What's new

Guide The Destroyer of Worlds. Doomsday Guide.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
He also seems very good at getting his opponent to the corner.
Yes, his wall carry ability is really good. Also his dash/back dash, is ridiculous as well. Same with his walk. His mobility in general is awesome.

GGA Jeremiah

Will you add the frame data and chip to this guide as well? The more I'm playing Doomsday, the more I realize that being positive on strings and setting up for a 112 chip (8% CHIP LOL) string is key to his tech.
Yes, I will add all pertinent Doomsday info and keep this guide up to date with patches. I was busy playing story mode all day yesterday, but now I will start to add your guys info into this.

The 3rd post I have reserved will be strategies and setups, but I want the game to breath for a little bit before we post that kind of stuff.

Glass Sword

Nobody
Yes, his wall carry ability is really good. Also his dash/back dash, is ridiculous as well. Same with his walk. His mobility in general is awesome.
My only issue right now with his wall carry ability is his main anti-air reverses sides and 22 grab does as well.

VOR

Noob
his db2 wall ender seems to be random on which side you will end up, which may not necessarily be bad. the ambiguity might be good in situations. i thought for a sec i might somehow be able to control which side i land on, but it does seem random. anyone have feedback on that? if i end up back in the corner. i'll just throw them on wakeup if they don't know which side to backdash towards, and then they;ll be back in the corner because his throw reverses sides. you can do df3 as an ender if you do not want the chance of changing positions.

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
After spending more time in the lab I have found strings that you should stay away from. 1,2,3/B1,3/2,2, 1+3 are all interuptable with parries while 2,2 1+3 can be full combo punished on reation inbetween the 2,2 and 1+3..... however his f2,3 is GDLK with spacing and his b2,3,1 is great in corner to set up for a 1,1,2.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
One meter combo starter 39% dmg. Jp D3, 3, Ex ES, D2, B3, jp3, Air snatch.
Okay, I've pulled this combo off successfully like... three times. Everything leading up to ex ES works fine, the section after it is no problem either. It's just actually getting the meter burn to work consistently on j.d3, 3 xx MB ES to work. Like, 90% of the time, I just get the regular Earth Stomp despite the fact I clearly see that I did the input in the side scroll, and the combo stops cold right there. WTF could I possibly be doing wrong?

I start the combo, get to the Earth Stomp section, do it, hit the meter burn, but I get nothing for it. No EX stomp. Just regular. I'm really getting quite pissed off at this. Anyone got any advice?

VOR

Noob
I've seen some interesting things like certain characters d3s going under some of his strings. So much information to take in right off the bat! These strings seem interruptable with other things, so they all probably won't jail on all characters. Probably just an obvious statement.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
My only issue right now with his wall carry ability is his main anti-air reverses sides and 22 grab does as well.
Ex Venoms should do the trick for quick wall carries, even if they are blocked. That move is ridiculous. Also 33 on hit throws the opponent pretty far away as well. Both grabs are good cause they cant be tech rolled, which can lead to easy cross-ups, throws and mix ups.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
After watching some Crazy Dominican footage and spending 30 minutes in practice mode I had a Doomsday that was all but invincible to the online community. Pretty fun stuff.

Rajjaka

Urriapáh !!
After watching some Crazy Dominican footage and spending 30 minutes in practice mode I had a Doomsday that was all but invincible to the online community. Pretty fun stuff.
where can i see CD s footage?....

by the way.... everytime i try standing 3, df2 MB.... instead of the earth shake i get the venom.... any tips?

Okay, I've pulled this combo off successfully like... three times. Everything leading up to ex ES works fine, the section after it is no problem either. It's just actually getting the meter burn to work consistently on j.d3, 3 xx MB ES to work. Like, 90% of the time, I just get the regular Earth Stomp despite the fact I clearly see that I did the input in the side scroll, and the combo stops cold right there. WTF could I possibly be doing wrong?

I start the combo, get to the Earth Stomp section, do it, hit the meter burn, but I get nothing for it. No EX stomp. Just regular. I'm really getting quite pissed off at this. Anyone got any advice?
MB comes after the special so it would be ji3, 3, ES MB.

Glass Sword

Nobody
I would like to note for anyone who has not realized it yet, but the meter burn for venom is extremely lenient. One can latterly hit the opponent see they were blocked than burn meter to make it safe.

VOR

Noob
where can i see CD s footage?....

by the way.... everytime i try standing 3, df2 MB.... instead of the earth shake i get the venom.... any tips?
I marked the archive in the "any good doomday footage?" thread on the day they did the launch tournament.

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
Anybody come up with solid corner pressure yet? I'm finding that 1,1,2 is a staple string becasue of 9% on chip..... I'm getting hit out of f2, 1 a bunch though....

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
MB comes after the special so it would be ji3, 3, ES MB.
That's how I've been inputting it. I just didn't put it that way in the combo notation because it was like... 2 AM and I was very tired.

I just can't convince the game to accept the meter burn.

Jayroc

Hat tier ftw
Its frustrating to try with release check on or negative edge. I had to turn it off in the control presets.

Jayroc

Hat tier ftw
No meter corner combos
J3, 123, D2, 33 - 33% 7 hits, cant mess that one up lol.
J3, 123, D2, 23 d1 - 36% 10 hits. If timed wrong it will put u in the corner.

Anybody come up with solid corner pressure yet? I'm finding that 1,1,2 is a staple string becasue of 9% on chip..... I'm getting hit out of f2, 1 a bunch though....
Expect 1,1,2 to get "Nerfed." It technically isn't a nerf because it is a bug. The 2 in the string does 7% on hit and 7% on block, clearly a bug. Also starting corner pressure with a high attack after jump D3 can be full combo punished in this game :(. I like doing corner pressure with 3 or 3,3. Doomsday has some amazing corner pressure with that string.