What's new

Tested MameHub for Classic MK's - VERY PLEASED!

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Just played a solid set with @9.95 and I have got to say this is the best online i've played.

Averaging around 43ms I dont think I've ever enjoyed playing online like I just did with this. Its not PERFECT but god damn is it way better than anything else.
I will see if I can set up something with you using an old mame and older server client system. I just need to make up a zip file with the appropriate mame settings and send it to you maybe after NEC

Noob
Just tested 2 games with @Mgo and we had about 240ms delay. It was a bit laggy, but not worse than MKAK.(actually, it was WAY WAY better than MKAK) Obviously the distance plays a factor, but overall, it was very playable and bearable. The rollback netcode caught a desync and fixed it on the fly, making the gameplay seem in realtime.

nwo

Noob
I will see if I can set up something with you using an old mame and older server client system. I just need to make up a zip file with the appropriate mame settings and send it to you maybe after NEC
I know you don't play online @Shock, but what someone needs to do in the future is compile a version of Mame (with online capabilities) that recognizes the hacked MK roms (UMK2, Juggernauts Hack, UMK3:TE) so that when the roms list is refreshed they don't disappear. Also have them labeled correctly in the games list so people cannot join your online game if they aren't using the EXACT same rom as you.

Noob
I know you don't play online @Shock, but what someone needs to do in the future is compile a version of Mame (with online capabilities) that recognizes the hacked MK roms (UMK2, Juggernauts Hack, UMK3:TE) so that when the roms list is refreshed they don't disappear. Also have them labeled correctly in the games list so people cannot join your online game if they aren't using the EXACT same rom as you.
I'm actually working on that now. I'm trying to get the coder to get mamehub to recognize all the revisions and hacks, similarly to the way it does with MK2 and all the challenger hacks.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
@Konqrr, any input on your experience last night?
I was the first to test this with @9.95 and I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised. It felt way better than any online OG MK2 or p2p MAME session I've ever had (MKAK is not even in this conversation as it is the worst).

Can't wait to play TE with some of you guys when the Public Beta drops this weekend!

Noob
I have made a slight update to the package. If anyone who has already downloaded the package wants the update, PM me.

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
I wish the guy who made the MK2 and UMK3 rebalance versions, would come up with a way for people to play classic MK without ANY lag.
You know damn well the technology is available.
And he's a genius.
I'd gladly pay a monthly fee to have quality gaming.

Gave up on MameHub btw.
The roms would load and just be a black and white funky screen.

Noob
I wish the guy who made the MK2 and UMK3 rebalance versions, would come up with a way for people to play classic MK without ANY lag.
You know damn well the technology is available.
And he's a genius.
I'd gladly pay a monthly fee to have quality gaming.

Gave up on MameHub btw.
The roms would load and just be a black and white funky screen.
You definitely missed a step. I can help you.

Noob
Ok, so I'm going to try mamehub with an old ass computer I have with windows vista on it, and onboard graphics. I'll see if I'm getting some of the same problems other people are getting.

Noob
Ok, ANYONE getting a black screen (no video after launching a game) but there is sound, there is now a fix.

Go to your mamehub/mamehubrepo/binaries/dist folder, open the UME.ini file with notepad and look for:

WINDOWS VIDEO OPTIONS#video d3dnumscreens

simply replace d3d with ddraw, then save the file. Fire up mamehub, start a game and bingo, the game should work!

B W1zZ

Noob
After hours of messing with mamehub and dealing with the black screen issue/rom patching issues etc I finally played a set of UMK3 TE with @9.95 and the connection was really good. Hit me up via PM if you need links or help setting it up.

Ok, ANYONE getting a black screen (no video after launching a game) but there is sound, there is now a fix.

Go to your mamehub/mamehubrepo/binaries/dist folder, open the UME.ini file with notepad and look for:

simply replace d3d with ddraw, then save the file. Fire up mamehub, start a game and bingo, the game should work!
I would recommend opening ume.ini with wordpad since it makes the file way easier to read and edit. The video options are d3d, ddraw, gdi, and opengl (ddraw should work and you should only have to do this if you are using onboard video or an older pc). There are other configuration options that can be changed/experimented with in this file as well.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana

Fucking awesome you figured this out! Where's my Dontay at? @THTB

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Fucking awesome you figured this out! Where's my Dontay at? @THTB
I figured out the issue last night. My rom wasn't patching properly. I got it fixed, though.

Now I just have to figure out how to fix the inconsistent framerate.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I figured out the issue last night. My rom wasn't patching properly. I got it fixed, though.

Now I just have to figure out how to fix the inconsistent framerate.
Stop sucking at computers? yeah that <3

J/K ^_^

Noob
@Konqrr @B W1zZ can you guys help @Juggs and @RiBBz22 with their port forwarding issues. I tried to walk Juggs through it and I thought I had been successful because the port was definitely forwarded, and Ribbz is more than capable, but both are getting told by mamehub that the ports are not forwarded. Not sure if it's their routers or mamehub causing the problem.

B W1zZ

Noob
@Konqrr @B W1zZ can you guys help @Juggs and @RiBBz22 with their port forwarding issues. I tried to walk Juggs through it and I thought I had been successful because the port was definitely forwarded, and Ribbz is more than capable, but both are getting told by mamehub that the ports are not forwarded. Not sure if it's their routers or mamehub causing the problem.
I set a static ip on my comp and forwarded the port in my router to my comp IP address, however when I restarted my comp I got the same port forwarding message. I rebooted my router and that fixed it. Have to make sure both tcp and udp are forwarded to port 6805.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I have no idea why after @B W1zZ and I played that it would no longer connect. I'd really hate it if people playing that get disconnected have to reboot everything to get it to work again.

Went and found someone on ppk119 and played with no issues... I would love mamehub more if it wasn't such a pain in the ass!

Noob
I would love mamehub more if it wasn't such a pain in the ass!
Unfortunately, you're correct. As much as I want mamehub to be perfect, it's not. I'm hoping that the next version of mamehub is better. 3.2 or 4.0 or whatever.

I'm gonna keep working on it though.

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard

Got it, now just need to come on there and test with me since I can't host!

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
I set a static ip on my comp and forwarded the port in my router to my comp IP address, however when I restarted my comp I got the same port forwarding message. I rebooted my router and that fixed it. Have to make sure both tcp and udp are forwarded to port 6805.
I will give it a go.