What's new

The community

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
ECT4 was the worst experience I have ever had with the MK community. Before anyone starts to think that this has anything to do with critiquing how ECT4 was ran; that is an extremely minor factor. John and Joe did an amazing job with ECT4 and restructuring from all the issues at ECT3. The two of them deserve a ton of credit and I would be glad to support them in the future.

What I will no longer be supporting is the Mortal Kombat community. A lot of you should be ashamed of yourself and how you represented MK this weekend. While 9.95 was not there this weekend, that should not have slowed us down. Pheerleece knows what he is doing with the stream and was more than prepared. I run the most efficient brackets in terms of time that I have seen in our community. Summoning and Shock (Ultraspec) had all the equipment not only for MK, but all of ECT ready before any of you got there. So how did this go wrong?

The biggest mistake was not getting the full list of people for MK from John right off the bat. All the pools started at once so I was given a list of pools 1 and 2 and told to make adjustments if necessary. People who played in more than one game couldn't be moved so they were not playing two games at once. Some of these pools looked like this right off the bat: Chris G, KTSmith, Zaf, SonicFox, TOS Nerd, KevodaMan. Another pool had ClaudVonStroke in it 3 times (WNBA ClaudVonStroke, ClaudVonStroke, and BRZ ClaudVonStorkinIt)! A lot of edits were necessary, but since I didn't have a list of who was there I had to go by who I knew was around. Thank god I know the community very well; who knows what would have happened if I was some 3rd party member. And to make things even worse, people were showing up even after registration was closed. We went from pools 1 and 2 only being 8 people to pools 7 and 8 having up to 11 people! That's not fair to anyone in pools 7 and 8.

What is also not fair is how Korpse paid $40 to enter the ball room. Why, you might ask? While running pools at ECT4, I received no help from the staff outside Pherleece who was in charge of the stream and making sure that our internet connection could get back online. The reason people are given staff positions are to help run the tournament. When I would ask anyone in a pink shirt to go announce a player's name at the main stage to report to MK, they would look at me with disgust; that I had just sent them on a task that was too good for them. Let me tell you that sitting on commentary does not warrant you a staff position. Watching MLG does not warrant you a staff position. Leaving the ballroom all together for hours does not warrant you a staff position. After pools 5 and 6 had started I had been taken past my breaking point and needed to step away for a while. There were a total of 4 other staff members there. Who ran the show.... Everyone tells me it was Korpse and Relaxedstate! These two amazing people should be given the $40 that other staff members STOLE from them at ECT4.

I don't think there are many people who know how hard it is to plan, run, and place top 8 all on a consistent basis. It's fucking stupid hard.

Speaking of stealing; the reason why Pherleece had to step away from the ballroom was due to getting no sleep. The reason for this was due to over a dozen people sleeping in our hotel room in which we paid for. Of the 12 people that were in our hotel room, over half had not paid for the room; most of which had no intent to ever do so the whole weekend. After I was kicked out of my own room which I had paid more for than anyone there I went to sleep in my car. AC1984, Pheerleece, and a few others followed to their cars as well. I'm not sure how it went for others, but once I was in my car it got even worse... MikeMetroid's brother then came down, got in my car and forced me to attempt sleeping in an upright car seat. I spent most of the night sleeping on the parking garage floor.

A similar situation happened in Rapzilla's room. He was forced to spend Saturday night in his car while tons of people claimed his room without paying a cent. Only after forcing people to give him money did he earn his share back. @Danchoke left Saturday night to give his hotel floor spot to someone else after being the man who reserved the whole room and paid more than anyone else! He drove all the way back to up state New York! At least in our room everyone easily paid for the whole weekend Saturday night. Even people like @W1nterWarz offered to pay us for just hanging out in the room for a few hours!

Players at ECT4 were treated like shit. Not because of John and Joe nor the Capcom community (outside Mike's brother). MK players were treating each other with such animosity and disrespect; we should be ashamed.

Ask yourself this: Did you thank Pherleece, Summoning, Shock, Dan, Rapzilla, Storms, John, or Joe for what we did this weekend? Some of you did. Some of you are amazing people; I'm honored to call some of you friends. I've meet some new people at ECT4 that were outstanding guys and girls. But the percentage of assholes were just too high this weekend.

From here on out I will only be hosting private events, helping with the Kombat Network, and hanging out with the WNBA/VSM crew. A select few members of this community have ruined it for me. And once you ruin it for people like Summoning, Shock, and Phil - then you will ruin it for everyone! Without them you have and are NOTHING!

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Yeah I had to spend almost 200$ in gas money and other things this weekend to help everyone get to and from MLG because they, or moreso the people who promised them rides in the first place, weren't prepared.

Also I ended up getting almost no casuals in on Friday because I had to run off to pick people up (none of which I had promised to in the first place.)

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
Sounds sucky as hell, it baffles me how people can treat others, even friends, with such blatant disrespect.

if it's any consolation swift, the tournament was a blast to watch. you did a good job.

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
I second and third this SwiftTomHanks

It was a pleasure meeting you this weekend and I hope it's not the last time...I respect your decision though

You ran the brackets with ease and proficiency, I wish you did the whole tournament but you deserved a break.

I expressed my feeling to you about this tournament this weekend and you mentioned just about EVERYTHING I said to you. Only thing you missed was players not being seeded by region either.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
Sounds disgusting.
I have a feeling that more players will go to MLG events and MK will only be run at MLG events.

SwiftTomHanks will you be moving to the UK perm?
It really had nothing to do with it being an EVO event or an MK event. It was how uncivilized our own players act no matter where they are. Minor things like this happen every time, but this time it was blown out on a whole other level.

SWBeta

TYMCP 1 and 2 Creator
While a lot of things about your post was pretty fucked up, what got me the most was being kicked out of your own room, even though you paid the most amount for it.

If I paid the most for a room--hell, if I contributed, period, fuck that, I would start kicking the freeloaders out if they don't pay. If they start shit, call hotel staff/security and let them know there are intruders in your room that refuse to leave. I don't play that bullshit game. There's no reason you had to sleep on the FLOOR OF THE PARKING GARAGE. Just thinking about it is making me legitimately pissed.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
I second and third this SwiftTomHanks

It was a pleasure meeting you this weekend and I hope it's not the last time...I respect your decision though

You ran the brackets with ease and proficiency, I wish you did the whole tournament but you deserved a break.

I expressed my feeling to you about this tournament this weekend and you mentioned just about EVERYTHING I said to you. Only thing you missed was players not being seeded by region either.
It was great to finally meet you as well man!

If I had been given a full roster with player location we would have created the pools much better. I only knew to separate people by clan/group tags unless I already knew them or someone told me. Taking notes on a piece of receipt paper about who was friends with who is the best I could do.

In pool 8 (I put the people in it but did not make the actual bracket) we had AC1984 go up against 7L first round. Both of them are WNBA and both of them live right here in Philly. The people I play with the most are these two!

All of that isn't one person's fault. It's the combination of not being given a full roster, having people enter even after pool's 1 and 2 had started, and some people missed their names being called in some of them because no one would run to the main stage for me.

Wow, that sounds like fucking shit. I'm really sorry of how the weekend went down man, that really sucks.. I wouldn't have put up with that shit. That's just stupid.

AssassiN

Noob
The fact you had to sleep in your car/floor of the garage is so fucked up.
Why didn't you kick people out? You deserved some good sleep, after a day like that it wasn't worth it being nice.

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
It was great to finally meet you as well man!

If I had been given a full roster with player location we would have created the pools much better. I only knew to separate people by clan/group tags unless I already knew them or someone told me. Taking notes on a piece of receipt paper about who was friends with who is the best I could do.

In pool 8 (I put the people in it but did not make the actual bracket) we had AC1984 go up against 7L first round. Both of them are WNBA and both of them live right here in Philly. The people I play with the most are these two!

All of that isn't one person's fault. It's the combination of not being given a full roster, having people enter even after pool's 1 and 2 had started, and some people missed their names being called in some of them because no one would run to the main stage for me.
You deserve more props than you're getting for all the hard work you did. You made promises on your end before hand and while you were running the tournament they were all upheld. The whole sleeping in your car/leaving your room thing it unreal and I won't even begin to comment on that.

Main region thing was me and Edgar Inc aka TOS Nerdd (CT vs RI). We went last hit last round last game 3rd round of the tournament, he's a far superior player than me but because I play him a lot I know how to play against him. I end up going 2-2 while he gets 4th just doesn't add up, by those standings he should have run through me (like he used to ;)).

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
You deserve more props than you're getting for all the hard work you did. You made promises on your end before hand and while you were running the tournament they were all upheld. The whole sleeping in your car/leaving your room thing it unreal and I won't even begin to comment on that.

Main region thing was me and Edgar Inc aka TOS Nerdd (CT vs RI). We went last hit last round last game 3rd round of the tournament, he's a far superior player than me but because I play him a lot I know how to play against him. I end up going 2-2 while he gets 4th just doesn't add up, by those standings he should have run through me (like he used to ;)).
Ahh, again a pool 8 issue.

I feel terrible for anyone in pools 7 and 8. I'm going to see what I can do to make it up to every single person in those pools.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
I'll be leaving the MK community as well. After hearing constant downplaying of people's abilities because of their character and seeing Rapzilla leave HIS room to sleep in his car, I don't want to take part in this. I also got fucked over in my pool big time because people showed up 5 hours after the tournament started haha :p
You're pool was too stacked! I had Blackula in pool 7 with Jer and Eazail. I have no idea how he ended up in yours. It was supposed to be you, khaotix, and ghris g which alone would have been the most stacked pool regardless!

I'll miss hanging out with you man. You and your brother are awesome people.

Status
Not open for further replies.