What's new

The Ed Boon Twitter Watch Thread

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Gets on at me for making a blanket statement, makes a blanket statement... and I'm not saying there weren't people that wanted the classic ones, that's your assumption.

Speaking of assumptions, I didn't assume many meant all. Did I say that? Nope. And even though it's irrelevant, as for arguments looking "desperate", really? Insulting the argument because you don't agree with it rather than proving it wrong? Not helping anyone.

First of all, where in my comment did I make a blanket statement?

I think you need to look up what the term "blanket statement" means.

Second of all,

...and I'm not saying there weren't people that wanted the classic ones, that's your assumption.
That's exactly what you stated though, the second you used the word "they", an all inclusive term, in response to someone saying "many people", you start speaking about the "many people" as if they were all one group with one non-variable point of view. The "many" is there to say that people's stance on the subject is not a definitive one and that they(all of them) can't be grouped by all inclusive phrases in regards to the subject because they don't all have matching feelings towards the subject. But "many" of them do or don't.

By you responding to a phrase highlighting a variable group of people("many people") with a word like "they", you're speaking on behalf of them as if they all shared one opinion, which is exactly what you did:

Do you have any idea how many people actually wanted...
No, because that's not what they wanted and if you'd actually read what they had to say and kept it in your head you wouldn't be here posting what you think they wanted.

If you didn't want to blanket them, you should have said "many of those people" or "some of those people" or any number of words or phrases along those lines.

Lastly,
Speaking of assumptions, I didn't assume many meant all. Did I say that? Nope. And even though it's irrelevant, as for arguments looking "desperate", really? Insulting the argument because you don't agree with it rather than proving it wrong? Not helping anyone.
Going off of your statement you would have had to of had assumed that, unless you're saying you magically have the ability to know exactly who he is referencing in his completely ambiguous description of "how many people".

I also didn't agree or disagree with the subject in my comment, just your way of responding to it.

Last edited:

Gito666

Ninjas > Special Forces
Dude, i think boon is just joking about calling the next mk '4k' for some arbitrary reason, like the tvs. Anyone been to best buy lately? The next gen of HDTVs are called 4K HD

Montanx

Thats why they call this thing bloodsport, kid.
MK4K is probably a cyborg unit name. If he's hinting at a new cyborg.

Cyrax is LK-4D4
It was just him joking around in prior tweets that since 4K tvs were the next big thing, thats what their next game should be called. Hes essentially saying he likes how it rolls off the tongue because it rhymes.

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
He hinted the lady in the trailer to be Li Mei. But she doesn't have the sexy bombshell look she did in early mks she looks like a turkey. Hopefully she can be DLC
She better die. Like right after the scene in the trailer a Naginata goes through the wall and impales her. That'd be glorious <3

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Yes plant a GIF in there so it makes your argument look better... Your blanket statement was assuming that I assumed many meant all. Only now in this post did you decide to back it up with any sort of evidence to suggest otherwise.

Excuse me for not being literal, I meant some of them then. That should clear things up if there's any misunderstandings now :p
Is it another leak rumor gamefaqs list?
LMAO I'm not being serious :D

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Yes plant a GIF in there so it makes your argument look better... Your blanket statement was assuming that I assumed many meant all. Only now in this post did you decide to back it up with any sort of evidence to suggest otherwise.
Okay, so now you're trying to pick out things that don't actually pertain to the argument and are entirely opinion based, like whether or not a GIF makes my argument look "better"? How the argument looks is irrelevant to the argument itself that is being made.

Also my post still isn't what a blanket statement is.

Let me make it easier for you:
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Blanket+Statement

Let me make it even easier for you than that:

An assumption is not a blanket statement.

A blanket statement is a type of assumption.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
An assumption is not a blanket statement.

A blanket statement is a type of assumption.
If a blanket statement is a type of assumption then an assumption can be a blanket statement. Like if a collie is a type of dog, a dog can be a collie.

Not that I just cleared up what I meant in the first place anyway making this continuation of our discussion irrelevant or anything...

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
Lmfao!!!! Seriously though these threads are getting ridiculous around here.

And to think, we haven't even seen the worst of it. Imagine the two weeks leading to release and the 1st month after. :eek:
Just sit back and watch the show bro. The best is about three weeks after release when people with two day old accounts start making tier lists and MU numbers. Then about six months after that some nobody will tell you how to play your character after you just got back from top 16 at EVO.

It is gonna be great.

cyanide_skittle

Who am I? Jabberwocky Superfly
this is odd... from max
"maximilian @maximilian_
Just had to remove a very specific video from Youtube, and a few tweets. SORRY DOODS, stay tuned."

Video was about the leaks (kenshi sonya jax cage) Tweets were the same...was up for maybe a half hour
Really? I watched it about 20 minutes ago and basically it was just the picture of jax, sonya, and jc as well as the screenshot of possessed kenshi. Hmmmmm....

cyanide_skittle

Who am I? Jabberwocky Superfly
this is odd... from max
"maximilian @maximilian_
Just had to remove a very specific video from Youtube, and a few tweets. SORRY DOODS, stay tuned."

Video was about the leaks (kenshi sonya jax cage) Tweets were the same...was up for maybe a half hour
Also it might be worth mentioning that he was of the opinion that JC and Sonya will not be playable :D:D:D:D

Which is great because I still think JC dies. :joker: