What's new

General/Other - Sub-Zero Sub-Zero General Discussion

RVB

twitch.tv/rvblacktail
I've always really preferred NJK for everyone, more control over spacing, guarantees wake ups can't touch you even if you miss a few frames, makes Clones safe that F12 doesn't (like say Reptiles), and the plus frames are never wasted considering you are almost always following it up with another attsck so it also helps your Oki and gives you a better chance of armor breaking if you misread.

Just my opinion, many prefer F12 for there extra point of damage.
it's not the damage that draws me towards f12 it's the timing, online you can miss time your njk and lose advantage frames but with f12 you know you're always in the money if you hit it. Also I've tested out f12 ender vs reptile's ex slide, it's completely safe.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
it's not the damage that draws me towards f12 it's the timing, online you can miss time your njk and lose advantage frames but with f12 you know you're always in the money if you hit it. Also I've tested out f12 ender vs reptile's ex slide, it's completely safe.
Not if you want to move back to space your Clone

You're right tho in general I take that part back

Maybe F12 is better I just find NJK to be more consistent for me for clone spacing.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
Of all the enders out there, I think the only one Reptile can punish is b33d4 xx clone. Odd because he can't punish it as a raw string into clone. Maybe my timing is off.

Who would use 112? That's like 0 chance of not giving you something fancy off from it. I may use F12 someday, I could use that move when the opponent is standing with Cryomancer if that works.
Ending a combo a short ways away (2-3 character lengths) from the corner, you can use 112 ender for a safe clone and screen push to corner, instead of ending with 123 xx slide.

Also, certain combo routes in the corner won't allow an f12 ender. B2, 242, 1, b12 xx clone uses up too much gravity and forces the NJK ender. I think b2, 24 xx shatter, b12 xx clone acts the same way.

RVB

twitch.tv/rvblacktail
Not if you want to move back to space your Clone

You're right tho in general I take that part back

Maybe F12 is better I just find NJK to be more consistent for me for clone spacing.
vesus female characters I do agree f12 followed by a safe klone doesn't work... because HITBOXES... dumb shit is dumb

zoofs

bless
some combos are best ended with njk others allow you to use f12 and get more damage and something like a 4 frame advantage over using njk.
One ender i never use is 112, I don't really see the point in that.
112 is only useful if you're at the perfect point where you're too far for f12/b33d4 from a midscreen combo but also not close enough to the corner that you won't even be able to place a clone.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
vesus female characters I do agree f12 followed by a safe klone doesn't work... because HITBOXES... dumb shit is dumb
Then using freeze, ji2, b2, 242, b33d4 though (or any b33d4 ender), no female character has a reversal fast enough to punish a clone. It takes the armor shred tech away for the most part, as well as the throw break trap... But it does slightly more damage.

how do i defend against combo pressures and low attack pressures with sub-zero icebomb is not working i ll try down x low kick but most of the other character attacks are too fast and beat out my moves its getting on my nerves

i also noticed that other sub-zero players dont use the same corner combos like i do wich is back triangle.triangle back square triangle ex freez jump triangle pop up up+left triangle square triangle x slide kick

Creepy00

Noob
i also noticed that other sub-zero players dont use the same corner combos like i do wich is back triangle.triangle back square triangle ex freez jump triangle pop up up+left triangle square triangle x slide kick
Well, most of us don't use ex iceball because you can do the same damage meterless with b2,b2, d1,d1, b12~iceclone. You can even do more damage with ice clone shatter combos at least in grandmaster.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
I keep harping on the b33 xx MB frost bomb in the corner. This threatens a near 40% combo from low start in addition to our near 40% off the OH. Not only that, but it's safer than the b33 xx ice ball on block and has no gap, unlike b33 xx MB ice blast. If you're sitting on meter, it's a good option.

boba_buster

Noob saibot
I like throwing b33xx iceburst mid screen , trains them to block low and pretty safe, when it does hit it puts them half screen away , which is what I like when playing unbreakable , they usually jump in if you don't rush them down , let's you take a few steps back to AA with s1

Creepy0 post: 1946244 said:
Well, most of us don't use ex iceball because you can do the same damage meterless with b2,b2, d1,d1, b12~iceclone. You can even do more damage with ice clone shatter combos at least in grandmaster.
Oh ok but down square is hard to land online especially doing it twice but whatever floats your alls boat

RVB said:
Online sucks especially mk online

A hard move to land is icebomb then run back square triangle or forward cricle triangle it can be done but it requires great timeing its a great anti air punish and counter but it takes 1 ex meter 2 if your doing combo wich reqires freeze

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
B2, b2, d1, b12 (or b3 for the ladies) xx clone isn't bad. Even in lag, this is easy enough to land with muscle memory and all that. You've got a lot of games under your belt @darthdragonking, I'm surprised you don't do this one.

boba_buster

Noob saibot
If only we had another lin kuei member .... But we don't so sub is the only character in the game as far as I'm concerned

Well i tried that back square triangle ice clone combo that everyone does and i gotta say its not guaranteed cuz ice clone does not connect cuz sub is too close to opponent i think i ll just stick with ex freeze instead

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
It is a fighting game after all. The right timing is required, but it's pretty forgiving. However if you really hate that combo...

B2, b2, d1, 11 xx clone will freeze reliably and meterless with little room for error. I don't typically use this myself unless the connection is particularly awful. Test the inputs for yourself though, see if you can speed it up or slow it down to the point where it doesn't work.