What's new

General/Other - Kobu Jutsu Tanya Kobu Jutsu Discussion Thread

kevkopdx

Noob
I find this variation hard to land her big combos with when actually in battle. Practice I can nail all her bnb's but not when it counts. I have to switch to Pyromancer
ya i feel the same way but im sticking with this variation for now... losing a lot but slowly getting there.. i find connecting some of strings hard with lag

supernumian

Triborg Enthusiast
It seems that I can do the full df2 df1 df2 strings connected all the time in practice mode.
However, I'm not be able to do that online during a battle.
Any suggestion, beside, practice, practice, practice?

I feel that in Kobu Jutsu since so far her combos will get between 26 and 40% on average with between 0-2 bars of meter (2 bars for 39 or 40 is a waste. I'm sorry.), it'd be better to keep your opponent standing if your combo has the mb tonfa toss in it. Say B1, 2+4, mb tonfa toss, B1, 2+4 into two hits of the rekka chain will get you 28% and it keeps them standing for B1, B3, cancels to teleport, teleport cancels, etc. etc. etc. as the king from The King and I would say. Her possibilities are limitless in Kobu Jutsu. To me, I've found that to be the ultimate reason why this stance thus far is the best one she has in terms of versatility. She's literally a jack of all trades.

kevkopdx

Noob
I feel that in Kobu Jutsu since so far her combos will get between 26 and 40% on average with between 0-2 bars of meter (2 bars for 39 or 40 is a waste. I'm sorry.), it'd be better to keep your opponent standing if your combo has the mb tonfa toss in it. Say B1, 2+4, mb tonfa toss, B1, 2+4 into two hits of the rekka chain will get you 28% and it keeps them standing for B1, B3, cancels to teleport, teleport cancels, etc. etc. etc. as the king from The King and I would say. Her possibilities are limitless in Kobu Jutsu. To me, I've found that to be the ultimate reason why this stance thus far is the best one she has in terms of versatility. She's literally a jack of all trades.
you might as well crossup for an extra 2%
b1,2+4, tonfa mb, crossup j1 or 2, b1,2+4, df2, df1 is 30%

xXstealthflameXx

Finding a Main
It seems that I can do the full df2 df1 df2 strings connected all the time in practice mode.
However, I'm not be able to do that online during a battle.
Any suggestion, beside, practice, practice, practice?
Exactly. Online I constantly only get one or two instead of the full 3 hits. I suggest doing df2 pause then quickly df1 df2.

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
Try this:
B1,2+4-mbDF1-Ji1-B1,2+4-DF2-DF1 it´s 30% and you have +10 frames and your opponent standing and close. Nearly a free B31-.....

I used to end the strings on hit into DF2-DF1 ,very,very useful

Exactly. Online I constantly only get one or two instead of the full 3 hits. I suggest doing df2 pause then quickly df1 df2.
Try this:
B1,2+4-mbDF1-Ji1-B1,2+4-DF2-DF1 it´s 30% and you have +10 frames and your opponent standing and close. Nearly a free B31-.....

Both are good suggestions. Although, it depends on positioning. A ji2 or ji1 to put the opponent closer to the corner and get the extra 2% would be the only way they could help. Either way good stuff.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
you might as well crossup for an extra 2%
b1,2+4, tonfa mb, crossup j1 or 2, b1,2+4, df2, df1 is 30%
Try this:

Yup...all these people think naganata is the best or pyromancer is the best when the reality is that Kobu has the best normals and grounded damage.

The combo and strat listed above is my goto setup. Any damage you lose for not launching them is gained back in both chip and meter gain with a chance to relaunch into a new combo.

not to mention, if they try to armor out you have armor breaking options in b2 and ex df2. Super fun. I have a video coming specifically for this variation later today.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Yup...all these people think naganata is the best or pyromancer is the best when the reality is that Kobu has the best normals and grounded damage.

The combo and strat listed above is my goto setup. Any damage you lose for not launching them is gained back in both chip and meter gain with a chance to relaunch into a new combo.

not to mention, if they try to armor out you have armor breaking options in b2 and ex df2. Super fun. I have a video coming specifically for this variation later today.
You won't believe what i've just found with Kobujutsu:D <----- My face right there!

Where is the Tanya council? If there is one, add me and @vegeta as well, if not, someone starts one pls.

AssassiN

Noob
You won't believe what i've just found with Kobujutsu:D <----- My face right there!

Where is the Tanya council? If there is one, add me and @vegeta as well, if not, someone starts one pls.
Just share man :).

I'm liking Kobu more and more, really need to hit the lab and figure Tanya out more.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Just share man :).

I'm liking Kobu more and more, really need to hit the lab and figure Tanya out more.
Fly already posted yesterday, it was the skarlet like blockstring that can be done 4 times if they're blocking standing by doing 112~ex tt, 112~ex tt, 112~ex tt, 112~e tt, but its not completely accurate because some characters can neutral crouch at some distance.

To prevent that for happening, i mix B1,2+4 since the second hit of B1 is overhead they're forced to stand again so i keep doing the blockstring or yolo spin kick since they're too worried with B1,2+4 overhead.

Kobujutsu is very solid.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Fly already posted yesterday, it was the skarlet like blockstring that can be done 4 times if they're blocking standing by doing 112~ex tt, 112~ex tt, 112~ex tt, 112~e tt, but its not completely accurate because some characters can neutral crouch at some distance.

To prevent that for happening, i mix B1,2+4 since the second hit of B1 is overhead they're forced to stand again so i keep doing the blockstring or yolo spin kick since they're too worried with B1,2+4 overhead.

Kobujutsu is very solid.
Eddie, I can add you to PMs man. Which one of the mods did you piss off?

projectzero00

nomnomnom
There's a combo I've been struggling to land with her. After df2 df1 exdf1, I am trying to jump kick, teleport jump punch but I can't get the timing right. I've seen people land it and it does some good damage in combos but it seems exdf2 doesn't leave the opponent in the air enough time for me to hit the jump kick. I've tried to just start the combo with njp to get them in the air, instead of the 2nd exdf2, to see if I can get the timing right and I do. It's just after exdf2 that I can't do it. I try to press 3 as soon as I get her in the air (like in MK9 I used the jump kick - telelick - air sai combo with Mileena a lot and I always landed it) but it just works 2/10 times in MKX. Anyone have any suggestions?

kevkopdx

Noob
There's a combo I've been struggling to land with her. After df2 df1 exdf1, I am trying to jump kick, teleport jump punch but I can't get the timing right. I've seen people land it and it does some good damage in combos but it seems exdf2 doesn't leave the opponent in the air enough time for me to hit the jump kick. I've tried to just start the combo with njp to get them in the air, instead of the 2nd exdf2, to see if I can get the timing right and I do. It's just after exdf2 that I can't do it. I try to press 3 as soon as I get her in the air (like in MK9 I used the jump kick - telelick - air sai combo with Mileena a lot and I always landed it) but it just works 2/10 times in MKX. Anyone have any suggestions?
try hitting the jump 3 later than u think u should, closer to the top of her jump arc

Well this combo looks cool even if it's not practical, it is possible to do it midscreen just the timing is weird, obviously there's a lot more optimal things to do in the corner and easier options midscreen that do more damage:

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
This character has everything I like about my other characters all wrapped up into one.

New main here I come.

Edit: If you are looking to close out a round and your opponent doesnt have meter, b1 2+4 EX Toss 4X does about 25% chip. It can only be escaped with an armored reversal from what I can tell.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
This character has everything I like about my other characters all wrapped up into one.

New main here I come.

Edit: If you are looking to close out a round and your opponent doesnt have meter, b1 2+4 EX Toss 4X does about 25% chip. It can only be escaped with an armored reversal from what I can tell.
Join us...Tanya is that sexy drug addict we all love to hate and hate to love.

@Zoidberg747 knows what I mean

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
Guys, Tanya is a hope for me to get back into the game. I've dropped MKX a while back ago cause...well i didnt have the pleasure with any characters so far - transferring from Skarlet. Cassie is not even half complex as Skarlet was. Tried Scorpion and didnt like the gameplay either. Back to topic - is there any guide, I dont really know where to start, dont have that much free time either to explore her in lab like i use to with Skarlet. Any suggestions, tips would be appreciated.

D. R.

Noob
So I'm learning this whore finally. EN Rekka having two hits of armor along with her insane chip and meter building is just too good to pass up. Shout outs to those "nerfs." Lol