What's new

General/Other - Sub-Zero Sub-Zero General Discussion

STK

Beso de Muerte + Fantasía Oscura
The cool down is ever don't really matter but this clone going away on block shit is so dumb
yea this is the only thing im mad at honestly. Watching people do block string on me while the clone was behind me was funny.

Korey Wilburn

KOREYTHEDRAGON
Yeah I don't get it. Besides Tom winning the one tourney with a bunch of the good players I have not seen sub win one major or ESL. people just need to adapt and shut up. Of course they let scorpion untouched. Sub has his hard match ups in the first place now he's just going to have more.

zee

Icy
WTF IS THIS I'M HEARING ABOUT STANDING 1 HAVING A 10F START UP NOW?!!!!

I checked all three variations to be sure... still 7 frames. Game's updated, screenshot from PS4.

Edit: Also, f1,2 is now +2 on block for Grandmaster and Unbreakable only. For Cryomancer it's still 0 on block, presumably because he can launch from it.

Last edited:

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face

I checked all three variations to be sure... still 7 frames. Game's updated, screenshot from PS4.

Edit: f1,2 is now +2 on block for Grandmaster and Unbreakable only. For Cryomancer it's still 0 on block, presumably because he can launch from it.
Oh thank you. I must have misunderstood then

matmusada

Lin Kuei Initiate
I figured that GM was going to be nerfed, in particular clone. However, I'm still maining GM while keeping Cryo-Sub in the back-pocket. It's funny, though, because while Subz received a documented change the Erron Black fans are whining about a universal change to j.N. attacks. I have no reals really.
Regardless I'm standing with all my Lin Kuei brethren.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
The fact that the SZ community has taken this in stride and Brady hasn't decapitated anyone with an ice sword makes me so proud of the Lin Kuei.

Also: I, too, want to see more Unbreakable. I trust @RunwayMafia 's judgement, and my hope is that GM being toned down will lead to more exploration.

SWonder916

When's DragonBall?
The fact that the SZ community has taken this in stride and Brady hasn't decapitated anyone with an ice sword makes me so proud of the Lin Kuei.

Also: I, too, want to see more Unbreakable. I trust @RunwayMafia 's judgement, and my hope is that GM being toned down will lead to more exploration.
Yea I wanna try some Unbreakable. From a distance it seems like the cousin of Grandmaster, parrying attack strings into freeze, etc

crosshair271

Sub-Xerox
I think we should start using the clone smash in combos because it does tons of damage. It also remedies the 2 second cool down that messed up the b2 b2 d1 b12 clone combo while clone was out. My combo vid shows some of these. I tried to be as optimal as possible because Sub needs the damage now.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I think we should start using the clone smash in combos because it does tons of damage. It also remedies the 2 second cool down that messed up the b2 b2 d1 b12 clone combo while clone was out. My combo vid shows some of these. I tried to be as optimal as possible because Sub needs the damage now.

These are known.

The problem has already been fixed, we simply do 3-4% less damage on our B2 corner bnb.

SWonder916

When's DragonBall?

Yea I don't know why folks don't use ice burst more often in the corner. If u get the hit burst that bytch and get the damage. That should be the point of setting the clone up then going in for a hit confirm imo

crosshair271

Sub-Xerox
These are known.

The problem has already been fixed, we simply do 3-4% less damage on our B2 corner bnb.
I understand some discovered it but I haven't seen anyone do these in a match. It nets much more damage and gives the clone setup. The alternate combo is great as well but now we need to get as much damage as possible.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I understand some discovered it but I haven't seen anyone do these in a match. It nets much more damage and gives the clone setup. The alternate combo is great as well but now we need to get as much damage as possible.
It's not merely a case of discovery, players are choosing their setups based on liking.

Here's your options;

End in a F12 clone that is very close and you can throw people into

End in a clone a little further back for shatter mixups

Most people will go with the first option because it's the safe and baits a jump or poke from your opponent, others will do it simply because tom does it, etc.

I agree in that shatter mixups are a necessity due to the huge damage you cash in and the safety from interrupts in between.

crosshair271

Sub-Xerox
It's not merely a case of discovery, players are choosing their setups based on liking.

Here's your options;

End in a F12 clone that is very close and you can throw people into

End in a clone a little further back for shatter mixups

Most people will go with the first option because it's the safe and baits a jump or poke from your opponent, others will do it simply because tom does it, etc.

I agree in that shatter mixups are a necessity due to the huge damage you cash in and the safety from interrupts in between.
Tom and Alioune are the only ones I've seen playing strong. Although I notice Tom omits the extra fj1 for extra damage. Those little 1-2% add up when you keep doing them to someone. I also noticed in general people play on autopilot going for the clone setup again instead of the extended combo for the round.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Tom and Alioune are the only ones I've seen playing strong. Although I notice Tom omits the extra fj1 for extra damage. Those little 1-2% add up when you keep doing them to someone. I also noticed in general people play on autopilot going for the clone setup again instead of the extended combo for the round.
I agree, but I think tom goes for the safer setups in general, never seen him go for a shatter mixup in any video I've seen.

In tournament you are better off going for a combo you've already nailed down.

crosshair271

Sub-Xerox
I agree, but I think tom goes for the safer setups in general, never seen him go for a shatter mixup in any video I've seen.

In tournament you are better off going for a combo you've already nailed down.
I guess I like nailing the harder more rewarding combos. I just hate when I see someone lose because they cut their combo short.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I guess I like nailing the harder more rewarding combos. I just hate when I see someone lose because they cut their combo short.
It's different in tournament play. When I'm playing in my underwear at home I'm going to go for the best combos but when I go to tournaments I do the basic combo into the setup I want. It's not a forgiving enviroment to things not 100% guaranteed.

It's different in tournament play. When I'm playing in my underwear at home I'm going to go for the best combos but when I go to tournaments I do the basic combo into the setup I want. It's not a forgiving enviroment to things not 100% guaranteed.
Def I do the same thing. I want my guaranteed not gonna drop 37% over a 41% I may drop.

PwnStar

Noob
If you think this kills GM in most MUs you're nuts. Yeah some MUs got tougher but they're not OMG horrible now.
D'Vorah...have fun never landing a clone as she pokes you through it and still moves forward. Like there's literally no reason to use GM against her now, you're better off with Cryo.