What's new

Tekken 7 General Discussion Thread - OP Updated With All Tekken Info

Chloe is the prime example of the type of character I hate. Replacing a character with an imaginary fighting style, specifically created to attempt to draw in fans from a certain demographic. Garbage lol.
I didnt mind that Chloe was in the game but to have moves from other characters and taking the place of them is like a kick in the teeth to those people.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I didnt mind that Chloe was in the game but to have moves from other characters and taking the place of them is like a kick in the teeth to those people.
Yea pretty much. And to throw in the generic teenage "headphones girl who fights while having fun" just bothers me so much lol. Dancing kicks saying "one twooo one two three" just makes me cringe. The young appeal type girls like Ling, Josie, and Alisa are pretty cool, but Chloe is just pure ass to me. I would have taken 10 Eddy and Christie's over her lol.

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
100% agreed. I don't give a fuck how many people hate Capos, I was one of them before I learned to use them, which in turn taught me how to defend against them. Was one of the sickest motion captured styles in the game. Then bitches cried and cried about them, and now a real and creative martial art style is gone for some little dancing chic who says "One, Two, Three"... Bitch shut the fuck up, you killed one of my favorite characters and you sound obnoxious!

Was gonna main Christie along with my Changs. Now it looks like Chang and Josie for now. Still hoping for something else. I cannot play just one character, I need at least four in Tekken... Maybe six.

Last edited:

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
Yea pretty much. And to throw in the generic teenage "headphones girl who fights while having fun" just bothers me so much lol. Dancing kicks saying "one twooo one two three" just makes me cringe. The young appeal type girls like Ling, Josie, and Alisa are pretty cool, but Chloe is just pure ass to me. I would have taken 10 Eddy and Christie's over her lol.
OMG, we just typed the same thing at the same time, lol.

100% agreed. I don't give a fuck how many people hate Capos, I was one of them before I learned to use them, which in turn taught me how to defend against them. Was one of the sickest motion captured styles in the game.Then bitches cried and cried about them, and now a real and creative martial art style is gone for some little dancing chic who says "One, Two, Three"... Bitch shut the fuck up, you killed one of my favorite characters and you sound obnoxious!

Was gonna main Christie along with my Changs. Now it looks like Chang and Josie for now. Still hoping for something else. I cannot play just one character, I need at least four in Tekken... Maybe six.
I honestly have ignored any gameplay or trailers with Chloe in it so im gonna be in for a big shock :(. I dont actually hate the capos, they are one of the most memorable styles in Tekken. Now Lars on the other hand, :mad: guy makes my head explode!!

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
I honestly have ignored any gameplay or trailers with Chloe in it so im gonna be in for a big shock :(. I dont actually hate the capos, they are one of the most memorable styles in Tekken. Now Lars on the other hand, :mad: guy makes my head explode!!
LIGTNING SCREW! Uch...

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Haha yea I hate Lars too. His vanilla version had one of the worst upkicks of all time lol. Come to think of it, much more of the later characters I don't like nearly as much as the older ones. Nostalgia FTW!

The only time I enjoy seeing Lars is in his TTT2 ending. I think I need to try and have another character other than Jack and Paul. I forgot to ask, are moves easier to do like in revolution? I really hope not.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Yea that's Shaheen in a nutshell. Stuff that belongs in the game is in his movelist lol. Horrible design decision, but I'm almost certain he'll be toned down by release so I'm not too worried. He really is that absurd though, like really really OP.

Chloe is the prime example of the type of character I hate. Replacing a character with an imaginary fighting style, specifically created to attempt to draw in fans from a certain demographic. Garbage lol.

DJ? Probably the 2nd best character in the game, but extremely hard to master due to strict timing on some combos and having to know all his moves and when to do what. I don't think he's "stupid" like Shaheen, just really strong. But yea you're right, if he had the "10min of practice mode" braindead aspect he'd likely be complained about just as much. It's like how no one complains about Jax. Him and Shaheen are way ahead of the cast in the current build.
Shoutouts to arcades being a testing ground and modern technology.

Her fighting style isn't imaginary!!! Not to her!!!! Salt why you so ruthless? According to you she's a low tier girl. Looking at your MKx history that's right up your alley. Just read these chloe hate posts and I can't wait to play her against you guys. Here's hoping to a buffed LC come console release.

Then I hope they make some good changes to DJ. Personally I don't like seeing really good characters because it might be harder to pull of their dirty stuff. Not saying thre can't be hard execution characters but it shouldn't be the reasoning behind having a clear top tier.

Anyone got any good player names for these characters: Law, Leo, Lucky Chloe, Jack, Gigas, Katarina, Josie, Hwoarang, Steve.

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
Last edited:

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Hoping to see these characters make it in...
Me too mayne, I'll take just Anna or Zafina just fuck give me someone I'll actually give a shit about -__-
i thought I'd like Shaheen coz we from the same hood and all (Arabic) but he fights with a made up fighting style that has nothing to do with him being arabic, and the way he speaks is like google translate. It's like super formal arabic that no one has really used since the Pharoah times.. Him being broke doesn't help either, I generally can't enjoy characters that people flock to coz they're top tier :/

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
Me too mayne, I'll take just Anna or Zafina just fuck give me someone I'll actually give a shit about -__-
i thought I'd like Shaheen coz we from the same hood and all (Arabic) but he fights with a made up fighting style that has nothing to do with him being arabic, and the way he speaks is like google translate. It's like super formal arabic that no one has really used since the Pharoah times.. Him being broke doesn't help either, I generally can't enjoy characters that people flock to coz they're top tier :/
Maybe he'll be cool after he gets toned down a bit. I like his design over Cladio's. Although I'll probably just stick with Feng if I rock any male characters, unless Eddie makes it in [Wants Christie].

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I think during evo there was actually a dude named shaheen there and said people named shaheen aren't usually from wherever the character is from. All this is actually surprising to me because I thought Harada really went all out when trying to include different nationalities and fighting styles. But it seems T7 is the one they went more audience attracting with the cast. (Claudio, Lucky Chloe, Gigas, Jack-7's new tokyo drift lights. Kasumi summoning tigers.)

Last edited:
I can appreciate that. When you look back and really see just how many risks T4 took all at the same time, it's really impressive.

And you're 100% right. We've just been getting slightly shittier and shittier DR for a long time now. Is it really any shock that MKX with its variation system or SFV with its V-Trigger system, are attractive massive audiences, while Tekken literally has the same group of core dudes who have been playing forever? Harada is slowly killing Tekken by simply rereleasing the same game over and over. Considering how much I love Tekken, it makes me sad.
So much this. I remember playing Tekken 2 and 3 to death. But the games have barely changed since the 90's. It's literally the same game over and over again.

And people have the gaul to complain about Call of Duty.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
I think during evo there was actually a dude named shaheen there and said people named shaheen aren't usually from wherever the character is from. All this is actually surprising to me because I thought Harada really went all out when trying to include different nationalities and fighting styles. But it seems T7 is the one they went more audience attracting with the cast. (Claudio, Lucky Chloe, Gigas, Jack-7's new tokyo drift lights. Kasumi summoning tigers.)
Yeah I know the dude you're talking about, I've played in the Dubai FGC tournies before when I go visit my family. He's right Shaheen is an old name that's only really used in UAE and Kuwait, it means falcon so I thought maybe that's why they picked it to give him something related to that, or maybe the fuckin SWORD he has with all the godamn time but nope.. just another Lars/Miguel/Bob/(insert recent Tekken character with a BS made-up fight style) with a beard and an arabic garment for no reason really. Yes I'm mad, I would've even taken a full-on racist movelist over his current one; fuckin Camel summoning,flying carpet hopkick, Genie unblockables, oil backdash, make it rain charge up, exploding suicide move, actually using the sword even if it's for a dance special that makes Aladdin's soundtrack play ala Blazblue's Bang Install.. all that nonsense... would've at least made him interesting/unique <__>

TL;DR Fuckin Shaheen, bullshit ass design.

Also if you notice, so far all the new characters have a brawler/made up fighting style. I'm not counting that cunt that replaced Bruce, fuck all that shit..
Zafina was the last decent addition since Feng and Raven, represented a new region and had a legit fight style plus she was hella dope. Leo gets a shoutout but I still don't like her and I think she has the same issue as Shaheen where she's German just to be German, then again it's nothing new to the series to have that problem so whatevs. I'm just oozing salt lol

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Yeah I know the dude you're talking about, I've played in the Dubai FGC tournies before when I go visit my family. He's right Shaheen is an old name that's only really used in UAE and Kuwait, it means falcon so I thought maybe that's why they picked it to give him something related to that, or maybe the fuckin SWORD he has with all the godamn time but nope.. just another Lars/Miguel/Bob/(insert recent Tekken character with a BS made-up fight style) with a beard and an arabic garment for no reason really. Yes I'm mad, I would've even taken a full-on racist movelist over his current one; fuckin Camel summoning,flying carpet hopkick, Genie unblockables, oil backdash, make it rain charge up, exploding suicide move, actually using the sword even if it's for a dance special that makes Aladdin's soundtrack play ala Blazblue's Bang Install.. all that nonsense... would've at least made him interesting/unique <__>

TL;DR Fuckin Shaheen, bullshit ass design.

Also if you notice, so far all the new characters have a brawler/made up fighting style. I'm not counting that cunt that replaced Bruce, fuck all that shit..
Zafina was the last decent addition since Feng and Raven, represented a new region and had a legit fight style plus she was hella dope. Leo gets a shoutout but I still don't like her and I think she has the same issue as Shaheen where she's German just to be German, then again it's nothing new to the series to have that problem so whatevs. I'm just oozing salt lol
LOL damn I feel disrespected for you just from reading that.

What about Katarina? I thought she had a more realistic fighting style. I don't know if they officially gave her one like they did Josie. Just read Leo practices a chinese martial art . . . Does Germany have any fighting styles???

Oh and I liked Bob and Miguel's made up fighting styles. Bob felt like a cheesy kung fu movie with all those flips. It was only made better by the fact he was fat. Miguel's was cool and I thought it went with the whole "sister dead so I just want revenge thing". But his doesn't seem as cool as Bob or the mishimas.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Just saw a twitter conversation and someone said Tekken is a game where buttonmashing scrubs have beaten veterans . . . There is no way I could believe that with how prior T7 tekken played. There is just way too many non casual ways to get bopped.

But has there been a case where someone who clearly looked like they didn't play Tekken at a high level still manage to make a decent showing in a tourney?