What's new

Syco... Real or Fraud???

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
Lots of interesting information to read. I'm planning to keep my preorder and let it ride. Its good of everyone to share their information so we'll just keep watch and see what happens next.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Me too but why did you order both and not the exclusive one (with the hand that comes off) only?
I've ordered and paid for 2 Sonya and 1 Sindel ones.
I broke my last Sonya one it was a traumatic experience lol
There was a accident with the first one, I thought I didn't order it lol but now I'll be getting both versions I'm kool with it :) I'd love to get my hands on the kitana one as well.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Also here is a link to the kind of people SYCO let's make important decisions "Kingofhobbies" aka "Abdel" is one of the top scum bags in the company and has been banned from pretty much EVERY forum out there. Take away from it what you may, just keeping you all informed. This is the man that caused most of this trouble, and he is the reason Erick Sosa would no longer work with SYCO, because SYCO ceo jonathon/darren martin swore up and down he had cut all ties with Abdel and it turned out he had not.
http://www.statuemarvels.com/f276/kingofhobbies-controversy-22333.html

from a distributor that has dealt and got burned dealing with SYCO. This was posted on the SYCO facebook and then was deleted by syco shortly after:

"Piet Lubbe: I dealt with Jonathan about 6 months ago. I was supposed to be the distributor for South Africa. The first order reached me in a week. Thought the service was great until I put in a bigger order. Waited more than 4 months and sent countless e-mails just to receive one excuse after the other. This after I promoted their products and already had a lot of orders lined up. In the process my name got tarnished through Syco Collectibles. Only got my money back after I threatened legal action against Syco Collectibles."

http://www.sycocollectibles.com/content/smoke-premium-format-statue-ap First off, this was advertised as "sold out" months ago. Secondly, and here is the biggest problem with this. Look under "Manufactured By".................. they have put "Sideshow Collectibles" the biggest collectibles distributor on the internet and widely respected. When in fact.... sideshow has nothing to do with SYCO. To me it seems SYCO is trying to ride the coattails of sideshow now and lure unknowing buyers into thinking a very well respected site deals with them, when they absolutely do not! I'm sure when enough people find out about this Darren will jsut claim it was a "typo"....... yeah...sure.

TylerLantern

POWER OF FEAR
Well, it looks like this question has been answered, as I have received my Smoke statue from Syco. This statue is nothing short of amazing and its HUGE. Check out the picture of the box it came in next to the blu ray case for size comparison, the box itself is over 3 feet tall. Pictures really do not do this statue justice at all, but I still took some for you guys to check out:

Here is the statue with the alternate head:

The statue even comes with a stand for the alternate head, as seen here:

Spletty

Grandmaster
Well, it looks like this question has been answered, as I have received my Smoke statue from Syco. This statue is nothing short of amazing and its HUGE. Check out the picture of the box it came in next to the blu ray case for size comparison, the box itself is over 3 feet tall. Pictures really do not do this statue justice at all, but I still took some for you guys to check out:

Here is the statue with the alternate head:

The statue even comes with a stand for the alternate head, as seen here:

The box looks huge but the statue looks fairly small.. I am confused lol

So why did this (the newest statue they announced) get shipped out before any of the ones that ppl have been waiting years on that have paid in full already? If you like it, that is good and you are happy that is even more important. But imo (and almost everyone I know of) that sculpt/pose/paint is atrocious compared to other statues of the same price.

For a $300 statue that's pretty poor in quality :(

Also, where are the dozen or so other statues they announced before this one? Wasn't there a Liu Kang and Motaro announced like 2 or so years ago?

Brandon Moran

I was born inside a moshpit
i have a bunch of these on order, so far i have only recieved ermac. waiting on my shipping confrim for smoke and noob

i have a bunch of these on order, so far i have only recieved ermac. waiting on my shipping confrim for smoke and noob
People are even having a hard time getting their refunds from this company now. I would be wary if I were you an had a bunch of stuff on pre order from them. They have more pre orders than statues they have on the market, and it's been years for some...when it's usually 6-7 months for most companies at most from pre order to shipping.

well.................. well........................... well.................

MARVEL HAS TERMINATED ALL CONTRACTS WITH SYCO!!!!

This can be considered official notice to our membership and anyone that reads this forum regarding this subject. I was just informed that I could let everyone know about this by one of Marvel's legal team.

It is great to see that Marvel/Disney investigated and listened to everyone and made the right choice. Kudo's to their legal team in working hard to ensure us collectors are protected from folks like this.

Posted by a MOD on statue forums that has close personal contact with Marvel and their legal/licensing team. If you do not trust this....there is NO helping you and you jsut decide to put your head in the sand to all of SYCO's shenanigans. Get out while you can people I HAVE WARNED YOU SO MUCH, there is nothing else I can do. They have cut ties with SYCO because they decide to deceive people and are now selling Sideshow ironman recasts and claiming they are official... if you lose all of your money all I can say is... I told you so. Read their facebook.... people can't even get emails back or refunds to statues they have already sent back...

Even though Jonathan/Darren will most likely still produce marvel statues and sell them illegally not licensed. Anyone who supports this company supports a criminal. That is all.

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=134692&page=60

TylerLantern
DanCock
Johnny2d
@any one else who has pre orders with them

AkTiVe

o.o
Their work is legit, my friend who lives a couple mins away from me ordered the Kitana statue from them and he got it.

Their work is legit, my friend who lives a couple mins away from me ordered the Kitana statue from them and he got it.

Tell that to the hundres of people who have been waiting YEARS on statues, even though they PAID IN FULL. Also, go ahead and do me a favor, order a few of their statues and tell me when you get them.... go on... I'll still be here in a few years maybe. If people go and ignore all of these signs, to me it is going to be funny as hell if you lose money.

TylerLantern

POWER OF FEAR
I have lost faith in Syco now as well. I backed them for the longest time, but now I will NEVER make another pre-order from them again. I will only buy from them if they have the statue IN STOCK, and from the looks of things, they will probably never have another in stock. Seems like they are just stealing people's money at this point.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
I have lost faith in Syco now as well. I backed them for the longest time, but now I will NEVER make another pre-order from them again. I will only buy from them if they have the statue IN STOCK, and from the looks of things, they will probably never have another in stock. Seems like they are just stealing people's money at this point.
Well now that you say this, I will save my "crazy MK statue" fund that I've been working on here and there for another figure...

DanCock

Cock Master!!
im still waiting on both of my statues O_O i think it has been just about a year now actually..

Brandon Moran

i dont think syco has ever claimed to be the manufacture of these new iron man figures. i think they are just distribiting them looking to raise funds the hopefully work on their own products. i too will no longer give the company money but there nothing i can do the recover my funds either. i accept that. altough beyond behind, the company is still trying to release products and if people just contiune to try to destroy the company then in essence they are the reason i will lose my money and never recieve product. again, syco has alot of problems and turn times being next to non exsistant, product is still being manufactured and we have been provided some detail and photos

DanCock

Cock Master!!

I got the emails for their new products and I'm like can I get the ones I ordered first.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Brandon Moran

Doesn't say one word of them manufacturing them and if you check the info on the site, another manufacture is listed and has been stated these are coming from japan. Everyone continues to scrunitize everything without proper knowledge and for all I know I can be wrong but if people are gonna scrunitize then so will I accept give the argument for the otherside. I don't know what licenses this company has. I don't know who they have joint ventures with, I don't know the laws for distribution of another product for another company that may hold the actual license. There is just aa lot of unknown and people keep harping

Brandon Moran

At the end of the day, all the facts are available and people can choose what to do. I've learned my lesson and will not spend anymore upfront. If the company is trying to dig themselves out then we need to allow them to do so and with out a revenue stream then product will never get put out. That's really all I have to say

My name is Erick Sosa
I am a professional sculptor been working for the toy and collectibles industry for almost 20 years now.
This is my website. www.prototypezstudios.com
I have worked for Mattel Toys, SOTA, Hasbro, Warner, DC Direct, Master Replicas, Factory Entertainment, Blizzard, Round 2collectibles, Sideshow, Kotobukiya, Yamato, etc.
I can tell you I personally spoke to Darren Martin AKA Jonathan Martin many times on skype, he is a fraud, and a liar. He tried to sucker me into helping him establish his company, and luckily certain things he'd say did not jive with me.... after receiving information directly from artists that had been scammed by this man and his sidekick Abdel , I decided to publicly cut off ANY ties with him.
I am not doing this to hurt anyone, but for the sake of the truth, and to perhaps help someone from falling into their game, this has gone far enough and I am done with this circus. Darren/Jonathan never faced the music, and it seems people are beginning to wake up.
I hope for the sake of your money, you will investigate this a bit further.
The product he is "moving" is connected to a company that produces Sideshow Collectibles recasts ( illegal product).... your call.
take the blue or red pill, your choice.