What's new

Tested MameHub for Classic MK's - VERY PLEASED!

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Tried this with @nwo. Slight jitters here and there, and a few spikes in lag, but other than that, this operates really well. Granted, our ping was around the 100ms mark, and I was wireless, so things weren't as fluid as they could.

Reactions: nwo

GOL Eklectic

Surrender, it's over.
im having serious issues. haven't been able to even get the black screen. for one, when mame hub opens up it lets me know that I have not opened up the ports in my router which I clearly have, (and I have rebooted my router) also anytime I click on a game to play it, I get an error message saying the game is already in progress. then I can see my game up there on the top like as if im hosting a game. wtf is going on??

Noob
I'll be honest, for anyone that can get MameHub working, there is no substitute...it is simply the best connection for MK.

The problems, however are:
1. Basic setup is confusing
2. Requires some pretty precise steps to make it work well, thus it is easy to "break" mamehub
3. Rom auditing confuses people
4. Black screen problems (usually a video card issue)
5. Some players have ports open and mamehub shows them as not open
6. Sometimes players just don't connect.

Mamehub is still a WIP, and I'm hoping that in the future they streamline it and make it easier for more people to use it. Until then, if you're having a problem getting it to work, I suggest continuing to use Mame PPK119 with p2p connection and opening port 27886 on your router.

If you can make Mamehub work, USE IT!

Reactions: nwo

Mgo

Noob
I'll be honest, for anyone that can get MameHub working, there is no substitute...it is simply the best connection for MK.

2. Requires some pretty precise steps to make it work well, thus it is easy to "break" mamehub

Mamehub is still a WIP, and I'm hoping that in the future they streamline it and make it easier for more people to use it. Until then, if you're having a problem getting it to work, I suggest continuing to use Mame PPK119 with p2p connection and opening port 27886 on your router.

yeah in the future will be better, i remember first post of this here on 2011 or 2012 and works bad back then... I tried mame++119 but can be this emu desincronize constantly ? :confused:

THTB

I'm up for playing anything on MAMEHub, btw. TMNT:TF, ST, SFA2, etc.

Anyone wanna get on and play something?

THTB

is for pc version and only useable for windows software or can I use Linux ubuntu 14.10 if we are talking about mk mk2 umk3 ?
There is a Linux version, but in my experiences, it doesn't work as intended (doesn't audit roms at all). But I was using Lubuntu 14.04 with XFCE desktop, and a bunch of additions in dependencies and whatnot, so my experience was probably thrown off by random stuff.

GOL Eklectic

Surrender, it's over.
well, i give up. Can't get the mamehub to work, cant get mameppk to work. Did the patch exactly how it said to in my old mame32k0.64en. re audited and I see no practice mode or any changes in the game.

THTB

well, i give up. Can't get the mamehub to work, cant get mameppk to work. Did the patch exactly how it said to in my old mame32k0.64en. re audited and I see no practice mode or any changes in the game.
Practice mode is just activating the infinite time and health cheats.

What's not working with Hub and ppk?

GOL Eklectic

Surrender, it's over.
PPK all my roms are auditing incorrectly and telling me my bin files arent found when i have them in the rom folder in ppk, and mamehub is telling me that port 6805 isnt open when it is, and once its open and i click on a game to run it, it shows up top like its a hosted game or something and it wont start up. if i click on join game it just tells me a game is already in progress that i cannot jjoin game

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard

Do you have 119? We can try playing p2p on that. I have that set up with my ports forwarded.

Mgo

Noob
I'm pretty excited about tonight... there were 11 players on mamehub, of which 9 of them were MK players!

we had
@THTB
@nwo
@tehdrewsus
@Mgo
HeIsClose
@Konqrr
@eklectic
@B W1zZ

I'm excited.. more and more people are figuring it out and playing UMK3 TE on mamehub!
and the player i was playing ? lol .. i want to do a video and upload to my yt channel about mamehub to promote, but I have to put well the cool technical specifications to draw attention. Seems a cool soft, sadly i dont have fiber anymore , with that i had like 190 ms max vs any player on Americas (6 frame - playable), so I think if two players from the Americas have a great connection, could player with each other and the game will be "playable"

Last edited:

Noob
and the player i was playing ? lol .. i want to do a video and upload to my yt channel about mamehub to promote, but I have to put well the cool technical specifications to draw attention. Seems a cool soft, sadly i dont have fiber anymore , with that i had like 190 ms max vs any player on Americas (6 frame - playable), so I think if two players from the Americas have a great connection, could player with each other and the game will be "playable"
I didn't remember his screen name. Lol.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Got it working yesterday. It is still kind of a pain in the ass to get around the audit process, but it works. If people are still having issues with forwarding port 6805, make sure Windows is not blocking it in addition to your router. Windows was blocking the port for me even after I gave Mamehub access to bypass it.

Noob
Got it working yesterday. It is still kind of a pain in the ass to get around the audit process, but it works. If people are still having issues with forwarding port 6805, make sure Windows is not blocking it in addition to your router. Windows was blocking the port for me even after I gave Mamehub access to bypass it.
Once it works, it's awesome though, right? How were your connections?

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Once it works, it's awesome though, right? How were your connections?
Pretty damn flawless to be honest. Pretty refreshing after playing any other NRS game online. MK9 on PC can be really good but this pretty much craps on it. Now I just need to get good at the game...

Noob
I'm in the UK, my connection will be terrible to everyone on TYM :(
Not necessarily. I played @Mgo the other day and he's in Argentina. It was like 230 ping, and the game was fluid enough to play. A little laggy, but WAY better than playing on MKAK or via kaillera.

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
Not necessarily. I played @Mgo the other day and he's in Argentina. It was like 230 ping, and the game was fluid enough to play. A little laggy, but WAY better than playing on MKAK or via kaillera.
Thought he said there were 6 frames of delay.
MK games aren't playable with that much delay, unless you're extremely tolerant of bullshit.

Still, 250 ping on Mame would have probably 11 frames of delay, so that's a good sign.

Also I've been having some near perfect connections on PS3 MKAK with a few different friends.
Very fun!