What's new

THE JOKER official Combo Thread: Lets put a smile on that face

Dracain

Noob
Two neat meterless little teeth moves here, any teeth type works from what I've seen.
Teeth,ji3,b+3,ji2,3,3 (39%)
Teeth,ji3,b+3,ji2,32* xx Acid Flower (41%)

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
1st day with Joker. I have a question. Is there any suggestions on landing combo's after a JI3. It's really hard for me. Like 1 out of 30 attempts.

laudanum09

Darling
1st day with Joker. I have a question. Is there any suggestions on landing combo's after a JI3. It's really hard for me. Like 1 out of 30 attempts.
crossup j3 you can follow up with d.2, MB high laughing gas, b.3, j.2, 323 flower.

otherwise b.1,3/crowbar/flower/gun is your best bet.

it's not really all that good for combos but I think there's some good stuff there with insta crossup j3 because of the d.2 high laughing gas combo which is pretty solid damage.

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
crossup j3 you can follow up with d.2, MB high laughing gas, b.3, j.2, 323 flower.

otherwise b.1,3/crowbar/flower/gun is your best bet.

it's not really all that good for combos but I think there's some good stuff there with insta crossup j3 because of the d.2 high laughing gas combo which is pretty solid damage.
Thanks.

i had a dream last night...

that joker had some sort of air mobility like superman or hawkgirl, and with an air projectile.

also, his trait parry, it parried jumpins, highs, mids, lows, and projectiles just by pressing the button.

i woke up sad knowing that it was only a dream. still it was nice while it lasted.

i had a dream last night...

that joker had some sort of air mobility like superman or hawkgirl, and with an air projectile.

also, his trait parry, it parried jumpins, highs, mids, lows, and projectiles just by pressing the button.

i woke up sad knowing that it was only a dream. still it was nice while it lasted.
I wouldnt mind Joker having a air projectile. It could be a explosive card throw similar to Nightwing's air Wingdings

k1nG_Qu1nN

The King
Do you players have any 100+ % combo videos to share? If so I will post it in my thread. Traits/Transitions/Interactables/Guaranteed Resets are allowed.

What are some good combos that cancel into or are followed up by his super and guarantee it wont be blocked or dodged?

Picked up Joker recently, I don't quite understand teeth, 3 xx acid, 3 xx acid, its at the end of al0t of bnbs

I'm able to connect the first 3 xx acid but I don't get the second one... acid plants the opponent to the ground just far away to where I can't connect another standing 3...am I missing something really obvious here?

Gilbagz

Joker here~
Picked up Joker recently, I don't quite understand teeth, 3 xx acid, 3 xx acid, its at the end of al0t of bnbs

I'm able to connect the first 3 xx acid but I don't get the second one... acid plants the opponent to the ground just far away to where I can't connect another standing 3...am I missing something really obvious here?
Most 3 acid 3 acid enders rely on a teeth 'reset'. The 3 acid drops them onto the teeth which pops them back up for the next 3 acid. You can also get 3,2 acid for some combos.

Reborn

Noob
New to Joker but here is an interactable bounce combo that I didn't see listed:
ji2 32 xx I, b3, j3, 32 xx flower - 44%
Pretty good damage for a super easy, meterless combo. I am really inexperienced with the character but I'd imagine you could do the teeth loops after the b3 for an extra 2% or so damage.

KonDcnT

KonDcnT
So I've been playing around with a reset:JI2 32 RLG MB B3 D2 TEETH 2 FLOWER RLG MB B3 JI2 32(2ND KNIFE) FLOWER. It pays off with 75% damage. I was just wondering has anyone found a 100% mid screen reset. I tried a 2nd d2 teeth 2 flower reset after the b3, but I keep wiffing the 2.

Gilbagz

Joker here~
So I've been playing around with a reset:JI2 32 RLG MB B3 D2 TEETH 2 FLOWER RLG MB B3 JI2 32(2ND KNIFE) FLOWER. It pays off with 75% damage. I was just wondering has anyone found a 100% mid screen reset. I tried a 2nd d2 teeth 2 flower reset after the b3, but I keep wiffing the 2.
There are a lot of ways to get over 100% with Joker, but none of it is guaranteed.
A sequence I use is.
ji2 3,2 ex rlg b3 d2 far teeth j2 close teeth meaty j2 b3 d2 far teeth j2 far teeth 2 acid flower b3 j2 3,2 acid flower
Does just over 100%, but there are two parts to escape, which i've bolded. Nothing is guaranteed.
If they don't tech roll or wake up attack they eat the unblockable meaty j2.
The biggest gimmick is the 2 acid flower which you can get out of by just blocking low. But my though process is people are now worried about tech rolling and so won't be blocking low to block the reset.

Still a gimmick.

KonDcnT

KonDcnT
Nice combo reset. Nice to people thinking outside the realm of teeth loop set ups. You got any strategy on bane?

OnlineRon91

Joker++
While impractical at the time of this writing, with max HA! meter, Joker can combo into 3 from nj2, as well as fit in a ji3 before ji2 in b+3 combos.

Tested on Superman and Batgirl. 13 hits. 48% damage, 1 meter. Midscreen.
nj2, 32 xx Mb RLG, b+3, ji3, ji2, 32 xx Acid Flower

KonDcnT

KonDcnT
I need to start focusing on how to utilize the parry. I think there is more to it, reguarding set ups for the parry. @TheShiveGeek brought to my attention that b3 and f3 MB's or natural can be parried. I think the parry may be the one thing that will keep a lot of the cast honest, with the exception of DS, as well as disrupt your opponents gameplan.
On another note, I was messing around on practice and I did LRG meter burn into gun. The gun came out before the MB on RLG. I couldn't get it to happen again. If this is possible and not a glitch this could open up some doors on certain combo chains, if not disrupt someone jumping LRG. In theory, you could RLG from a distance when the opponent jumps you do gun then MB and the opponent will be knocked back from the gun into the exploding RLG. I hope that makes sense. Working at the moment and haven't had another opportunity to investigate this.

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
I need to start focusing on how to utilize the parry. I think there is more to it, reguarding set ups for the parry. @TheShiveGeek brought to my attention that b3 and f3 MB's or natural can be parried. I think the parry may be the one thing that will keep a lot of the cast honest, with the exception of DS, as well as disrupt your opponents gameplan.
On another note, I was messing around on practice and I did LRG meter burn into gun. The gun came out before the MB on RLG. I couldn't get it to happen again. If this is possible and not a glitch this could open up some doors on certain combo chains, if not disrupt someone jumping LRG. In theory, you could RLG from a distance when the opponent jumps you do gun then MB and the opponent will be knocked back from the gun into the exploding RLG. I hope that makes sense. Working at the moment and haven't had another opportunity to investigate this.
You sure it wasn't the RLG MB animation? When you meter burn it, he shoots the canister to cause the explosion as part of the animation of the move. I'm fairly certain that what you are saying is impossible, but could be wrong...
Right on with the parry stuff though, punishing b/f3's is a solid usage. Some other good ones are against Superman and GL for instance, when you see a f23 or b13 (respectively) coming, which they tend to spam, you can catch them with a parry if you make the right read.

KonDcnT

KonDcnT
I tried for an hour today to reproduce what I mentioned earlier. I guess it was a glitch. I was wrong.