What's new

Tancharoen parts ways in his Mortal Kombat career, "I wish everyone in the movie big success"

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
@ Glortor, the polar opposite if anything. MK anime would SUCK. MK isn't anime and shouldn't be animeish, it's MK, not SF...we saw SF trying to be like MK and look how that turned out? Nuff said lol.

Besides, anime is overrated. Some is good but some is god awful, I'd rather see a WB CGI MK film using a dark art style that could also work possibly.

Over my dead body.... The last thing I want to see in life is an 8-penised Sheeva.

Thank you!!! MK anime=would kill MK in a big way...keep MK as far away from the japanese and anime as possible!!!

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
I haven't seen the second season of MKL but I really liked parts of the first season. Other parts I didn't like so much. I almost don't think it matters who directs as long as it has a really good script. and on a side note not everything needs the Michael Bay or Snyder/Nolan treatment to be a good movie. In fact I blame them for why so many movies are the way they are now. I feel like the moviemakers think every big movie either needs to be turbo epic in scale or super-grounded in reality. Then if the movie fails at delivering this it gets a harsh review because it isn't one of those movies or gets a bad review because it is trying to be like one of those movies.

Really though, I can't imagine how they will do the film unless they do a retelling basically of MK1. I mean, that really is in essence what the game is based on. the sequels were Shao Kahn and others breaking the rules. So they sorta need that initial tournament as a backbone.

Gumby

Noob
The Only thing that could right this wrong would be if the director of "The Raid: Redemption" were to take over as director.

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
Seen what they did to the last mk animated right?
Blame terrible writers, directors, and animators for all of that. Also, every MK animated series was aimed at kids. MK could easily be turned into a gritty badass animation series with PLENTY of storytelling depth, the problem is who's going to fund it and who's going to watch it/buy it?

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Blame terrible writers, directors, and animators for all of that. Also, every MK animated series was aimed at kids. MK could easily be turned into a gritty badass animation series with PLENTY of storytelling depth, the problem is who's going to fund it and who's going to watch it/buy it?
Alright. What I mean is, the creation of media involving another's copyright property comes with an enormous amount of issues, negotiation and re-re-re-re-reading of a storyboard usually written by somebody not at all entitled and generally disinterested in the whole ordeal just wanting their money already. So the guy writes something, sends it in, the producer negotiates with the original owner, over and over several times.
Typically in the case of fighting games (and games in general) the owners do not care to see a storyline with more depth than their original game lest the game "loses prestige" or somesuch. A matter of pride in many cases, too.
I'd love to see a Mortal Kombat written by somebody like Bendis or Gaiman. Not happening.