What's new

Combo List - Goro The Goro Combo Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I actually was messing around with Goro for the first time a little bit today and noticed his 3d3 is cancellable into Stomp. Don't know if this was already known but seems like a pretty good way to end combos, because stomp will catch them on wake up. I'm not sure how easy that would be to do midscreen thanks to the normal's short range, but in the corner it works on just about everything.

regulas

Your Emporer
I actually was messing around with Goro for the first time a little bit today and noticed his 3d3 is cancellable into Stomp. Don't know if this was already known but seems like a pretty good way to end combos, because stomp will catch them on wake up. I'm not sure how easy that would be to do midscreen thanks to the normal's short range, but in the corner it works on just about everything.
They can techroll to avoid being knocked down so you will need to be prepped to hold forward if they do on reaction (unless they are in the corner). You can do this any time the enemy is juggled by any string.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
They can techroll to avoid being knocked down so you will need to be prepped to hold forward if they do on reaction (unless they are in the corner). You can do this any time the enemy is juggled by any string.
Oh ok sweet, thanks for the info!

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
I'm trying to use a new Bnb after a naked EX punchwalk to get more damage :

EX punchwalk, runxxb12u2, njp, f3xxdbf3 for 34%.

It's not too easy, but does 4% more than the usual combo so maybe it's worth the risk.

regulas

Your Emporer

It's not too easy, but does 4% more than the usual combo so maybe it's worth the risk.
Emphasis on not easy. I was trying this out but find it's a pretty tight timing.

In contrast Dragon can easily use longer combos due to better positioning and longer reach.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!

Nice, the best one i got so far was 29%. Gonna practice it down till i master it. KW looks sooo solid atm. Only MU i have a problem is against TG Raiden. But then again, who doesnt...

EDIT: Can you do pw after f3 for wall carry? That would be awesome.

Last edited:

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
Nice, the best one i got so far was 29%. Gonna practice it down till i master it. KW looks sooo solid atm. Only MU i have a problem is against TG Raiden. But then again, who doesnt...

EDIT: Can you do pw after f3 for wall carry? That would be awesome.
No you can't, but if you want to end with punchwalk you can use:

Ex punchwalk, runxxb12u2, f3xxpunchwalk.
You lose 2% damage, but it's still more than the standard Bnb.

The b12u2 filler boosts the damage in pretty much every combo

Immortal

Blind justice....
I'm still working on my Goro (tigrar mostly) but i really struggle against good Scorpion players especially in inferno variation. Tigrar seems useless in this MU, there is no corner game since he can just ex tele out and punish mu whiff. Neutral isn't really better since i have always be aware of his TP not to mention low flmae demon combo starter or whatever that move is called.

Any advices?

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
I'm still working on my Goro (tigrar mostly) but i really struggle against good Scorpion players especially in inferno variation. Tigrar seems useless in this MU, there is no corner game since he can just ex tele out and punish mu whiff. Neutral isn't really better since i have always be aware of his TP not to mention low flmae demon combo starter or whatever that move is called.

Any advices?

Patience and no jumping at all. Walk your way in and Scorpion is screwed. Try df var or kw. Ground pound works really well against Scorpion when used correctly. Up close mix it up with 11, 21 and then SG ( no cancel ofc).

People will be expecting the overhead from 11 or the low from 21 since they come out slow. Use that to your advantage and the MU will become much easier.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
In fangs f3 en spin njp 21 spin does 37% midscreen

end with grabalso does 37, punchwalk does 35

EDIT: you can sub njp for u2/u1 and still get 37, for what that's worth

Last edited:

Immortal

Blind justice....
In fangs f3 en spin njp 21 spin does 37% midscreen

end with grabalso does 37, punchwalk does 35

EDIT: you can sub njp for u2/u1 and still get 37, for what that's worth
This is nice, but why bother midscreen with 21 where you can just do another f3 into fangs and its still 37% and more consistent online.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
This is nice, but why bother midscreen with 21 where you can just do another f3 into fangs and its still 37% and more consistent online.
I find cancelling 2 1 to whatever is tons more consistent than f3 online personally, so i noted it that way. If f3 works for you, by all means use it

something about the height that he kicks them into with f3 makes me miss the middle of spin a bit more than i'd like

BEENEEWEENEES

Thou shalt be slain!
jump-in kick combos into d4 punchwalk at certain ranges :X expunchwalk is very inconsistent, unfortunately. i got jik d4 shokan grab to land once but couldn't recreate it. jik d4 punchwalk is fairly consistent, doesn't hurt to always go for it if you ever have a reason to use the jik.

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
jump-in kick combos into d4 punchwalk at certain ranges :X expunchwalk is very inconsistent, unfortunately. i got jik d4 shokan grab to land once but couldn't recreate it. jik d4 punchwalk is fairly consistent, doesn't hurt to always go for it if you ever have a reason to use the jik.
If you're using Kuatan, j.4 into chest lunge works 100% of the time.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Yeah, his surplus of meterless combo starters and extenders coupled with the versatility and priority of EX Punchwalk makes Goro a combo monster in the corner. His mid screen stuff isn't bad either, but the game plan there is to end with punchwalk to push them to the corner where you can really tenderize the opponent.

alexbib

Noob
what's the most you can get after a midscreen b2? I'm just doing b2,f3dbf3 for 24dmg, but I'm sure there's something better...

Status
Not open for further replies.