What's new

The Ed Boon Twitter Watch Thread

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
Well... Tbh. Most of those weren't a troll but appreciation for a character he probably never thought would have such a strong fanbase.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
All this begging for rain reminds me of people begging for raven when injustice was coming out. I said then that it would be a waste because nobody would play her 3 months after release. Which came true. And if memory serves me barely anyone played rain in mk9 so I'm interested to see how this turns out:rolleyes:
Rain just wasn't that good in MK9 at all I'd say.

Rain just wasn't that good in MK9 at all I'd say.
He wasn't that great. But the point is people clamoring for a character, like they did with raven, who will
1. abandon the game in 3-4 months
2. not even buy the game
3. play story mode and then do fatalities on their friends

Now of course this post could be quoted months from now and make me look like a fool haha, but I'm just saying I've seen this movie before.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
He wasn't that great. But the point is people clamoring for a character, like they did with raven, who will
2. not even buy the game

Now of course this post could be quoted months from now and make me look like a fool haha, but I'm just saying I've seen this movie before.
There's nothing wrong with the things you listed, people are allowed to do what they want, man :p

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
2. not even buy the game

RE point 1 and 3... I have heard stuff similar to this so many times, so this is not solely aimed at you but people need a reality check if they think NRS is making this game for the 200 or so tournament level players - they are making it for the million or so people who buy the game. In other words, tournament players are not THAT important to them (I don't mean that as an insult... just reality). Their main targeted market IS casuals who will only play for a month or two as they bring in the money to keep the franchise alive. You would not be playing MK if it wasn't for them. Sure they like you, but they will not take your opinion over what the masses want.

If Rain (or Raven etc) is considered fairly popular and is liked by the casuals, he will be in it. Personally I couldn't give a crap about Rain and hope he is not in it.

trufenix

bye felicia
All this begging for rain reminds me of people begging for raven when injustice was coming out. I said then that it would be a waste because nobody would play her 3 months after release. Which came true. And if memory serves me barely anyone played rain in mk9 so I'm interested to see how this turns out:rolleyes:
You know who else has fans like that? Every other character ever.

RE point 1 and 3... I have heard stuff similar to this so many times, so this is not solely aimed at you but people need a reality check if they think NRS is making this game for the 200 or so tournament level players - they are making it for the million or so people who buy the game. In other words, tournament players are not THAT important to them (I don't mean that as an insult... just reality). Their main targeted market IS casuals who will only play for a month or two as they bring in the money to keep the franchise alive. You would not be playing MK if it wasn't for them. Sure they like you, but they will not take your opinion over what the masses want.

If Rain (or Raven etc) is considered fairly popular and is liked by the casuals, he will be in it. Personally I couldn't give a crap about Rain and hope he is not in it.
Oh no I agree 100%. We as a "scene" don't matter much at all. But it's still ironic that people will spend more time pleading their case for a character than they will playing that character.

You know who else has fans like that? Every other character ever.
Yeah I know man haha but that's not what I'm saying. I'm just referencing how eerily similar this is shaping up to be to the Raven/Injustice situation. Like NOBODY played that character man. Literally some people did but she was one of the rarest characters to come across in tournament or online etc.

Like I said in my original post I could very likely eat my words, just find it funny.

trufenix

bye felicia
Yeah I know man haha but that's not what I'm saying. I'm just referencing how eerily similar this is shaping up to be to the Raven/Injustice situation. Like NOBODY played that character man. Literally some people did but she was one of the rarest characters to come across in tournament or online etc.

Like I said in my original post I could very likely eat my words, just find it funny.
I get what you're saying but its just incredibly arrogant. injustice sold like two million copies, you think forums and online randoms is really indicative of "everybody"?

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
Well Boons at it again...
on my phone if anyone wants to post them but...
He showed the Mileena render say who let the cat out the bag...
said Uh Oh you guys are serious to a tremor petition post ...
and mentioned another prince song...I'm sure there will be more shortly...