What's new

Combo List - Goro The Goro Combo Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast

I'll be the first one to admit I don't have a great mind for combos, so I thought I'd post my finding here: off of jip b12u2 b12u2, you can d2 and keep the opponent in the corner fairly consistently.
in the video i used

jip b12u2 b12u2 d2 d1 ex shokan grab for 39%

If anybody with a mind for combos can optimize a combo with this, that'd be pretty tight

Last edited:

Mortal Komhat

Worst Well-Established Goro Player Ever
@juicepouch

So I decided to ram my noggin against this and I can't get more than 35% meterless / 40% EX command grab (no fangs, no jip) - It's around 1-2% more than my typical corner combo. The problem is that it scales so much at at the end, what seems like it should be 36% ends up being 35%

Here's a few combo paths you can take to reach that (all of them start with b12u2) - all of these will do 35% meterless / 40% 1 bar when not in Dragon Fangs (DF will add maybe a percent or two, didn't test it.), and add 2% with a jip.

b12u2, d2, 121 xx dbf3
b12u2, d2, 21 xx dbf3
b12u2, d2, 3 xx dbf3 (you can actually do 3d3 xx dbf3 for... exactly the same damage. Not even kidding.)
ji3 (or 4), b12u2, d2, d3 xx dbf3
b12u2, d2, 4 xx dbf3 (this requires so much fucking height on the second b12u2 that literally any other path is preferable to that one this is swag strats only)

If you get them high enough you can probably get 1, then either 121 or b12 xx dbf3 but I couldn't get it in this test session.

Another thing I explored was b12u2, njp, b12u2 - it FEELS like you could get something after that, but I'm not sure that it'll be worth it considering njp scaling.

Last edited:

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
@juicepouch

So I decided to ram my noggin against this and I can't get more than 35% meterless / 40% EX command grab (no fangs, no jip) - It's around 1-2% more than my typical corner combo. The problem is that it scales so much at at the end, what seems like it should be 36% ends up being 35%

Here's a few combo paths you can take to reach that (all of them start with b12u2) - all of these will do 35% meterless / 40% 1 bar when not in Dragon Fangs (DF will add maybe a percent or two, didn't test it.), and add 2% with a jip.

b12u2, d2, 121 xx dbf3
b12u2, d2, 21 xx dbf3
b12u2, d2, 3 xx dbf3 (you can actually do 3d3 xx dbf3 for... exactly the same damage. Not even kidding.)
ji3 (or 4), b12u2, d2, d3 xx dbf3
b12u2, d2, 4 xx dbf3

If you get them high enough you can probably get 1, then either 121 or b12 xx dbf3 but I couldn't get it in this test session.
Man the scaling is real :(

I was hoping this would open up a few more damaging possibilities

EDIT: yeah 40 seems to be tops, which blows. Here's my favorite combo aesthetically to mark the end of me fucking around with this setup lol

Last edited:
What exactly do you mean by optimal? For the sake of absolute clarity.
Yes, something like what Mortal Komhat said. I'm sorry, I should've been more precise.
I'd like to have combos for every combo-starting move or string. Below are the kinds of combos that can be added, just to help give you fellows an idea of where to start:

– Simple: Meterless and/or metered combos that sacrifice damage for simplicity.

– Intermediate: Meterless and/or metered combos that give good or great damage, can be reliably done and do not require too much/difficult timing.

– Advanced Execution: Most damaging combos (or not.) These require practice to get down consistently by Goro's standards in combo difficulty.

– Swag: Meterless and/or metered combos that do not give optimal damage and/or are unreliable, but their purpose is flashiness and swag.

If you're going to tag me to add combos into the OP, could you also please tell me which variations the combos are able to be executed in? I have no idea if Goro's combos can generally be done in all three variations, or only certain ones. Thanks.

Last edited:

Mortal Komhat

Pretty sure we can improve on that one though, but probably not with f3 starter. If it wasn't the morning I'd definitely try.

unicorn

Noob
Is there any UP TO DATE list of Goro's combos for each variant? As the 1st post seems to be outdated a lot when compared to other threads in here :(

Mortal Komhat

Maybe so, I always use f3 as a starter for combos though just because it's what im most likely to land in a match
Found something with your own tech from earlier :D

f3 xx EX bf4, njp, (BACK DAT ASS UP A BIT)*, b12u2, b12 xx dbf3 - 41% in all variants, including Dragon Fangs.

* The reason for this is to properly allow for the opponent's float effect after the b12u2 to be far enough that you don't send them flying over you, it also has the additional effect of timing the b12u2 correctly as otherwise you'll just swing the air. If you don't have the height necessary to get b12 xx dbf3, replace with d3 xx dbf3 for 40% straight.

Also, that combo is very, VERY good as you can get f3 from outside the corner and so long as you walk them to the corner the combo can be easily done.

Last edited:

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast

f3 xx EX df4, njp, (BACK DAT ASS UP A BIT)*, b12u2, b12 xx dbf3 - 41% in all variants, including Dragon Fangs.

* The reason for this is to properly allow for the opponent's float effect after the b12u2 to be far enough that you don't send them flying over you, it also has the additional effect of timing the b12u2 correctly as otherwise you'll just swing the air. If you don't have the height necessary to get b12 xx dbf3, replace with d3 xx dbf3 for 40% straight.

Also, that combo is very, VERY good as you can get f3 from outside the corner and so long as you walk them to the corner the combo can be easily done.
awesome, gonna hit the lab and try and get that down

F3 is a an ok combo starter for punchwalks. However, crouching 4 is 8 frame start-up and will combo into a punchwalk at max range. I will take that over a 15 frame step-kick. Of course the situation could change this but it wont in most cases.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
F3 is a an ok combo starter for punchwalks. However, crouching 4 is 8 frame start-up and will combo into a punchwalk at max range. I will take that over a 15 frame step-kick. Of course the situation could change this but it wont in most cases.
no poke combos into punchwalk, if anyone is getting hit by that it's because they aren't blocking

alexbib

Noob

f3 xx EX df4, njp, (BACK DAT ASS UP A BIT)*, b12u2, b12 xx dbf3 - 41% in all variants, including Dragon Fangs.

that only does 37% (assuming you mean EXbf4 intead of EXdf4). is there a b2 missing or something?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.