What's new

General/Other - Sub-Zero Sub-Zero: Who is that masked man? (And who is the Unmasked man?)

LionHeart V1

You will feel deaths cold embrace
Its Kuai Liang. 100% now. At least unmasked is for sure, if there are indeed two different versions. But yea its the younger Subzero. He's always been the more developed character of the two and the best developed character story wise in MK. NRS is not going to throw that away of some all new subzero.

Last edited:

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Its Kuai Liang. 100% now. At least unmasked is for sure, if there are indeed to different versions. But yea its the younger Subzero. He's always been the more developed character of the two and the best developed character story wise in MK. NRS is not going to throw that away of some all new subzero.
Pretty much. It be funny if at the end of MKX Noob is still in the Soulnado just chillin.

LionHeart V1

You will feel deaths cold embrace
I think they will address Noob in the story. I don't think they will just leave him flying around in the soulnado for eternity.

ZeZe

The smart stuff!
I hoped for Bi-Han, but hell, Kuai is also awesome. All good as long as it is not 3rd party Sub from Sea of Sub-Zeroes, and it's certain now it is one of the Sub-Z bros again. Would be kind of nice to see what's on with Noob. Bi-Han is still dear to me, so he better be well!

Last edited:

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
MK9 sub zero doesn't have his scar because (if you'll recall... he only received it in the original timeline before he escaped the cyber initiative). In Mk9, this never happened as raiden altered the timeline and allowed sub zero to be cyberized. Hence, no scar.

Now, in MKX (following the new timeline), sub zero does have his scar b/c he received it from Kano prior to whatever happens in MKX's story. So, I believe it is still kuai liang and that revenant sub we saw is him before he somehow gets resurrected.

Sorry Bi Han fans but... Noob be dead bruh.

Edit: I am also calling that Kuai has been corrupted somehow (most likely by being cut by that kamidogu dagger). That's why he doesn't want to help Cassie and co in the first story mode trailer we saw. And why in the Ermac vs Sub intro dialogue, Ermac says, "Your soul is corrupted" and Sub says "Not corrupted, freed"

SH0CKWAVE

Follow me to Glory
I thought it was Bi Han at first, now I’m 100% its Kaui Liang. If you head to IGN…sadly there is a video of all Johnny cages intros. In the intros with Sub Zero he asks about, how he lose the cybernetics? Subzero replies with A "benefits with quan chi methods". Pretty much locking in Kaui Liang as MKX Sub Zero and in another intro Sub Zero also states he regrets the alliance with Johnny cage. Seeing that Bi Han never had a alliance with Johnny cage. Makes it more locked in tight that Kaui Liang is the MKX Sub Zero.

I thought it was Bi Han at first, now I’m 100% its Kaui Liang. If you head to IGN…sadly there is a video of all Johnny cages intros. In the intros with Sub Zero he asks about, how he lose the cybernetics? Subzero replies with A "benefits with quan chi methods". Pretty much locking in Kaui Liang as MKX Sub Zero and in another intro Sub Zero also states he regrets the alliance with Johnny cage. Seeing that Bi Han never had a alliance with Johnny cage. Makes it more locked in tight that Kaui Liang is the MKX Sub Zero.
THIS
skip to 1:00

Last edited:

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
Noob is an undead shadow wraith so you can't reeaallyy kill him. Quan must have rescued him from the soulnado or something.

LinKueiLegend

The true Grandmaster
They are both Kuai Liang. It is possible for him to lose the scar. Mk Deception he list his scar once he got the powerful cryomancer armor. I mean come on. Both outfits have the same voice actor lol

Edit: Also that Sub vs Johnny quote.
Sub Zero: Do you recognize me?
Johnny: How'd you get uncyberized?
Sub Zero: The one benefit to Quan-Chi's process.

That Sub Zero had the mask on with no scar.