What's new

ten characters better than johnny cage.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
So your anti cage tech is to hope that the other player cant hitconfirm for shit? Im not certain i have this right, do you mean you actually LET GO of block when cage f3's you? or just make sure you never block crouching?
Never crouch block cause of the random frame adv bug. After you block f3 you can always d1. Ermac for example has a 6f d1. A good mixup for example is after a blocked f3 is d1 and then dash fast and throw to get him of you. What i ve learned with Ermac is that from afar you have to make your opponent respect the TKP and from up close you have to make him respect your pokes and your throw. So you take it from there and you mix it up.

EDIT: EX nut punch is very good also but it can be countered and baited if you see JC has meter.

Block a poke and mash your fastest launcher untill they understand that they cant just blockstring you all day. Thats when the Cage matchup gets more interesting.

From the beginning of round 1 Cage has the advantage because of the red kick, or the threat of it. It will get him the lifelead on reaction to clones/fans/ice balls. So they have to come to him.
Trust this man. Didn't really take Cage seriously or invest anytime figuring out when I could get away from pressure til I fought him. Learn it, react, space, zone. Cage is a beast though. Top Cage vs. Top Player of any character in top 10 list here...either way.

Reo Kabal
CD Jr/ Tyrant Jax
CD/ Gr8one/ OSU 16 Bit/ Mr Mileena Kitana
M2Dave Freddy
Riu/Morty Sonya

vs
Dizzy/Curbo/Foxy Cage - Either way all day

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
I don't know about noob, sonya, and sub zero. Ones people learn to use the EX green ball to get in, sub and noob are not much of a threat, specially considering there both low damage output characters. As far as sonya the ex cartwheel is a problem but sonya also has to deal with ex nut punch so i think it sort of evens out. Its an interesting match up. i'd say 5-5

kabal, kenshi, freddy, reptile he really has to work for his win. Noob and kitana have a slight edge on him, i'd say 5.5 but i wouldn't consider this a horrible match up.
Cartwheel isnt the issue against Sonya, its her 7 frame standing 1 and divekick. Cages blockstrings become a 50/50 game for both players.

Cage pokes get beat by Sonyas Divekick
Cages blockstrings get beat by Sonyas standing 1

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Just saw what i wrote in my previous post and it didnt make sense at all... Thnx for bringing that up Smokey.
Yeah cheers for the advice, i think i knew what you were trying to get at, you just said never block f3 which confused me a hell of a lot :p

Cage has a tool for everything. It's just a matter of using those tools and making the right guesses. Curbo did both of those things consistently which is why he did so well.

Furb

Noob
Any character with a 6-9 frame launcher can get Cage off of them easy. Players are just too scared and dont know what theyre doing against Cage STILL.
And this is EOT. I just couldn't watch when the best players in US were standing with block, scared to death because of "f+3". There are ways to get out of this, but you need more courage to do some d+1 or armor move. Don't forget about fast uppercuts.

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
Ten characters better than Jax:

Sub Zero
Nightwolf
Jade
Sheeva
Baraka
Cage
Goro
Sindel
Freddy
Ryu

Look how good I am at making lists you guys! Here, have some more characters!

Sonya
Kung Lao
Raiden
Kabal
Kitana

IM ON A ROLL, NO ONE CAN STOP ME
I lol'd hard at this.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
And this is EOT. I just couldn't watch when the best players in US were standing with block, scared to death because of "f+3". There are ways to get out of this, but you need more courage to do some d+1 or armor move. Don't forget about fast uppercuts.
Its hard to get the balls to do anything when your balls are on the line ;)

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Never crouch block cause of the random frame adv bug. After you block f3 you can always d1. Ermac for example has a 6f d1. A good mixup for example is after a blocked f3 is d1 and then dash fast and throw to get him of you. What i ve learned with Ermac is that from afar you have to make your opponent respect the TKP and from up close you have to make him respect your pokes and your throw. So you take it from there and you mix it up.

EDIT: EX nut punch is very good also but it can be countered and baited if you see JC has meter.
Are you sure that you can always d1 after blocked f3. If you are standing (with no bug) he is at neutral, he can get you into a frame war here if he thinks you are gonna try and poke out, and obviously if you dont try to poke out you are still up shit creek.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
No. This still makes no sense. No one can react, it's a guessing game. Ok I guess if Neo enters EVO Foxy is in trouble, but he could blow up everyone with those reactions.
lol but my point is that its not cage at frame advantage its the player he faces being mindfucked which makes him so good, therefore its not really a tool of cage in game wise. johnny cage sucks everywhere but up close, do you agree with this statement? not saying i do just asking.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Are you sure that you can always d1 after blocked f3. If you are standing (with no bug) he is at neutral, he can get you into a frame war here if he thinks you are gonna try and poke out, and obviously if you dont try to poke out you are still up shit creek.
Well what can he do after i block a f3 ? Another f3 ? Ermac's d1 is faster. Even if he tries to jump d1 will catch him in air.

EDIT: His d1 is also 6f which means that whoever does it faster will win. I can always block his d1 or d3 and down poke him afterwards.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Well what can he do after i block a f3 ? Another f3 ? Ermac's d1 is faster. Even if he tries to jump d1 will catch him in air.

EDIT: His d1 is also 6f which means that whoever does it faster will win. I can always block his d1 or d3 and down poke him afterwards.
No i see what you mean, but its a neutral situation, you cant guarantee that you will get out by d1, as he can d1 you and its a war on timing so whoever got that 1 frame reactions can poke faster.

He can also block your d1 after a f3 and do the exact same back to you. These are the mindgames that fuck you, not his advantage :p

zaf

professor
No i see what you mean, but its a neutral situation, you cant guarantee that you will get out by d1, as he can d1 you and its a war on timing so whoever got that 1 frame reactions can poke faster.

He can also block your d1 after a f3 and do the exact same back to you. These are the mindgames that fuck you, not his advantage :p
if this is what fucks you, then right here this is saying that its the player and not cage no?

Metzos

You will BOW to me!

Yeap i agree. But that doesnt mean by all means that he is broken or that he cant be dealt with.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
well cages d1 is also 6 frames, so what dictates what wins then
cage wins because he is top 1. Kappa :p lol seriously tho the game automatically chooses a winner at random, dum i know

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Yeap i agree. But that doesnt mean by all means that he is broken or that he cant be dealt with.
I dont think he is broken at all, i just think that once he gets in on you he has a lot that can go his way, and for every action that you can make he will have a counter and its just mind games.

if this is what fucks you, then right here this is saying that its the player and not cage no?
No, frame data sets up the mind games, smart people just enforce them.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
no, that i know. thats with any character that you block a poke.
So in the end as you said its up to the player and i agree fully with that.

Lesson of the day: Cage is not broken or OP. He is fine. You just need to learn to adapt to these things.