What's new

General/Other - Tanya Tanya SHOULD be normalized.

What do you think about the normalizations?

• Total voters

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Ladies and gentlemen, my name is m2dave and I am a Tanya player. People ask me regularly "Dave, how good is Tanya?" and there is not an ounce of a Smoke or a Martian Manhunter player in my body to look them straight in the eyes and say "mid tier". Likewise, I cannot pull a Scorpion player and tell them to take the last hit of some semi-block infinite combo, not that Tanya has any (unless you are a concerned Quan Chi player). I cannot force myself to downplay and lie to people as certain others do on a daily basis, so while I am in no way, shape, or form affiliated with NRS, the following are (and what I perceive as) my reasonable Tanya normalizations. Remember that I would normalize other S tier characters too in order to make the game more enjoyable for everyone.

Teleport
(in general) - remove all invincibility frames that are exclusive to avoiding physical attacks. Keep all invincibility frames that are exclusive to avoiding projectiles.

Forward teleport
- increase the start up of the forward teleport to 12 frames.

Back teleport
- the back teleport is currently listed as having 1 frame of start. I cannot confirm the start up as 1 frame because I have no means of testing a move that backtracks and does not hit. Nonetheless, I would increase the start up to 12 frames.

EX teleport - remove the block advantage on the forward EX teleport and increase the start up to 12 frames.

What do you think?

CJKRattlehead

Two men enter, one man leaves!
This sounds reasonable, What is this!?!

EDIT: anything more than this though would be a big mistake this early

Last edited:

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
What is a shame is that one of the few characters in the game that is really different to play against will nerfed to the hilt. She will no doubt be nerfed to the point that she is useless ala Kano MK9. It seems that no one likes playing against any characters that play by different rules (eg Sub Zero) and rather than figure them out, people call to nerf them.

Oh well... at least we can go back to the arguments of how boring the game is because it rewards only one style of play.

CJKRattlehead

What is a shame is that one of the few characters in the game that is really different to play against will nerfed to the hilt. She will no doubt be nerfed to the point that she is useless ala Kano MK9. It seems that no one likes playing against any characters that play by different rules (eg Sub Zero) and rather than figure them out, people call to nerf them.

Oh well... at least we can go back to the arguments of how boring the game is because it rewards only one style of play.
You aren't referring to dave's propossed changes are you?

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I think the frames are negotiable, it doesnt have to be 12. The point is 7 frames is WAY too fast. She can get out of any pressure in the game for no meter pretty easily.

CJKRattlehead

Seriously? Already a Tanya normalized thread? At least wait until Predator comes out man!
Predator is out next week if the rumors are correct (still praying tremor comes first I don't wanna wait :() so this would be when predator comes out.