What's new

The difference between MKT N64 and MKT PS

Noob
R.E.O. i keep remembering things haha

Stryker: can CANCEL his baton sweep by holding UP before it hits. Real good for traps etc

General: many chars can interrupt dial combos while blocking negating all blockstun and just passing by.

I CANNOT do that consisstenly but RD have that banned for Kabal cause they can somehow hit it all the time.

I know thiss is possible in umk3 with kabal, r smoke spear, kanos ball etc through slow or delayed dial combos. But in mkt n64 is THROUGH any combo.

Again I dont have the exact way to do this but I have managed it on some random matches and record it.

One of them was here in a tourney final vs Sheeva

What's the timestamp of this happeining in this video?

Matix218

Get over here!
@R.E.O.
I just picked up a copy of mkt for ps1 yesterday (don't have a n64 and I can play the ps1 version on my ps3).

How do you even go about learning combos in this game? Do you just put it on 2 player mode and practice like that (I dont think the game has a practice mode that I can find at least). Are the characters combos the same as umk3? Meaning if I want to learn the bnbs do I just go to the big thread that Tim static has on this site with all of the umk3 combos?

Also how do I actually learn to play the game? I know run jabs and run strings are a big deal in this game, what is the best technique to execute these (hold run, then release run and immediately press jab or string? Is that correct?) I never learned umk3 so I really feel like am starting from scratch in this game and dont even know where to start lol. @9.95 phil Maybe you can help point me in the right direction too. I like this game but i want to actually learn it properly. My only high level mk experiance is mk9... help your buddy Matix out! Lol

@R.E.O.
I just picked up a copy of mkt for ps1 yesterday (don't have a n64 and I can play the ps1 version on my ps3).

How do you even go about learning combos in this game? Do you just put it on 2 player mode and practice like that (I dont think the game has a practice mode that I can find at least). Are the characters combos the same as umk3? Meaning if I want to learn the bnbs do I just go to the big thread that Tim static has on this site with all of the umk3 combos?

Also how do I actually learn to play the game? I know run jabs and run strings are a big deal in this game, what is the best technique to execute these (hold run, then release run and immediately press jab or string? Is that correct?) I never learned umk3 so I really feel like am starting from scratch in this game and dont even know where to start lol. @9.95 phil Maybe you can help point me in the right direction too. I like this game but i want to actually learn it properly. My only high level mk experiance is mk9... help your buddy Matix out! Lol
Not sure if it's much help, but your best bet is going to be to watch gameplay videos. I owned MK-MK3 on home consoles, but I didn't get into UMK3 until a little over a year ago. My biggest help was watching gameplay videos.