What's new

General/Other The Ask Rain Thread

Husteen

Noob.
is anyone in the process of collecting it or something?
i read someone thank a user for rain's frame data so i thought someone had it.

BookBurning

Voidwards
Well there's speculated frame data I'm sure but there's nothing that you should go off of yet; I'm sure some people have posted what frames they think certain moves are but I wouldn't take it for much anything else than speculation.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I've got this so far...

B2 1+2, B2 1+2, 43, lightning, Roundhouse kick....

but I'm not sure what to put after that....

I usually end up with 11 or geyser kick

BookBurning

Voidwards
I've got this so far...

B2 1+2, B2 1+2, 43, lightning, Roundhouse kick....

but I'm not sure what to put after that....

I usually end up with 11 or geyser kick
Don't do the double back 2 1+2, instead do.

Back 2 1+2, dash, 11 roundhouse, 43 waterbubble, 43 lightning, 4 geyser kick. (That's assuming you meant back 2 1+2. Also I'd reset them with waterball instead of doing the 43 lightning afterwards mostly, but of course situationally.)

Also I'd only use that for a mixup occasionally with the overhead, because it is fuzzy guardable

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Don't do the double back 2 1+2, instead do.

Back 2 1+2, dash, 11 roundhouse, 43 waterbubble, 43 lightning, 4 geyser kick. (That's assuming you meant back 2 1+2. Also I'd reset them with waterball instead of doing the 43 lightning afterwards mostly, but of course situationally.)

Also I'd only use that for a mixup occasionally with the overhead, because it is fuzzy guardable
But what would YOU end the combo I posted with? The reason I asked was b/c...

I, for the life of me, can NOT land a 43 after a roundhouse (whereas I can easily land 11 almost every time) and I can't do the backwards uppercut either.

Husteen

Noob.
starting with B2 1+2?
i would use:
B2, 1+2, dash, 4, 3, roundhouse, 4, 3, lightning, dash, 4, 3, water blast.
although it's effective to use a teleport after the last 4, 3, and then use a grab, like CD jr does.
you could also throw a water bubble in there somewhere and go for the 4, 3, roundhouse cancel block string if you need meter. the possibilities are endless with rain!

i suggest only doing COMBO combos if you already have a lot of meter or you need/want the guaranteed damage.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
starting with B2 1+2?
i would use:
B2, 1+2, dash, 4, 3, roundhouse, 4, 3, lightning, dash, 4, 3, water blast.
although it's effective to use a teleport after the last 4, 3, and then use a grab, like CD jr does.
you could also throw a water bubble in there somewhere and go for the 4, 3, roundhouse cancel block string if you need meter. the possibilities are endless with rain!

i suggest only doing COMBO combos if you already have a lot of meter or you need/want the guaranteed damage.
I use B2 1+2 b/c if you get them blocking the B2 3 sweep string... then you can hit them with B2 1+2 when they are blocking low. XD

I also use:

jip, 12F4, 12F4, 43 lightning, RH kick, uppercut

and

43 waterbubble, 2, RH kick, 11, lightning, geyser kick

I was just asking for a way to finish the other combo I posted.

Husteen

Noob.
I use B2 1+2 b/c if you get them blocking the B2 3 sweep string... then you can hit them with B2 1+2 when they are blocking low. XD

I also use:

jip, 12F4, 12F4, 43 lightning, RH kick, uppercut

and

43 waterbubble, 2, RH kick, 11, lightning, geyser kick

I was just asking for a way to finish the other combo I posted.
rain's combos are very versatile so it's doubtful that any two players will use the same combo- unless it's his awesome uppercut combo!

so you had B2 1+2, B2 1+2, 43, lightning, Roundhouse kick....
his easy combo enders would be like geyser kick/water blast/uppercut/B3
but if you want even more damage use something like 43 water blast/ 43 (so that the 4 whiffs and the 3 connects) geyser kick/ 43 teleport>grab.

here's a good video for you to watch. most of these combos are not practical but it will give you a lot of ideas. one thing to mention is if you juggle an opponent for a long time and then try 43 water blast at the end of a combo, the water blast will whiff- which you don't want. and in order to do the (whiffed4)3 geyser kick combo, you have to actually input the geyser kick backwards (do a water bubble) because the opponent will get hit by the 3 and be on the other side of you.
for example, look at the lengthy first combo of this video. jip, 4, 3, water bubble, uppercut, dash, 4, 3, lightning, roundhouse (whiff4) 3, xray, (whiff4) 3 water bubble- and it should end with a geyser kick.
a lot of info, i know, but there's a lot to learn about rain! here's the video.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
@Husteen

43 water bubble doesn't work after that... I've tried it... the bubble misses every time. 11 water blast also doesn't work.

That's a great video... but almost every one of those combo's looked very similar. And most of them used that uppercut in the middle of them. =/

Husteen

Noob.
@Husteen

43 water bubble doesn't work after that... I've tried it... the bubble misses every time. 11 water blast also doesn't work.

That's a great video... but almost every one of those combo's looked very similar. And most of them used that uppercut in the middle of them. =/
no no, you input water bubble to get the geyser kick to come out and get the most damage you can. otherwise, the opponent would get knocked away and the geyser kick will miss. i was just trying to explain to you how he got a geyser kick at the end of those combos.

Husteen

Noob.
@Marcus: Vs Zoners, Rain has Xray, :en teleport, possibly regular teleport and lightning. basic teleport may or may not work so well. if your lightning trades with a projectile you at least get enough time to safely teleport/dash in but lightning only does 3% so trading isn't in rain's favor. if you land :en lightning you have enough time to teleport and combo. if it's a character like sektor who has a teleport but also zones you could try and bait a teleport for you to block and punish with one of rain's damaging combos. if you just can't seem to get it, you can duck most projectiles and take your opponent's zoning incentive away.

@bipolar_shango: rain's xray does not hit otg but it will hit airborne opponents who are on their way to landing from a jump, which is why he can combo into it after launching. his xray hits similar to his lightning.

Husteen

Noob.
i have a question!! *raises hand*

what's the most damage you guys get off of an :en lightning from full screen?

i do: :en lightning, teleport, 4, 3, water bubble, 4, 3, water blast. i think it does like 28%...... which is a disgraceful damage for rain.

sumkindofdemon

Laughing Man
ive been told thru much word of mouth from my friends that you can only play rain def others say offensive. so i'd like to know you guys whats your opinion on the most ideal way to play rain.

ty in advance

Husteen

Noob.
ive been told thru much word of mouth from my friends that you can only play rain def others say offensive. so i'd like to know you guys whats your opinion on the most ideal way to play rain.

ty in advance
well, he does pretty well in the offense department, especially with all his armor and damage, but i think a little defense against characters like kitana is good for him.

sumkindofdemon

Laughing Man
i been looking reading around the forums for rain so if this question sounds dumb pay it no attention. but what would be the ideal starters for him, meaning like his 50/50 or is it all about the rh dash cancels?

well, he does pretty well in the offense department, especially with all his armor and damage, but i think a little defense against characters like kitana is good for him.
Explain. Playing defensive against Kitana means ducking fans for the whole round lol.

i been looking reading around the forums for rain so if this question sounds dumb pay it no attention. but what would be the ideal starters for him, meaning like his 50/50 or is it all about the rh dash cancels?
Can you word this better? Like combo starters? Pressure starters?

Husteen

Noob.
Explain. Playing defensive against Kitana means ducking fans for the whole round lol.
that's actually exactly what i meant lol. if rain doesn't have/doesn't want to use xray or :en teleport to get in on a FAN-tastic kitana then just duck. there's nothing in the world she can do about it besides something else. lightning will juggle her enough for you to teleport close to her but lightning trades aren't in rain's favor because it only does 3% while other projectiles do around 8%

[MENTION=3493]sumkindofdemon[/MENTION]: everyone's gonna tell you rain's mixup isn't good because it's easily fuzzy guarded. i personally don't fuzzy guard because i think it's stupid.
some players use rain's 4, 3, roundhouse cancel pressure just because but it's best to use it when you need meter. 4, 3, roundhouse cancel, dash, 4, 3, roundhouse cancel, dash, 3, 3, etc. will rack you up a lot of meter. if you're close to having/have xray then just do a combo.

i'd say the 4, 3, roundhouse cancel is better to use because if it's blocked you get meter and if it hits you can do lightning or bubble instead of roundhouse for a combo. if his B2 mixups are blocked, he gets nothing.

Than what if Kitana has the life lead? Sitting back and letting her build meter isn't a good idea. Rushing down Kitana is always a better idea cause Kitana's don't like it when you do that lol.

Marcus

Mortal Kombat Philippines / Injustice Philippines
Than what if Kitana has the life lead? Sitting back and letting her build meter isn't a good idea. Rushing down Kitana is always a better idea cause Kitana's don't like it when you do that lol.
There goes my problem with zoners and characters with good projectiles to keep distance. Having a hard time getting in for the pressure!

Husteen

Noob.
well, my other main is sindel, a.k.a. zoner. if kitana has a significant life lead for some reason then rain's high % combos are his only hope.
kitana's fans also advance her forward so she shouldn't be doing that for long. i don't think she builds that much meter for throwing fans, either. just make sure to duck and not block. i think jumping vs kitana is bad so i wouldn't do that.

all i'm saying is sometimes the best offense is a good defense. once rain gets a chance he can go for some dominance.

here's a video of CD jr vs his brother who uses kitana!

don't mean to brag but rain pretty much did everything i said =D