What's new

The Ed Boon Twitter Watch Thread

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
Dumb question, but what does going Gold mean?
It's slang meaning that all the development on the game is done, and ready to go to the manufacturing/shipping prep process for retail sales. Pretty much means it's Day one playable.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
According to Himmerick and Lansdown on Twitter, we will be getting a video before the end of February. The video will have another character reveal plus extra stuff. Cool.
However, that one character reveal leaves us, at the very least, 10 empty spots on the select screen. We all have seen the hints/semi-reveals of some characters (Bow guy, *Jax, *Sonya, *Liu, *Mileena) but nothing official. Either March is going to be a shitstorm of reveals hype, or they are going to go with a bunch of fighters not revealed before launch. Thoughts? I'm not looking for your opinion on "who" they might reveal (we have that already, ad nauseum), but how NRS/WB is going to handle the month of March.
I predict March will contain reveal after reveal and "leak" after "leak". (PR leaks done on purpose)

I remember like a week or so before IGAU dropped, the character select screen was leaked and it was 100% accurate.

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
According to Himmerick and Lansdown on Twitter, we will be getting a video before the end of February. The video will have another character reveal plus extra stuff. Cool.
However, that one character reveal leaves us, at the very least, 10 empty spots on the select screen. We all have seen the hints/semi-reveals of some characters (Bow guy, *Jax, *Sonya, *Liu, *Mileena) but nothing official. Either March is going to be a shitstorm of reveals hype, or they are going to go with a bunch of fighters not revealed before launch. Thoughts? I'm not looking for your opinion on "who" they might reveal (we have that already, ad nauseum), but how NRS/WB is going to handle the month of March.
I think they for sure won't reveal everyone... They said as much...
I think it will probably get leaked as people outside of NRS know a bunch and it's hard to keep everyone and all the people they know quite... But besides the stupid James crap people post here without spoiler tags I have avoided all of it pretty easily...
I know someone that legit knows a ton of shit and all the characters but have not asked for any info outside of them confirming James is full of crap..and one little thing they let slip that's already out...

Montanx

Thats why they call this thing bloodsport, kid.
I think it will probably get leaked as people outside of NRS know a bunch and it's hard to keep everyone and all the people they know quite... But besides the stupid James crap people post here without spoiler tags I have avoided all of it pretty easily...
I know someone that legit knows a ton of shit and all the characters but have not asked for any info outside of them confirming James is full of crap..and one little thing they let slip that's already out...
So the intrigue continues to build, I like it. As you said, someone will talk and any day now there will be a full leak of characters, story, modes, where boon took a piss, his cousins aunts former roommates address, everything.

I think we havent heard anything new about mkx since 2 weeks now ? especially characters .. + the " no demo" thing .
for me the hype is declining ...

trufenix

bye felicia
They actually managed to keep the full cast of Injustice under wraps until the achievements came out, which was like 2 weeks before release. Even then, nobody was really clear on the identity of Killer Frost until she got a trailer and people were still REALLY SURE certain other characters were going to be unlockable.

MK Led

Umbasa
that stream was exactly like giving a panadol tablet to sm one who got headache due to a brain tumor ...

what? deconfirming jade? the only thing that all members in this forum agreed on since the last trailer
Ok so clearly you don't like Reptile or Kitana. Personally I thought that was one of the most satisfying streams yet, even if Kitana didn't win the belt in the end :(

Ok so clearly you don't like Reptile or Kitana. Personally I thought that was one of the most satisfying streams yet, even if Kitana didn't win the belt in the end :(
wt r u talking about
Im gna main kitana for sure
and reptile too ( only if i liked his ninja outfit later on )

but i felt that it wasnt smthing new we ve seen a trailer for both be4. playing a couple of games with no real combos or even a good full match is nothing cool to me.

I don't know its my humble opinion .. I don't expect a lot of ppl to agree with it and thats totally fine ^^

Zephyrus

TYM resident party pooper
I agree with petros. That stream did nothing for me too. I want to see character reveals. Not how the variations play and how bad the people playing on stream, are.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I think the stream was more for the Kitana and Reptile fans (who, even if we don't like it, have more fans than some characters we like so they're going to lean towards giving them satisfaction and getting them to buy the game) so they could see a little more of how their characters worked since we didn't even know the names of their variations never mind their moves.