斯富豪 (Russian Billionaire)
  • Final Boss: 人形态非人类物种 (Non-Human Species)
If this becomes completely true I'm going to need a replacement for Elisabeth, they broke up team blue hair.

ErMac333

Noob
So hype for King! Billy and Angel were also great choices, can't wait to finally play it, even though the visuals are not that exciting, seems to play nice.