What's new

Guide The Destroyer of Worlds. Doomsday Guide.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Expect 1,1,2 to get "Nerfed." It technically isn't a nerf because it is a bug. The 2 in the string does 7% on hit and 7% on block, clearly a bug. Also starting corner pressure with a high attack can be full combo punished in this game :(. I like doing corner pressure with 3 or 3,3. Doomsday has some amazing corner pressure with that string.
Well that's goofy. I got a body splash bug, but I gotta do some more testing...

Edit: It's a hurtbox thing...derp.

Jayroc

Hat tier ftw
3,3 safe in the corner? What's the best start to keep people in corner? I know people will start dashing under the unblockable drop.

3,3 safe in the corner? What's the best start to keep people in corner? I know people will start dashing under the unblockable drop.
3,3 is better than safe in the corner it is +10 on block! (according to the in game frame data). The best way to keep them in the corner I have found is a neutral jump body splash. Any attempt to jump or walk out is stuffed, and they are right back into 3,3, pressure.

On a side note, I will be adding in everyone combo's that they have contributed tonight when I get home, as well as frame data and chip damage very soon.

HungryforPasta

Come and Get it!
so ya umm...
It was posted that the best one bar combo was 39%,

Body Splash, close Hp xx Ex Earth Shaker
Down+mp... Back+Hp
Jump Forward Hp
land and juggle with Air Throw...

Great combo, been able to land it a few times already however the main problem is the one button hit confirm after the body splash...
Can doom do anything interesting after having his close fierce blocked? It's at frame advantage but if it's outside the corner the push back seems to kinda put a damper on any follow up pressure...

Because of this, I instead made an alternate BnB for the same meter which gives a 2 button confirm after body splash to help us go into other roots of offense if our initial body splash is blocked.

Body Splash, 2-3 chain xx Ex Earth Shaker
Down+mp,
Back 2,3,1 chain xx Shoulder Tackle

35%, 38% if we take on a meter burn after the first tackle...

HungryforPasta

Come and Get it!
we could interchange the chain proceeding the body splash between 2-3 and 2-2 seeing as how they do the same damage...

So ya, if the splash is blocked we can go from 2-2 to the command grab finisher
or if we used a 2-3 we could go for the down+1 overhead finisher which then can be cancelled into high low Earth shaker mix-ups

2-3 is -4 on block according to the in game frame data so on top of what was already listed some possible tick throw set-ups may be available as well...

HungryforPasta

Come and Get it!
Is there a trick with the timing of EX Earth Shake for some reason this just won't connect
Sometimes, cancelling into Ex ES from a close heavy will whiff due to the heavy lifting the opponent to high into the air.
and also, keep in mind that not ALL chains will cancel into specials

B1, 3 are examples

Besides the 3 scenarios mentioned, you shouldn't be having much trouble

MastererBetty

Your Tears My Strength
What I mean is I am trying to perform 2, 3, d1 3 EX ES in corner but it seems that with the timing of pressing MB seems the EX version never comes out and its always the regular

I think I gotta realize that performing EX moves isn't pressing both buttons at the same time like SF and MK and that there's a small delay

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Expect footage soon from my DD. I ll post it once we start playing officially casuals here in Greece. I think i have grasped how the character should be played atm. I ll let you guys know.

Jayroc

Hat tier ftw
What I mean is I am trying to perform 2, 3, d1 3 EX ES in corner but it seems that with the timing of pressing MB seems the EX version never comes out and its always the regular

I think I gotta realize that performing EX moves isn't pressing both buttons at the same time like SF and MK and that there's a small delay
Timing for MB can be different for each special. For ES MB u need to hit MB immediately after you hit DF2. I mess up and do his super cause i hit 3,2 and MB all at once cause i do it too fast. Now, I hate his super lol. Venom MB you have to wait till Doom connects fully or it will mess up so thats a delayed MB.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Timing for MB can be different for each special. For ES MB u need to hit MB immediately after you hit DF2. I mess up and do his super cause i hit 3,2 and MB all at once cause i do it too fast. Now, I hate his super lol. Venom MB you have to wait till Doom connects fully or it will mess up so thats a delayed MB.
Yeah, it feels easy to screw it up with a f3 cancel or even b3 cancel w/Supernova. The EX Venom isn't that bad since it can be easily hit confirmed.