What's new

General/Other - Tanya Tanya Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KombatNerd

Justice 4 Firestorm
Would be nice if her second color was purple like in MK4! But it could create some conflict with Mileena, so maybe black/grey/silver like her other MK4 color would probably suit her really fine :D
I would love the purple also.

The devs have mentioned color scheme doesn't matter back with people thought Tanya wouldn't be in because D'Vorah also has yellow and black.

ErMac333

Noob
I would love the purple also.

The devs have mentioned color scheme doesn't matter back with people thought Tanya wouldn't be in because D'Vorah also has yellow and black.
Yeah, you're right, if people read D'Vorah koncept art, they'll also find out she's yellow and black for the exact same reason as Tanya. It's supposed to represent her treacherous and backstabbing personality.

I'm still a little salty that basically D'Vorah stole Tanya's role :-/
Yeah, that is definitely brought up in her talk against Shinnok where he says another insect or something and she says She is not d'vorah and he says they bother matter not or something along those lines. I wonder what Tanya will do in MK11 since D'vorah took her role is his timeline

Yeah, that is definitely brought up in her talk against Shinnok where he says another insect or something and she says She is not d'vorah and he says they bother matter not or something along those lines. I wonder what Tanya will do in MK11 since D'vorah took her role is his timeline
Tanya mostly will not be in MK11 just like Jade was not in MKX. Btw Tanya looks like janet jackson

AcCooper20

Chilled to the Core
I wouldn't be surprised if D'Vorah's role was initially written for Tanya and then they decided to give it to a new character and put Tanya as DLC. Well if you believe her leaked arcade ending
She ends up a prisoner of Kotal Kahn, so perhaps she becomes a sort of reluctant ally/informant for him or maybe escapes and joins with Kitana and Liu Kang

I wouldn't be surprised if D'Vorah's role was initially written for Tanya and then they decided to give it to a new character and put Tanya as DLC. Well if you believe her leaked arcade ending
She ends up a prisoner of Kotal Kahn, so perhaps she becomes a sort of reluctant ally/informant for him or maybe escapes and joins with Kitana and Liu Kang
Possibly so, I'm sure she will always be on the winning side of things

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
I figure they wanted to make the betrayer a different character to surprise the audience. We would've seen it coming with Tanya. I actually like the irony of her being so pro-Edenia this timeline. (I'm sure she just wants to rule it herself, of course. God bless.)

It's D'Vorah who actually seems shit out of luck plot-wise for MKXI, since Shinnok's out of commission. I guess she can maybe team up with Liu Kang and Kitana? Tanya meanwhile has a lot of plot potential with her leaked ladder ending.

AcCooper20

Chilled to the Core
I don't think that its fair to say that she hated Edenia in the previous timeline or actively wanted it destroyed...I think its more of she made the decision to save herself at the expense of her homeland. She never had to make that decision in the new timeline so she remained on Edenia's side. Plus in one of her previous timeline biographies she mentions that she longed to return to Edenia because it was her homeland (or something like that) even after she had betrayed it to Shinnok.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
I don't think that its fair to say that she hated Edenia in the previous timeline or actively wanted it destroyed...I think its more of she made the decision to save herself at the expense of her homeland. She never had to make that decision in the new timeline so she remained on Edenia's side. Plus in one of her previous timeline biographies she mentions that she longed to return to Edenia because it was her homeland (or something like that) even after she had betrayed it to Shinnok.
Well, we don't know exactly when she made contact with Shinnok. It seemed like she let him in on purpose, but it's also possible that she was duped and decided to go along with it once he revealed himself.

But for sure, I don't think she hates Edenia. I just think it's ironic that this time she's the one working so hard to free it from Outworld, when she was the one who nearly destroyed it last go-round -- and tried to help Shao Kahn recapture it in Deception.

AcCooper20

Chilled to the Core
Well, we don't know exactly when she made contact with Shinnok. It seemed like she let him in on purpose, but it's also possible that she was duped and decided to go along with it once he revealed himself.

But for sure, I don't think she hates Edenia. I just think it's ironic that this time she's the one working so hard to free it from Outworld, when she was the one who nearly destroyed it last go-round -- and tried to help Shao Kahn recapture it in Deception.
I'm pretty sure she knew what she was doing when she let in Shinnok. What it never reveals is why she did it. My guess is that she knew that Shinnok's all powerful demon army was planning to attack Edenia so she offered her assistance in exhange for being spared once he arrived and took over. As she has said in her one her biographies "I've lived for thousands of years because I make the right decisions"

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
I'm pretty sure she knew what she was doing when she let in Shinnok. What it never reveals is why she did it. My guess is that she knew that Shinnok's all powerful demon army was planning to attack Edenia so she offered her assistance in exhange for being spared once he arrived and took over. As she has said in her one her biographies "I've lived for thousands of years because I make the right decisions"
Yeah, I always assumed she let him in on purpose in return for a promise that she'd be spared. God, I love her. I'm so glad she's back.

Jyakotu

The traitor to Edenia and to all the realms!
June 9th, I'll finally have a reason to play this game again and actually learn it.

Status
Not open for further replies.