What's new

The "AMAZING" video features Kung Lao + a yet 2B announced fighter! and Smoke "maybe" return!!

What did you mean?? Isn't the whole point of this thread to announce that we've got confirmation from Ed Boon that we will get another character tomorrow BESIDES Kung Lao??

I think it kind of sucks that people would whine until they pressure NRS. I don't have anything against female characters, I play Kitana, but I didn't see any reason to complain about female characters when we only had 10 characters revealed and 2 of them were female and one of the other 8 is "half" female.
What I dislike is wondering if the reveal would be the same if people were not complaining.
Pretty sure they meant a *completely new* character as opposed to a returning one.

And NRS wouldn't change their planned reveals because of gender complaints -_- that's your imagination. It's only logical to assume it was time for a new female reveal, we're up to what 10 characters after tomorrow and only 2 revealed girls so far? It only makes logical sense considering the male/female ratio of MK games, would be very poor planning to wait till the end "female, female, female..."

Alec

Noob
Pretty sure they meant a *completely new* character as opposed to a returning one.

And NRS wouldn't change their planned reveals because of gender complaints -_- that's your imagination. It's only logical to assume it was time for a new female reveal, we're up to what 10 characters after tomorrow and only 2 revealed girls so far? It only makes logical sense considering the male/female ratio of MK games, would be very poor planning to wait till the end "female, female, female..."
I never said it would be a returning character, only that we would get another character besides Kung Lao.
The ratio has been fine, and they probably won't make reveals for every character, how many female characters got a trailer in MK9?

Y'all complainin about people complainin about the lack of female characters lmao that tickles me

I better see Tanya.
What did you guys expect? 50/50 male/female roster? The majority of the cast hasn't been revealed yet, it was OBVIOUS that we would get more female characters, I just didn't see the point in complaining.
I want Tanya to return as well, and I hope her design reflects her changes from MKD, but improved, obviously.
I also want Kitana, Mileena and a new female character.

EDIT: Just want to add that I'm not even against a 50/50 roster, but that would have to be in the future. Right now it's highly unlikely, since the MK chars are mostly male, and they would have to leave a lot of big characters; and would have to either put most female characters, or create a lot of new ones.

Last edited:
New fatality Kung Lao coming soon?

the violence in screenshots bugs me more than video for some reason looks like it's a crime scene or something.
i wonder if the video will be like a killer instinct type trailer where it's mostly kung lao then it briefly shows the other character
at the end or an in depth story trailer.

I never said it would be a returning character, only that we would get another character besides Kung Lao.

Am I the only one who hopes it is another new character?

What did you mean?? Isn't the whole point of this thread to announce that we've got confirmation from Ed Boon that we will get another character tomorrow BESIDES Kung Lao??

^^^^This is what you replied to someone else After they said they hope it's a new character. Apparently you misunderstood their meaning, I was correcting that apparent misunderstanding...They obviously were aware a new character was coming and simply expressed they hoped it would be a ***completely new character***

And Boon said nothing about a Trailer for the character, he said the ****Reveal**** would be in the upcoming trailer, he did not say they would have their own personal trailer.

Everytime there's a reveal doesn't mean they get their own video, which is why I said it was about time for a new female *reveal* seeing how many male characters we know of already.

has there been a purple female character in an mk before? not mileena like dark purple or lighter pink or even better an orange female??

Last edited:

Alec

Noob

Am I the only one who hopes it is another new character?

^^^^This is what you replied to someone else After they said they hope it's a new character. Apparently you misunderstood their meaning, I was correcting that apparent misunderstanding...They obviously were aware a new character was coming and simply expressed they hoped it would be a ***completely new character***

And Boon said nothing about a Trailer for the character, he said the ****Reveal**** would be in the upcoming trailer, he did not say they would have their own personal trailer.

Everytime there's a reveal doesn't mean they get their own video, which is why I said it was about time for a new female *reveal* seeing how many male characters we know of already.
I see what you mean, @Zenfluence , I was confused by the post I replied, that's why I asked him: "What did you mean??"
And I also agree that this new video is looking like a story trailer, increasingly more by the minute, based on Boon's tweets.
;)

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
As in hoping it is not a returning character, but a brand new character like Dvorah or Ferra Torr.