What's new

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 General Discussion

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
To really master a mishima can take years depending on your execution but you can still play them effectively with 1-2 months of practice

Refer to this for mishima mastery

how many hours a day is that 1-2 months?will i be able to fight with my friends and keep up or will i need some time in order to do the same basic newbie stuff they do?

NKZero im coming for you bitch

gonna teach dem japs what no lifing really means

NKZero

Noob
how many hours a day is that 1-2 months?will i be able to fight with my friends and keep up or will i need some time in order to do the same basic newbie stuff they do?

NKZero im coming for you bitch

gonna teach dem japs what no lifing really means
we both play the same character lol....we should be trying to help one another you fool.

I'm starting to get the hang of EWGF more consistently but it's really tricky timing. If only the wind god fist was slightly safer then even an accidental mis-timing wouldn't cost you so much :(.

I've been playing a lot of Feng today though. Nice to work on an easy execution character for a change.

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
lots of jab strings give wallsplat leading to combos, so technically there's jab launchers
also stuff like marduk 2, d+1+2... I'm pretty sure that's NCc

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Why,doesn't he have any jabs that link to launchers?
Someone plays too much MK lol.

The fastest launcher in Tekken is 13f, but it is also one of the more difficult moves to perform consistently. Most characters aren't launching until 15f. So you'll generally be punishing with jabs and some knockdown options on most things, or even anything that hits hard enough and provides frame advantage.

There's no chip damage in Tekken, so you gotta be able to take damage where you can take it.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
You can turn chip damage on in options. Feels just like home.

Not that I did it lol
Yeah it's an option off by default. Idk the whole details, but as far as I'm aware, it messes with the game way too much, because of how the game flows.

Crathen

Death is my business
lots of jab strings give wallsplat leading to combos, so technically there's jab launchers
also stuff like marduk 2, d+1+2... I'm pretty sure that's NCc
Sure there are jabs that wallsplats but it's rare i think jin is the only one with a 10 frame wallsplat right? kaz hei and dj don't always give wallsplats unless at the right spot ircc

Unfortunately no marduks 2 d+1+2 doesn't NCc :( , well...i'm satisfied with dragunovs 121 NCc for 47 damage AND easily wallsplats for huge damage ;)

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
EWGF really isn't that hard,i tried to do it on SFXT and i could get it 2 out of 10 times,will take a week or two to get it 10/10 but thats it.

Crathen

Death is my business
EWGF really isn't that hard,i tried to do it on SFXT and i could get it 2 out of 10 times,will take a week or two to get it 10/10 but thats it.
That's what everyone thinks when they approach a mishima , time will take you back to reality fool!

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
That's what everyone thinks when they approach a mishima , time will take you back to reality fool!
SAY IT WILL TAKE TIME AGAIN,SAY IT WILL TAKE TIME AGAIN,I DARE YA,I DOUBLE DARE YA MOTHERFUCKER,SAY IT WILL TAKE TIME ONE MORE GOD DAMN TIME.

but why :(

how long till i master it :(

NKZero

Noob
K.O.E_18
Crathen

do you guys know how to EWGF?Share with me the time it took you and how you learned to do it.
If you don't mind taking advice from a Noob who can do it 5 or 6/10 times now, allow me to explain as well.

you do F(N) as usual. Then as you are pressing down you press 2 immediately so they are pressed simultaneously. The down button is just the beginning of the qcf motion. That's how I personally do it and find it easiest on pad so try that out if you wish.

KOE18 explained it very well to me on previous pages in this thread when I asked so he also has ideas of his own.

It's not easy even if you make a conscious decision to time everything correctly but eventually you and I and other beginners will be able to hit this move consistently.

Hope this helps.

Crathen

Death is my business
I don't play mishimas , though i've always liked them and i've messed around with combos and wd , my ewgf execution isn't that great , something like 6 / 10 but here's a good tutorial about it ( check out his channel , it's full of good stuff ) :

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
If you don't mind taking advice from a Noob who can do it 5 or 6/10 times now, allow me to explain as well.

you do F(N) as usual. Then as you are pressing down you press 2 immediately so they are pressed simultaneously. The down button is just the beginning of the qcf motion. That's how I personally do it and find it easiest on pad so try that out if you wish.

KOE18 explained it very well to me on previous pages in this thread when I asked so he also has ideas of his own.

It's not easy even if you make a conscious decision to time everything correctly but eventually you and I and other beginners will be able to hit this move consistently.

Hope this helps.
why would i ever consider taking advice from Noob?hes not even in this game ffs im asking about kazuya.

i mostly get the EWGF when i press both DF at the same time along with 2,my experience with D pause F2 has been bad,i need to press the 2 right as i press down?

fact is i can do it sometimes but that requires my total concentration and a pretty hard button hit lol,i hope i can do it impromptu with all that korean backdash crap and under pressure+while moving when i wanna pressure

looks hard

NKZero

Noob
why would i ever consider taking advice from Noob?hes not even in this game ffs im asking about kazuya.

i mostly get the EWGF when i press both DF at the same time along with 2,my experience with D pause F2 has been bad,i need to press the 2 right as i press down?

fact is i can do it sometimes but that requires my total concentration and a pretty hard button hit lol,i hope i can do it impromptu with all that korean backdash crap and under pressure+while moving when i wanna pressure

looks hard
different strokes for different folks. KOE suggested DF and 2 at the same time but I personally find it easier if I do 2 and D first then slide through to F in a qcf motion.

Yeah the problem will be doing this in a match with all the different movements to consider and being under pressure etc. It's not too hard though with practice I can tell.

Good luck with it. Also just because Kazuya is tough on execution I recommend the partner you choose for him is easy execution wise. I have Feng in mind but I might save Feng for another team since I don't think Kazuya-Feng damage output combined is very high.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
different strokes for different folks. KOE suggested DF and 2 at the same time but I personally find it easier if I do 2 and D first then slide through to F in a qcf motion.

Yeah the problem will be doing this in a match with all the different movements to consider and being under pressure etc. It's not too hard though with practice I can tell.

Good luck with it. Also just because Kazuya is tough on execution I recommend the partner you choose for him is easy execution wise. I have Feng in mind but I might save Feng for another team since I don't think Kazuya-Feng damage output combined is very high.
jins the partner

So, I'm going to take my first serious foray into Tekken, and tag/team fighters, with TTT2. And advice or tips for a total Tekken beginner? More specifically, any advice on how to crack the toughest and most obvious nut that is the character select screen? To thoes that also play VF5, how much of that is applicable to Tekken?
Here's a begginers vid from Levelupyourgame. Feel free to check out the intermediate guides as well in the spoilers:

Levelupyourgame: the basics

Intermediate vid 1
Intermediate vid 2

Also vids from Aris should help as well:

K.O.E_18
Crathen

do you guys know how to EWGF?Share with me the time it took you and how you learned to do it.
The EWGF ( Electric Wind God Fist ) command is :r-N-:qtr+2. The button (2) must be pressed within two frames of pressing df. It's better than the WGF because it's faster, safe on block, offers a small advantage on block, and extends combos for greater damage.

I learned it when I used to play T4 years ago. It's a just frame so it will take practice and patience, but it's not impossible.