What's new

The Ed Boon Twitter Watch Thread

DelSchokoladenSaft

Can of Corn Main
He just teased the hell out of Fujin. "if you look around, the whole world's coming together now", is part of the lyrics from Michael Jackson (thank google)...

Song name, "Can you feel it"

Another lyric in that song is "The wind is taking it everywhere."
Thank you based Chuan.
My body is ready.

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
Aside from Scorpion (don't think the irony is lost on me) the Male characters are boring as fuck. The lot of you are gayer than me.
He just teased the hell out of Fujin. "if you look around, the whole world's coming together now", is part of the lyrics from Michael Jackson (thank google)...

Song name, "Can you feel it"

Another lyric in that song is "The wind is taking it everywhere."
I've heard song way too many times this week. Maybe Boon was at Afropunk?

Anyways, The Jacksons DLC Pack because the video for the song clearly shows them as Elder Gods:

TamedLizard

Buff George
" “@ExodusJahdaan: @noobde Nobody is going to see DEADPOOL for dlc right? EB: Marvel's Deadpool? Hmm....."

Possible hint at the deadpool stage becoming dlc?
I'll take it!

When it comes to getting klassic stages as DLC, I'm curious how they'll handle the music. Everyone loves the old tunes. However, since each round in this game has a completely different track, I'm just wondering if that would present a problem for them. I guess they could just do 3 variants (har-har) of the same old school track, but who knows? Also, interactables.

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
he's tweeted red oreo cookies before as if it meant something. it's just him promoting the franchise and parent WB franchises. he once pointed out that Rain would not be DLC again. now "a lot of Rain requests!"
honestly his tweets mean...

Last edited:

ErMac333

Noob
Deapool and Goro's Lair are given actually if they're including at least 2 klassic stages. About the rest of them, that's where my interest is, wonder how they'll handle the choices, even though I'm satisfied with whatever they decide on stages, I think all the 4 being klassic is a good idea, we don't have many returning stages for a nice reference/hook to past titles, except for the Sky Temple (which is a really good choice) and Jinsei Chamber, which could be taken as a redesign of the Elder Gods Arena to be honest.

Since Boon said that time very seriously (with no usual troll intended) that they were discussing on the matter of klassic stages and "other klassics", I'll take it as a given that Deadpool and Goro's Lair are already in, just like Rain and Fujin.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
I'll take it!

When it comes to getting klassic stages as DLC, I'm curious how they'll handle the music. Everyone loves the old tunes. However, since each round in this game has a completely different track, I'm just wondering if that would present a problem for them. I guess they could just do 3 variants (har-har) of the same old school track, but who knows? Also, interactables.
I hope they would just loop the original music on the classic stages for each round, it needs to have the og music lol im also thinking the dangling hooked chains could become interactables in the DP stage, maybe you could swing on them like the hook thing on the right side of the kove or the vines in the jungles stages lol

Deapool and Goro's Lair are given actually if they're including at least 2 klassic stages. About the rest of them, that's where my interest is, wonder how they'll handle the choices, even though I'm satisfied with whatever they decide on stages, I think all the 4 being klassic is a good idea, we don't have many returning stages for a nice reference/hook to past titles, except for the Sky Temple (which is a really good choice) and Jinsei Chamber, which could be taken as a redesign of the Elder Gods Arena to be honest.

Since Boon said that time very seriously (with no usual troll intended) that they were discussing on the matter of klassic stages and "other klassics", I'll take it as a given that Deadpool and Goro's Lair are already in, just like Rain and Fujin.
To be honest, i've never liked Goro's Lair. I think it's bland and it really isn't needed in this game lol, I would much rather have like the portal or the tower from MK2, but I could see it getting in. @Blade4693's idea about the Dead Pool interactables is actually pretty damn good though

TamedLizard

Buff George
I'd like see the Wastelands just to add some more color to the game. The Portal, Kombat Tomb, and Warrior Shrine are a few others I'd welcome as well.

I hope they would just loop the original music on the classic stages for each round, it needs to have the og music lol im also thinking the dangling hooked chains could become interactables in the DP stage, maybe you could swing on them like the hook thing on the right side of the kove or the vines in the jungles stages lol
Either that, or they could pull inspiration from MKSM (and the Kove I guess) and have more zombies/corpses crawling out of the Dead Pool that you could toss. If they decided to turn that into a brutality, I'd laugh if the zombie (once thrown) grappled onto your opponent and did Mileena's Ravenous brutality. Even if it would just be copy/paste. I'd still get a chuckle out of it.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
I'd like see the Wastelands just to add some more color to the game. The Portal, Kombat Tomb, and Warrior Shrine are a few others I'd welcome as well.

Either that, or they could pull inspiration from MKSM (and the Kove I guess) and have more zombies/corpses crawling out of the Dead Pool that you could toss. If they decided to turn that into a brutality, I'd laugh if the zombie (once thrown) grappled onto your opponent and did Mileena's Ravenous brutality. Even if it would just be copy/paste. I'd still get a chuckle out of it.
Lol that would be awesome, also 1000x yes to the Wastelands making it as stage DLC, for some reason that has been one of my favorite stages ever since I was a kid, I love it lol

ErMac333

Noob
@DownfouralitY don't really like Goro's Lair too tbh, but since Goro's missing a stage of his own, and considerig Boon already said to be a good ideia the inclusion of the stage, I think it's very likely to show up.

My choices would be stages that actually put different palletes in the selection, maybe the Prison of Souls, with a nice metal atmosphere, or Pyramid of Shinnok, which has a slight green hue. Both also really nice references to MK4/MKMSZ times. I'd also like the Deadpool, Kombat Tomb, Warriors Shrine, and maybe a Church/Temple (considering it's white/lightened like in MK3 and not dark like in MK9). I'd also like a new pit stage that could be titled "The Pit X", brand new thing to follow the latest "The Pit III".