What's new

Video/Tutorial - Ferra/Torr The Ferra/Torr Video Thread

Kamikaze_Highlander

PSN: Windude008
Prolly one of the greatest moments of my life(if you couldn't tell by the squealing), I'm damn proud of this, and am now more fueled than ever to get better at Lackey

Kamikaze_Highlander

and here's the whole video (previous clip is in here) Much better performance than last time

Pretty sweet three bar Takeda combo too at around 4:00

Last edited:

Wetdoba

All too easy...
I'm just starting to explore lackey after watching how biohazard uses him for certain matchups and all day today I've just been going ham in player match with it. Can anyone give any tips or advice? Things I should do differently?
Practice your confirms off B121. If you see it hit you should be able to cancel into EX torryuken into full combo on reaction. Also when you have people in the corner mix in some D4s along with D1. D4 is plis 1 on block so D1 will frame trap after. If either D1 or D4 clip them trying to jump out in the air you can confirm into D1 command grab too. Confirms are pretty big with this character, especially off B121

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Question: Lots of people get caught with the last hit of B232+4, what's you're go-to conversion? I usually am too surprised it hits and just get d1, b121xxdbf1.
In Lackey? Since I know Im not going to really get damage off it I just go for F3xxtorryuken for corner carry or F3xxroll if the corner behind me is closer

Wetdoba

All too easy...
no in ruthless and vicious, you can't confirm of only landing the last hit in lackey as it knocks them away.
Shit I dont know what I was think of then, maybe I was thinking of F4, F3 Torryuken midscreen. Anyway for B23 2+4 I just run up and F2 if Im semi ready or if not just F32

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
dude that was an awesome end!!! nicely played!
Haha thanks when I did the charge I immediately thought I made a big mistake since interactables don't count as projectiles but luckily that short armor window saved me!
Practice your confirms off B121. If you see it hit you should be able to cancel into EX torryuken into full combo on reaction. Also when you have people in the corner mix in some D4s along with D1. D4 is plis 1 on block so D1 will frame trap after. If either D1 or D4 clip them trying to jump out in the air you can confirm into D1 command grab too. Confirms are pretty big with this character, especially off B121
Oh yeah I always forget to use d4 lol. I think I'm getting better with confirming into EX torryuken now, my muscle memory was used to seeing b121 hit and always going for PnG into 11 for a safe jump, but now I have to remember which variation I'm in. So many times in lackey have I tried to NJP from stupid distances or confirm into PnG and then get surprised when nothing comes out lol.

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
Damn video thread kinda died. Lets bring it back to life yea?? I'll start
This is portions of a 22 win streak on KOTH, i was amazed, and I kind of became a dick :cool:

Nice matches. Your combos after njp and your wall combos are kinda awkward though lol you can get way more damage Out of them. Also if you play against characters like acidic alien you can always png after your combo ender to stuff wakeups. This won me ALOT of matches and they start to respect you alot more so things like 50/50 or f2xxdb2 close work really good (or b12 stagger etc you get the idea).

Kamikaze_Highlander

Awkward how? I don't like doing the d1 d1 d1 combos cuz I drop them too often. Also I've auto piloting 2f4xxexbf2 too often I need to work on that.

Blewdew

And every time I png to bait wake ups they dont, and when I cancel to pressure they do, I swear they can read my mind.
When they don't wakeup you still have the advantage you can cancel and run up and b12,d1 stagger since you get the lackey d1 or you can do the godlike lackey throw which almost garantuees a 50/50. The alien Player though woke up pretty much everytime so you loose nothing beside that 5%.

And awkward in that way that you do combos I never saw before lol like njp b23 2+4 and Stuff. Seems like you don't Really like to f3 mid combo. I couldn't do the d1d1d1d1 combos for a long time as well but it's definitely worth practising.

Kamikaze_Highlander

Yea I've found that even f3 can be a bit tricky mid combo. I aim for consistency over damage. I use b232+4 way too much. what do you think of b232+f, f4, njp(ender) dunno why but that corner combo just feels so swaggy to me XP

Blewdew

Yea I've found that even f3 can be a bit tricky mid combo. I aim for consistency over damage. I use b232+4 way too much. what do you think of b232+f, f4, njp(ender) dunno why but that corner combo just feels so swaggy to me XP
yeah I might using it from now on as well lol it's really cool. don't know what to do most of the time after b23 2+4 in the corner to get good damage beside njp,f3,b121,dbf1 so this is a nice way to mix things up haha

Kamikaze_Highlander

I think I saw somewhere one time that you can actually do two in the corner, not sure if its better damage, and again, consistency over damage is my game. Even if you're about a quarter screen away from the corner when you land the f4, Lackey njp is just good enough, or maybe a little run, will still let you connect the njp.

I need to really lab optimal damage, I just kinda stick with my bnbs from pre patch. Hey, if ain't broke?

Blewdew

I think I saw somewhere one time that you can actually do two in the corner, not sure if its better damage, and again, consistency over damage is my game. Even if you're about a quarter screen away from the corner when you land the f4, Lackey njp is just good enough, or maybe a little run, will still let you connect the njp.

I need to really lab optimal damage, I just kinda stick with my bnbs from pre patch. Hey, if ain't broke?
Yeah never touch a working system lol. Though when you leave damage on the table it could cost you The game

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Thats why I like Lackey.
I've been doing roll combos since the beginning.
Now I am still doing them, just now they do more lol