What's new

Tekken 7 General Discussion Thread - OP Updated With All Tekken Info

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Aside from it's reach and push back, what are the negative on block frames on that kick he's using to space and whiff punish punish attempts? Is that Zan 4, not sure. Is it at least as punishable as Death Fist or not even?

Hmmm... Looks like I can punish Zan 4 but not Zan 3 at + 8~13
Yes F4 into Zan stance followups are punishable on block except Zan 3 and Zan 1+2, and Zan 1, Zan 4 and Zan 2 are very punishable.

The problem is that F4 seems to be safe on block, never actually saw that move being punished before, so it becomes tricky to punish jin since Zan cancel to neutral grants him a safe block, so he can abuse this to force his opponents to press buttons, if you miss judge your range EWHF, if you try to punish with a high, well... zan 4 into a full combo, still trying to duck, FF3 or EDP1 which are safe.

Also, CherryBerryMango showed a Zan 3 into B21, in T7 now juggles, on contrary of TTT2 where the Zan 3 follow up is just a demon's paw or a F4, in T7 getting Hit by Zan 3 into B21 will immediately connect a standing 4 which will go into the tailspin state (Kirimomi)

I was watching a lot of his footage, Jin definitely was hella buffed, he can juggle for mostly anything that he couldn't before.

Low parry, B3, B3~CDS1, 4 S!
EWHF, CDS3, B31, B312
WS2, EWHF, B3~CDS1, 4 S!

Basically there are a lot of ways to extend your fillers, if you know what you're doing, connecting B3~CDS1 into standing 4 will definitely be a thing

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
Yes F4 into Zan stance followups are punishable on block except Zan 3 and Zan 1+2, and Zan 1, Zan 4 and Zan 2 are very punishable.

The problem is that F4 seems to be safe on block, never actually saw that move being punished before, so it becomes tricky to punish jin since Zan cancel to neutral grants him a safe block, so he can abuse this to force his opponents to press buttons, if you miss judge your range EWHF, if you try to punish with a high, well... zan 4 into a full combo, still trying to duck, FF3 or EDP1 which are safe.

Also, CherryBerryMango showed a Zan 3 into B21, in T7 now juggles, on contrary of TTT2 where the Zan 3 follow up is just a demon's paw or a F4, in T7 getting Hit by Zan 3 into B21 will immediately connect a standing 4 which will go into the tailspin state (Kirimomi)

I was watching a lot of his footage, Jin definitely was hella buffed, he can juggle for mostly anything that he couldn't before.

Low parry, B3, B3~CDS1, 4 S!
EWHF, CDS3, B31, B312
WS2, EWHF, B3~CDS1, 4 S!

Basically there are a lot of ways to extend your fillers, if you know what you're doing, connecting B3~CDS1 into standing 4 will definitely be a thing
That Demon Paw always pissed me off, lol. My sparring partner mained Jin, looks like it's gonna be an even harder fight this time around. I'll be checkin that Zan 4 with Julia's D1+2 and ISW's, Or just back dash and hope for a whiff. Looks nightmarish at the wall. I also might be picking up this character, looks so sick! Definitely looks Top Tier in T7 so far, with the right execution.

Fuck, I can't wait for this much longer. This broken ass MKX online has made me stop playing and I need a Fighting Game soon. SFV isn't really my thing. Hope they do a backwards compatible thing for TTT2 on the XB1 so I can warm up my KBD before T7's release. Otherwise, might have to break out the old 360 which is currently boxed up, lol.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
That Demon Paw always pissed me off, lol. My sparring partner mained Jin, looks like it's gonna be an even harder fight this time around. I'll be checkin that Zan 4 with Julia's D1+2 and ISW's, Or just back dash and hope for a whiff. Looks nightmarish at the wall. I also might be picking up this character, looks so sick! Definitely looks Top Tier in T7 so far, with the right execution.

Fuck, I can't wait for this much longer. This broken ass MKX online has made me stop playing and I need a Fighting Game soon. SFV isn't really my thing. Hope they do a backwards compatible thing for TTT2 on the XB1 so I can warm up my KBD before T7's release. Otherwise, might have to break out the old 360 which is currently boxed up, lol.
Indeed, that is my current beef with Namco, eagerly awaiting a backwards compability for TTT2 in PS4 as well, for now i have to borrow my PS4 to exange with a PS3, so i can play TTT2 for a warm up to T7 while everyone else is playing catching up to my Hat Trick, lol

My Electrics are looking sweet now.

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
Indeed, that is my current beef with Namco, eagerly awaiting a backwards compability for TTT2 in PS4 as well, for now i have to borrow my PS4 to exange with a PS3, so i can play TTT2 for a warm up to T7 while everyone else is playing catching up to my Hat Trick, lol

My Electrics are looking sweet now.
The one thing about TTT2 backwards compatible on PS4 is it will be streamed and not direct, on XB1 it's directly installed on your HD. Gotta go do some chores [uch]. Be back in an hour to talk about T7. :)

Also... I got my converter on 360 so I can use a PS1 pad, don't know what I'll do on XB1... Argh!

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Watching excellent adventures on youtube and I look down the list of videos on the right. Lo and behold a nice lucky chloe online gameplay recommended just for me. I only looked up EVO and cherryberrymango T7 stuff.

@TopTierHarley, Youtube is on my side. Which means google is on my side. They want me to be best Idol.

Question to anyone knowledgeable. How easy is Baek? I was using him in T6 and i remember playing someone online that hated baek. Said if someone plays Baek, they don't know what they're doing. Or something around that theme. I always figured Baek was simple but that just meant you had to be extra tight in your gameplay to land wins with him.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
Watching excellent adventures on youtube and I look down the list of videos on the right. Lo and behold a nice lucky chloe online gameplay recommended just for me. I only looked up EVO and cherryberrymango T7 stuff.

@TopTierHarley, Youtube is on my side. Which means google is on my side. They want me to be best Idol.

Question to anyone knowledgeable. How easy is Baek? I was using him in T6 and i remember playing someone online that hated baek. Said if someone plays Baek, they don't know what they're doing. Or something around that theme. I always figured Baek was simple but that just meant you had to be extra tight in your gameplay to land wins with him.
Please, I've been watching TakTak for a while now lol

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Baek is one of the most difficult characters to use in Tekken effectively and never top tier, but he's also one of the best scrub killers in Tekken. So it's likely your friend was a scrub if he hated Baek lol.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Baek is one of the most difficult characters to use in Tekken effectively and never top tier, but he's also one of the best scrub killers in Tekken. So it's likely your friend was a scrub if he hated Baek lol.
Wasn't my friend lol. Yeah I had a feeling Baek was hard. He was pretty simple and straightforward. Everything he did seemed to lead to the same thing so you really had to work in the cancels and get those wall carry combos down. Man those were satisfying. I might be picking up hworang. My favorite combo is still d/b4, D334. Hope I wrote that right, loved hitting people with the sweeps. Him and law man.

Hey I was watching a video and Asuka seemed to do a move that groundbounced into the ending of the spiral knockdown. Are there other moves like this, where it isn't just the regular spiral but some other hit reaction into the legs up grounded state?

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Wasn't my friend lol. Yeah I had a feeling Baek was hard. He was pretty simple and straightforward. Everything he did seemed to lead to the same thing so you really had to work in the cancels and get those wall carry combos down. Man those were satisfying. I might be picking up hworang. My favorite combo is still d/b4, D334. Hope I wrote that right, loved hitting people with the sweeps. Him and law man.

Hey I was watching a video and Asuka seemed to do a move that groundbounced into the ending of the spiral knockdown. Are there other moves like this, where it isn't just the regular spiral but some other hit reaction into the legs up grounded state?
Hwo and Law are both strong in this one so that would be a good duo.

That sounds like a differently animated tailspin. They all have a few in their movelist but some have different animations than others. I'd have to see it, but there's only one tailspin combo extender with a few moves in the movelist per character to nail one.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I'd have to see it
It's at the start of the round at 5:14. I've been watching more matches and I gotta say the customization is looking good. Might be some silly things here and there but nothing like crazy costumes that are crazy out of character.

Last edited:

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
It's at the start of the round at 5:14. I've been watching more matches and I gotta say the customization is looking good. Might be some silly things here and there but nothing like crazy costumes that are crazy out of character.

Are you talking about her WR 1+2 which is a CH crumple?