What's new

THE JOKER official Combo Thread: Lets put a smile on that face

Hi trying to learn Joker today, does anyone have a list of his most practical combos? I'm looking for his best midscreen and corner please. Thanks
BNB's

113 bf2= 17%
f232 bf2=19%
212 bf2=20%
32 bf2=20%
b3 fu2 32 bf2=30%
f3 fu2 32 bf2=30%

1 Meter Burn
11 RLG MB b3 fu2 32 bf2=35%
f23 RLG MB b3 fu2 32 bf2=35%
21 RLG MB b3 fu2 32 bf2=36%
32 RLG MB b3 fu2 32 bf2=41

These are the simple midscreen combos he can do. Hope it helps. In corner, I usually do 113 212 db3 u3..... for teeth resets

TurboTaco

Mexican street vendor
BNB's

113 bf2= 17%
f232 bf2=19%
212 bf2=20%
32 bf2=20%
b3 fu2 32 bf2=30%
f3 fu2 32 bf2=30%

1 Meter Burn
11 RLG MB b3 fu2 32 bf2=35%
f23 RLG MB b3 fu2 32 bf2=35%
21 RLG MB b3 fu2 32 bf2=36%
32 RLG MB b3 fu2 32 bf2=41

These are the simple midscreen combos he can do. Hope it helps. In corner, I usually do 113 212 db3 u3..... for teeth resets
Thank you!

Robotic

Gentleman.
I thought this was interesting, but I have no use for it AS OF YET. Maybe sharing it will cause some brainstorming:

Rising U2 (meaning jump immediately followed by 2 on the way up) causes enough of a stun that you can land and combo d2 - which will let you subsequently combo bf3.

I use d2, bf3 all the time. Does anybody else?

Might be interesting in an unblockable or mixup set up. So, instant overhead 2 lets you land a D2... anything else it combos into?

laudanum09

Darling
I thought this was interesting, but I have no use for it AS OF YET. Maybe sharing it will cause some brainstorming:

Rising U2 (meaning jump immediately followed by 2 on the way up) causes enough of a stun that you can land and combo d2 - which will let you subsequently combo bf3.

I use d2, bf3 all the time. Does anybody else?
neutral jump or forward jump?

forward jump whiffs on crouching characters and neutral jump 2 doesn't seem to give enough hitstun to follow up with a d2. i need to test but this might give neutral jump 'instant' 2 a use.

Robotic

Gentleman.
neutral jump or forward jump?

forward jump whiffs on crouching characters and neutral jump 2 doesn't seem to give enough hitstun to follow up with a d2. i need to test but this might give neutral jump 'instant' 2 a use.
Whoa whoa whoa! My mistake. I meant d1. Neutral jump. To clarify, get close to your opponent and press up. Immediately press 2 to connect on the rise. The stun is sufficient that Joker has time to land and connect d1 as a combo. After d1, you can of course connect bf3.

Tested on Batman, Grundy. Works on crouching opponents. And it gets better...

After Instant neutral jump 2, Joker has sufficient time to land b1, although the timing is stricter. What is NOT stricter, is that you can land standing 1 (!). Whatever the hell you want to land after standing 1 is in play here. Again, not sure how I can use this in real game situations, but I thought I'd share and let you all have at it. Very interesting...

laudanum09

Darling
Whoa whoa whoa! My mistake. I meant d1. Neutral jump. To clarify, get close to your opponent and press up. Immediately press 2 to connect on the rise. The stun is sufficient that Joker has time to land and connect d1 as a combo. After d1, you can of course connect bf3.

Tested on Batman, Grundy. Works on crouching opponents. And it gets better...

After Instant neutral jump 2, Joker has sufficient time to land b1, although the timing is stricter. What is NOT stricter, is that you can land standing 1 (!). Whatever the hell you want to land after standing 1 is in play here. Again, not sure how I can use this in real game situations, but I thought I'd share and let you all have at it. Very interesting...
Yup. This is true, but try buffering your inputs while in the air, just like you would a normal jump in.

you can do 1,1 MB RLG or b1, 3 etc.

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
You can do 2 as well into full combo. It's hard to get though since opponent has to get hit while standing. And if crouching just whiffs.

Only semi use is if you hit some chars with d1 and go for the instant j2 delay it a tiny bit and it will actually cross over. The hit stun from the d1 does not allow them crouch.
Works bet on big chars

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
What is NOT stricter, is that you can land standing 1 (!). Whatever the hell you want to land after standing 1 is in play here. Again, not sure how I can use this in real game situations, but I thought I'd share and let you all have at it. Very interesting...
you're right but that's not what he said.
i misunderstood i thought he didnt know how to follow after the j2. but maybe after joker does a string that is blocked and leaves joker neutral or at disadvantage would be the best time to nj2 to beat a counter. I don't get as much lab time as I'd like but maybe this will help you guys

Robotic

Gentleman.
Ideally, you should follow nj2 with standing 1 as this leads to full combo punish. I said "into whatever the hell you want" so I didn't have to type in all manner of possible combos from standing 1. My thing is, finding legit real game situations to throw out nj2 on a standing or crouching opponent in the first place.

Bolton

Noob
i'd like to add something very minor in that you can edit Jack White's combo to replace the ji2 with a ji3 after the b3 for an extra 2%.

also, if you've landed this combo multiple times, it may be plausible to cancel the 212 into a 21(1slash) xx ct(far) for a blockable reset that hopefully won't be techrolled because of conditioning. from there you have an unblockable setup (i think?) with MB f3 and the chattering teeth for wakeup responses, and i'm not sure of the most damaging f3 starter combos. last wishful thought: if they don't want to wakeup so as to not be punished by the MBf3 and instead want to block it out, it might serve as an ideal opener for any of the ct(far), ji3 combos i've posted earlier.

but again, very wishful thinking ): i'd just like to find a way for any of those 50%+ combos to be used...

laudanum09

Darling
What frame changes or move properties do you guys think would give Joker a better way to setup teeth? I'm talking small stuff like canceling hard knockdown strings into teeth, faster recovery off of certain strings etc.

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
What frame changes or move properties do you guys think would give Joker a better way to setup teeth? I'm talking small stuff like canceling hard knockdown strings into teeth, faster recovery off of certain strings etc.
I wish you could cancel the entire 323 string into teeth.

Well, I may have found a use for our instant overhead tech.

Note the reset about 1:20. Perhaps we could try an adaptation where we go for our overhead tech if they block the teeth?

how do you land the j.2 in between the first teeth and the second teeth in this combo? ji2, 32* xx Mb RLG, b+3, d+2 xx far teeth, ji2, any range teeth, 3 xx Acid Flower, 3 xx Acid Flower.

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
how do you land the j.2 in between the first teeth and the second teeth in this combo? ji2, 32* xx Mb RLG, b+3, d+2 xx far teeth, ji2, any range teeth, 3 xx Acid Flower, 3 xx Acid Flower.
TooMuchBob, post: 887298 said:
Cat Is there a trick to his j2 after d2xxteeth in that new BnB you posted? Sometimes I land it consistently and sometimes I whiff it 30 times in a row and I can't seem to figure out a good way to time it well, or if there is something I could delay a bit to land it easier, it just doesn't make sense to me.

It's especially frustrating because I come from Urien in third strike and he's an extemely execution heavy character that I didn't have a hard time learning.
make sure you hit the d2 where it launches opponent highest in the air.. dont do it too late or the wont pop up as high.. the jump 2 part is tricky.. after you do the d2 teeth just TAP UF and the 2 when he recovers from the teeth.. I though i helt the uf but i just tap it to make sure it comes out at the right time..

but yeah.. first focus on where the d2 after the b3 hits where it launches them very high.. if you do it too late , it will still hit but wont launch as far up as you want them too.. youll see the difference

Edit: Also the b3 after the low tank mb needs to be done right away.. keeps them higher up as well

SunLord5

Dualshock 2 User
robotic said:
After Instant neutral jump 2
Only semi use is if you hit some chars with d1 and go for the instant j2 delay it a tiny bit and it will actually cross over. The hit stun from the d1 does not allow them crouch.
Works bet on big chars
Cat Can you show that in your video? I am not sure how to do it. If I understand that correctly instant j2 is Nj2, how does that cross over big characters?

laudanum09

Darling
no, you do a forward jump 2, it hits from the front but you land behind them. Do a d1 and try the quick jump forward 2 immediately and you'll see what he means.