What's new

General/Other The Deathstroke Anti-Nerf Coalition

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
I would just like to say that, as silly as it sounds, if you play a Very Hard CPU AKA "I read all of your inputs," you really start to feel how Deathstroke IS at his own risk when playing keepaway.

Low guns get jumped
High guns get a quick duck then dash
Air guns get dashed under
IAGs get ducked and dashed after

While it may not feel like much, Deathstroke IS losing something valuable: space. Every single one of these movements closes the gap to Deathstroke, and in sweep range, his guns are unsafe, so they're not really worth the risk.

I know that CPUs react better than most humans can, but it still stands that DS has to make his own reads too, or he loses valuable range and space. A misplaced gun means your opponent can quickly be in your face making life hell.

This is also a global thing for characters, and it does NOT take into account individual abilities that can make life easier for a lot of characters (and there are a LOT). Lex Luthor's Corp Charge as seen in the video made by Brady punishes the crap out of DS. Raven and Ares have teleports. Green Lantern and Superman can jump the guns and punish with a downwards aimed projectile. There's just so much out there to worry about when playing keepaway that it cannot be overpowered. And if you dont have any of these tools? You've still got what I mentioned above.

I would just like to say that, as silly as it sounds, if you play a Very Hard CPU AKA "I read all of your inputs," you really start to feel how Deathstroke IS at his own risk when playing keepaway.

Low guns get jumped
High guns get a quick duck then dash
Air guns get dashed under
IAGs get ducked and dashed after

While it may not feel like much, Deathstroke IS losing something valuable: space. Every single one of these movements closes the gap to Deathstroke, and in sweep range, his guns are unsafe, so they're not really worth the risk.

I know that CPUs react better than most humans can, but it still stands that DS has to make his own reads too, or he loses valuable range and space. A misplaced gun means your opponent can quickly be in your face making life hell.

This is also a global thing for characters, and it does NOT take into account individual abilities that can make life easier for a lot of characters (and there are a LOT). Lex Luthor's Corp Charge as seen in the video made by Brady punishes the crap out of DS. Raven and Ares have teleports. Green Lantern and Superman can jump the guns and punish with a downwards aimed projectile. There's just so much out there to worry about when playing keepaway that it cannot be overpowered. And if you dont have any of these tools? You've still got what I mentioned above.
Just to add in....Black adams dive kick.....aqua man's through the floor trident.....bane's lvl 3 venom with his charge.....doomsday's trait.....knight wing has air projectiles and his staff has a fast through the floor zoning attack.....batman has the bats. I think if u really look at it.....half to 3/4's of the cast can counter his keepaway.....there is nothing broken about it. Just ignorant ppl making blind and anger inspired assumptions.....that will most likely ruin a character.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Just to add in....Black adams dive kick.....aqua man's through the floor trident.....bane's lvl 3 venom with his charge.....doomsday's trait.....knight wing has air projectiles and his staff has a fast through the floor zoning attack.....batman has the bats. I think if u really look at it.....half to 3/4's of the cast can counter his keepaway.....there is nothing broken about it. Just ignorant ppl making blind and anger inspired assumptions.....that will most likely ruin a character.
Right. Heck it might just be easier to put together a list of characters that DONT have something to counter DS's keepaway.
And you know what else? That's FINE that those characters exist. A keepaway character is allowed to have his good matchups. A keepaway character is allowed to be uhh, idk, GOOD at keepaway.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
the key is diminish the space range advantage DS has once he put himself in full screen ..... once you put DS back against wall , and cut your distance between him, and make DS try to play predictable using his spin/flip sword combinations, all zoning advantage he has, it's not that impossible to overcome .....

DS in full screen mode = deadly as hell
DS in short or middle range = bearable

RoGE

Noob
Balance patches this early? Seriously? Come on now..

@m2dave add me

lol if you nerf DS, you might as well nerf 10 other characters that are good

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Ed Boon has announced that Lobo is included with balance tweaks. I can guarantee that translates to some kind of Deathstroke nerfs. It just depends on the severity. If the nerfs are unreasonable, expect a thread by Tuesday night.
As far as I know I heard nothing on Deathstroke, so I don't think i'm too concerned about it.

Ed Boon has announced that Lobo is included with balance tweaks. I can guarantee that translates to some kind of Deathstroke nerfs. It just depends on the severity. If the nerfs are unreasonable, expect a thread by Tuesday night.
I hope the big thing is punishing rage quiters and giving u the win when someone pulls that shit.

I don't have the game yet but from what I can see he seems to be one of those character that played on an averege-good level are very difficult to deal with, at the moment I can't judge if he's overpowered or not (the game was released like 10 days ago so)but for sure he is by far stronger than the likes of Lex or Sinestro who definitely need a buff.

Geektard

Noob
As a Solomon Grundy/Bane player, I don't think any of the zoners are in need of nerfing, but rather the zoning in general needs fixed. Its far too easy to escape, and even easier to stay away once you escape. Back-dash gives far too much advantage for a game with full-screen zoning. Its fast, it goes a fair distance, and its safe. As a grappler player, my forward dashes are unsafe as all hell. I will admit Grundy's forward dashes are rather quick. However, if you can hit me from the other edge of the screen with low delay in between shots, you damn well shouldn't be able to get there in 3-4 back-dashes, having low enough delay from it to fire off zoning at me on your way.

In my honest opinion, all of the characters are pretty well balanced. Characters like Deathstroke, Aquaman, and Superman give off the imbalanced illusion because they can keep such a monumental mobility advantage over rush-downs and grapplers. As is, Injustice is a Zoner-centric game. It supports the Zoner play-style down to its core mechanics, and anyone playing a close-range character is going to be fighting an uphill battle.

Think Street Fighter, where the entire roster consists of Sagat, Dhalsim, Ryu, and Guile with Fei Long and Zangief pushed in. Now imagine they all have backdash, and that backdash has priority over specials. Both Fei Long and Zangief are CAPABLE of getting in on the zoning in this situation, but it'll take a dedicated Fei Long/Zangief player hundreds of hours of practice to crawl their way up the leaderboards with such a roster. What this imaginary roster has is 2/3s favor towards zoning. Injustice is much the same.

I'm in favor of leaving Deathstroke alone, but I see other changes that need to be made.

Srryimwhte

RM PTH
My fellow Deathstroke players,

ever since the game came out last week on Tuesday, Deathstroke and the players who use the character have been under constant attack. TestYourMight, Twitter, and Facebook have been submerged into an ocean full of tears and salt. Online scrubs and some tournament players alike are demanding that Deathstroke's zoning be toned down immediately. We cannot control what NRS decides to do, but what we can do is correct factually incorrect and/or misleading information. So if another deluded fool makes another "Deathstroke is superior to Kabal" or "Deathstroke rules all" thread on this website, do your best to counter and rectify the topic creator's arguments.

Learning a character is always difficult in a new fighting game. You have to learn new normal attacks, strings, combos, set ups, frame data, match ups, etc. A mere hotfix and/or patch can destroy months of practicing, testing, and fighting in a heartbeat. A vocal but misinformed minority can destroy all of your hard work, especially if you are tournament player.

I want all Deathstroke players' reflexes heighten. I want all of you armed and dangerous and ready to protect our favorite Injustice character. Post in this thread to confirm your participation as part of the Deathstroke Anti-Nerf Coalition. We shall not allow that which happened to Kano happen to Deathstroke.

- m2dave, Zoning Master and Protector of Zoning

Also, special thanks to REO and Tom Brady, true knowledgeable and unbiased testers.

Participants of the Deathstroke Anti-Nerf Coalition.

ABACABB
Amadeous
Breaker
CCVengeance
Crathen
DaiHuu
Dislexsik
DreadzTsung
EMP Villain
Ermaculate_Slim
fluxxshredder
FrothyOmen