What's new

General/Other - Kobu Jutsu Tanya Kobu Jutsu Discussion Thread

Lanqu

Noob
Played fixed Tanya this week, well runaway game is rather ruined now. Almost each time I've used back TP I ve got punished by run on reaction. Pretty much useless move now

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Played fixed Tanya this week, well runaway game is rather ruined now. Almost each time I've used back TP I ve got punished by run on reaction. Pretty much useless move now
As soon as you land you can cancel into any normal or special move. I usually cancel into tonfa to get them if they are jumping or running.

Lanqu

Noob
As soon as you land you can cancel into any normal or special move. I usually cancel into tonfa to get them if they are jumping or running.
Well, yeah, that could help if you land so far from them. But unfortunatelly they have enough time to run all the way and land meaty long reaching move. The only your option is to risk using armor but it is to dumb to use armor each time. Its event looses its sense as runaway game. Its eaier just not to throw this move ever, just keep your frametraps going and use regular backdash..
If things keep going that way NRS will remove invincibility on ground dash as well ^_^ Its too OP.

Zoidberg747

Well, yeah, that could help if you land so far from them. But unfortunatelly they have enough time to run all the way and land meaty long reaching move. The only your option is to risk using armor but it is to dumb to use armor each time. Its event looses its sense as runaway game. Its eaier just not to throw this move ever, just keep your frametraps going and use regular backdash..
If things keep going that way NRS will remove invincibility on ground dash as well ^_^ Its too OP.
You are not understanding, as it is now you can cancel as soon as you land, nullifying the recovery frames. You can still back tele and go into tonfa as soon as you land. I should know as it has always been a crucial part of my strategy.

Johnny San

Shazzy's Biggest Fan
What are the BnBs for Kobu? Looking for Corner and Midscreen. Also looking for combos which start off with Ex-Teleport.

Zoidberg747

What are the BnBs for Kobu? Looking for Corner and Midscreen. Also looking for combos which start off with Ex-Teleport.
Easiest EX tele combo is EX tele ji3 tele njp 34 db4. If you do it when your opponents in the corner you will stay on the same side when you EX tele, something to keep in mind.

I do the same combos in the corner that I do midscreen.

Crimea

Noob
Corner
b1 2+4 > df2 df1 exdf2 > njp > d2 > grab (38%)
b1 2+4 > df2 df1 exdf2 > njp > 4 > b1 2+4 df2 df1 df2 (40%)
b1 2+4 > df2 df1 exdf2 > njp > d2 > b1 2+4 df2 df1 df2 (41% but out of the corner)

Last edited:

Lanqu

Noob
Guys, who've solved the issue when TP cancel into b3, f2 etc turns into specials?
For example when I cancel TP into f2 I get df2 special. I dont want to turn on diagonal inputs =(

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Guys, who've solved the issue when TP cancel into b3, f2 etc turns into specials?
For example when I cancel TP into f2 I get df2 special. I dont want to turn on diagonal inputs =(
It is still a big issue. I usually only use f2 or b3 xx after blocked ex tonfa or df2 df1 on hit.

Zoidberg747

What is tanya general footsie tools and pressure strings that you guys use?
What Fly said plus b31. It has ass range but catches people a lot in pressure situations.

I also use EX Rekka to get in sometimes as it is armored and (relatively) safe.