What's new

The House of El : (1.06) Superman General Discussion Thread

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
So first off, I apologize for the quality and my stupid voice. :p Stupid window in the background messed with the lighting. If anyone is unable to see something, comment with what the video time is and I will walk you through it in a reply post.
So is that the lowest the air dash goes?

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
So is that the lowest the air dash goes?
Yeah but its like..really weird, he sometimes goes straight through your opponent...wut? In order to stay on the same side you delay the forward dash after the MB breath very slightly, in other words time the air dash after the neutral jump when your opponent unfreezes and begins to stumble backwards. In order to crossup, that should be simple, no delay on the dash forward at all. Dash up and neutral jump then air dash whenever. Word of advice the lower Supes is the ground, the quicker the air dash will be but the less time for the air normal to come out so I recommend jump 1 in that situation unless you are willing to take the risk of a d2 whiff punish cause j2 didn't come out. In addition, if you are feeling really lucky, go for a j3 but be warned, you must do this fairly high off the ground and it is easy to react to. On block or hit, make sure you continue the string with 22 and then end it with either the safe 3 or the high risk high reward df1. Note: Your opponent can push block the 22 so the "vortex" part will be negated but your opponent loses a bar. Its a win win for both of you. The main purpose of this..whatever you want to call it is to lead into a combo with Supe's most damaging string (223), activated with trait, and beginning with a j2. The damage is like 53% and thats exactly what we Man of Steel players need. :)
EDIT: If you don't use trait, you can set up Theo's "Godliness of standing 3" but you must make sure your opponent blocks your jump normal. Afterwards, simply cancel 3 into trait on block and go into the many frame traps off it.
Ex: 3xxtrait 11, f23
3xxtrait 22 into 3/df1
3xxtrait 3
3xxtrait throw
3xxtrait d1
3xxtrait b1
3xxtrait f23/f2d1

Last edited:

DHERO

Noob
What should I be doing to get a hit? F23 continuously seems so scrubby.

How do I decide how to end my combo?

And how does one do the dive so fast?

DarksydeDash

F23 is your best footsie/whiff punish tool. It is his best way to get a hit besides an air dash cross up. You can always do f2xxtrait into throw and once you get your opponent in the happen of teching go into another f23 to open him up. Don't forget his 223 string is a 50/50 so you can have them guess if they are blocking. His dive punch is fast cause its being instant aired. Down, Upxx3 as soon as he leaves the ground.

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM

spacing is key. Superman isn't a char with any real gimmicky mixups midscreen or a true good 50/50. 223 or 22~ scoop is easily fuzzy guarded but can catch ppl napping

F23 is a great whiff punisher more so than an offensive tool now. Ppl know how to block supes.

How you end depends on your gameplan and what char in particular you are fighting against. End in d3, super punch for corner carry, rising grab into heat vision for damage, etc

Practice is all I can tell you. Hit up and then d3 immediately after. Rinse and repeat till consistent.

DarksydeDash

spacing is key. Superman isn't a char with any real gimmicky mixups midscreen or a true good 50/50. 223 or 22~ scoop is easily fuzzy guarded but can catch ppl napping

F23 is a great whiff punisher more so than an offensive tool now. Ppl know how to block supes.

How you end depends on your gameplan and what char in particular you are fighting against. End in d3, super punch for corner carry, rising grab into heat vision for damage, etc

Practice is all I can tell you. Hit up and then d3 immediately after. Rinse and repeat till consistent.
Well said.

DHERO

Noob
Thanks guys! How effective is raw MB Super punch? Are there any more shenanigans I could go for when I activate trait?

Endeavor

I'll live a villain, before I die a hero.
Alright guys I'm having a lot of trouble in the Zod match up, its hard as shit to get in on him and his zoning bodies me, any advice about the mu?

LEGEND

YES!
Get's through zoning easily but people are still sleeping on it.
it really doesn't. Takes quite a while before the armor starts up

There isn't a whole lot of zoning tools that it can deal with, and most of its use is on read and very risky

Not that he needs it though when he has some of the best mobility and can use his lasers to wiff punish alot of different zoning attempts

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
it really doesn't. Takes quite a while before the armor starts up

There isn't a whole lot of zoning tools that it can deal with, and most of its use is on read and very risky

Not that he needs it though when he has some of the best mobility and can use his lasers to wiff punish alot of different zoning attempts
When you're down on life and you need to get through zoning then it's good, works against batman, sinestro, etc it's only 21f startup. It's not risky, only -6 and difficult to jump.

LEGEND

YES!
When you're down on life and you need to get through zoning then it's good, works against batman, sinestro, etc it's only 21f startup. It's not risky, only -6 and difficult to jump.
it takes much more than 21 frames before the armor starts up and batman can still beat it out if he MBs his batarang

Sinestro's FB is too fast for the punch to ever have the armor start up

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
it takes much more than 21 frames before the armor starts up and batman can still beat it out if he MBs his batarang

Sinestro's FB is too fast for the punch to ever have the armor start up
Of course you don't do it on reaction, not like it can be punished easily though.

Point being, the move is good, make a read, you're in and with stupid wallcarry.

LEGEND

YES!
Of course you don't do it on reaction, not like it can be punished easily though.

Point being, the move is good, make a read, you're in and with stupid wallcarry.
i already said its usable on a read, but the reward isn't generally worth it considering how well superman gets past zoning with out it. Its an occasional gimmick

and it doesn't ever work on read vs the characters you mentioned

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
i already said its usable on a read, but the reward isn't generally worth it considering how well superman gets past zoning with out it. Its an occasional gimmick

and it doesn't ever work on read vs the characters you mentioned
Maybe you'd like to mention why. The reward being in F23 range, 1 quarter of the stage wallcarry or possibly more on hit isn't worth it?

LEGEND

YES!
Maybe you'd like to mention why. The reward being in F23 range, 1 quarter of the stage wallcarry or possibly more on hit isn't worth it?
the fact that it has any risk of being MB b3ed, jumped and punish or beat out before the armor becomes active when superman doesn't need it in the slightest to get in (can actually do more damage counter zoning most characters that it is usable against anyway) makes it not worth using imo

it does have low risk when blocked and great wall carry on hit, but that doesn't make it a go to option considering Superman has other (better) options most of the time

Not counting it out as a gimmick, i do use it

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
the fact that it has any risk of being MB b3ed, jumped and punish or beat out before the armor becomes active when superman doesn't need it in the slightest to get in (can actually do more damage counter zoning most characters that it is usable against anyway) makes it not worth using imo

it does have low risk when blocked and great wall carry on hit, but that doesn't make it a go to option considering Superman has other (better) options most of the time

Not counting it out as a gimmick, i do use it
It being beat out isn't a danger from 3/4 to fullscreen unless you're sinestro or DS, mb b3 won't happen since it's 2 hits in the end and no matter who you are, a move like this is very welcome for when you're done on a lead or wanna finish a round.

Most character I don't think can punish it outside of like a projectile, most characters you'd use it to get in on that is.

How are you being blown up by using it at WNF?

LEGEND

YES!
It being beat out isn't a danger from 3/4 to fullscreen unless you're sinestro or DS, mb b3 won't happen since it's 2 hits in the end and no matter who you are, a move like this is very welcome for when you're done on a lead or wanna finish a round.

Most character I don't think can punish it outside of like a projectile, most characters you'd use it to get in on that is.

How are you being blown up by using it at WNF?
oh sorry i didn't see this till now

i haven't been to wnf in months but it can be blown up by MB B3 or you can jump it and punish it on wiff, the MB B3 punish can be beaten out if the person doing it doesn't time it right

Edit: jumping it can sometimes get you hit still by one of the punches but the hit only does like 2% i believe and doesn't push you towards the corner

DarksydeDash

Reset number 1:
-breath, dash, jump over, dive bomb.
This reset is VERY ambiguous, the downside it doesn't otg but leaves you way to high up to get hit by most wakeups.
Note: When you jump over your opponent you will hit an invisible wall that pushes you back in the air. You can dive bomb anytime which can stuff air to airs easily. You also have air dash available to you to bait wakeups such as Bane's venom uppercut or Hawkgirls mace charge.

Reset number 2:
- f2d13 dash, slight jump over to same side, IA dive bomb.
This reset is mostly a crossup but has stayed on the same side randomly, reverses wakeups if not instant aired/delayed, and OTGs.

ALL OF THESE CAN BE APPLIED AFTER ANY COMBO IN THE CORNER. HAVE FUN!